Thread: Arms, traits?

Arms, traits?

So since 8.1 and the removal of the trait that actually made us useful in raids, executioner precision!

Im really struggling to find what traits to use on bosses other than zek and Vectis, ive been playing archive and 2x crushing assult, but it doesn't seem to proc much and its very frustrating, my dps has really fell off since 8.1 even in execute phase! In mythic plus I run either 3x Lord of war or 2x lord of war and archive, which is ok on trash week, but tryanical not so great!

Need some advice as im maining arms in 8.1 raid

My advice? Go Fury, since the patch, my Arms sim 1.5k lower than my Fury, and the playstyle feels awkward now that the rage refund from Execute is reduced and EP is removed.

If you want to stick to Arms through, I would advise only 1 Crushing Assault, 1 Strike the Anvil, and 1 Blightborne Infusion for single target.

Deleted
    What jim said. For arms i'd go for Crushing / Strike / Blightborne for ST and 3x seasmic wave for AoE. Strike the Anvil makes the spec less awkward but i just swapped to fury. Better playstyle and the traits are more fun (especially if you have 1x UF).

Quote Originally Posted by Maddestmad View Post
    What jim said. For arms i'd go for Crushing / Strike / Blightborne for ST and 3x seasmic wave for AoE. Strike the Anvil makes the spec less awkward but i just swapped to fury. Better playstyle and the traits are more fun (especially if you have 1x UF).
    Seismic wave is not the best AoE trait. Like at all. You'd prefer LoW and GS for AoE. Don't spout crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Deciticus View Post
    Seismic wave is not the best AoE trait. Like at all. You'd prefer LoW and GS for AoE. Don't spout crap.
    Bloodmallet disagree with you.

For short, burst AoE like when you're cheesing MOTHER with all cooldowns, LoW and GS is nice. For frequent, consistent AoE, SW is the trait to go.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    Bloodmallet disagree with you.

For short, burst AoE like when you're cheesing MOTHER with all cooldowns, LoW and GS is nice. For frequent, consistent AoE, SW is the trait to go.
    That's not what bloodmallet says. Bloodmallet says, in a HaC style fight, SW would give the best throughput. Do you know what Hectic add cleave is? It's based on the Horridon style fight from Throne of Thunder. Do you know how many fights or scenarios in game currently reflect that fight style in current content?

Not a single, fucking, one. SW looks good, but the only place it does relatively well is on fortified, specifically fortified+teeming. That said, it is still an abysmally weak trait on single target, and using it results in making arms already awful single target, even worse. As a result, not only is it not actually the best aoe trait in real world scenarios, but it is also still the worst single target trait.

Use your brain.