Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
16
... LastLast
  1. #261
    I also want to add that the name of this thread is just simply wrong. You cant bring back something that hasnt gotten removed. Yes communication has decreased over years in most easy and open world content but saying that communication doesnt exists when you guys only run lfr and low lvl mythic dungeons is factualy wrong. So more proper title would will classic Improve communication.

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    "I didn't pay attention to the mechanics I just had fun" doesn't change what those mechanics are and were. I can play an FPS game "to have fun with my friends!!!! and if I kill someone great" but that doesn't somehow make shooting and being first person not the fundamental gameplay mechanic. Having fun with your friends and not caring about gear doesn't change the fact that incremental progression of repetitive encounters is the fundamental gameplay mechanic of MMORPGs.

    You can ignore gear and just play with your friends in modern wow, but muh narrative. Vanilla was absolutely generic gloves #99 with artificial minor stat increase, are you joking? Lmao "unlocking new things and interesting content!!!" Please.
    I think their point is that for every increase in power you got, you came closer to new content (actual change in scenery, surroundings, enemies, and of course difficulty), while in modern wow, getting an increase in power only gets you closer to completing a higher difficulty, which is exactly the same scenery, surroundings and enemies. It feels like a carrot you will never catch, because obtaining a higher number doesn't feel as good as downing an entirely new boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

  3. #263
    The kind of communication Classic "brings back" is:

    "LFM 2 DPS (Mage preferred) 1 Healer to Zul Farrak"

    Yes, the kind of thing that could be done much easier and faster with a LFD tool.

    Actual communication in the group when doing more challenging content has never left.

  4. #264
    No it won't.

    One of the first add ons will be a lfg tool that automates everything but the travel to the instance.

  5. #265
    wow so much communication so much fun


    lfg / lfm
    lf 1 tank 1 heal for xxx

    port pls
    water pls
    buff pls

    so fun yeah !!!!
    Last edited by joggerwearerlol; 2019-05-26 at 12:13 PM.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcleaver View Post
    Ye well i dont think you would tbh. If your reason for not going mythic is that lfr exists you are just a casual simple as that and its not a bad thing by any means but dont go saying u can kill the hardest boss with wq gear when its simply not true.
    My reason to not go above LFR is because I already defeated her and getting gear from higher difficulties is not doing anything for me. M+ is not new content for me.

  7. #267
    I am Murloc! Nobleshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    5,973
    I think it will depend. Some people will still bring their selfish "out for myself" attitude to Classic; nothing can fix that but you see that even in the older MMOs that actual force communication (as in, you can't do things solo; even leveling). You'll still have the people that will refuse to group up for kill quests and instead just ninja tag mobs, you'll have people trying to corner the market on expensive things and try to stop anyone else from getting those items without paying them (the "Devilsaur Mafia" that you see on Private Servers), you'll have people wanting to pretend everything is super serious and if you aren't 110% min-maxed you're terrible, etc.

    Games can only do so much to encourage communication and community, the rest is on the players and I think with in general how games have evolved since 2004, there will still be communication but it won't be the same as in the old days.

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I think it will depend. Some people will still bring their selfish "out for myself" attitude to Classic; nothing can fix that but you see that even in the older MMOs that actual force communication (as in, you can't do things solo; even leveling). You'll still have the people that will refuse to group up for kill quests and instead just ninja tag mobs, you'll have people trying to corner the market on expensive things and try to stop anyone else from getting those items without paying them (the "Devilsaur Mafia" that you see on Private Servers), you'll have people wanting to pretend everything is super serious and if you aren't 110% min-maxed you're terrible, etc.

    Games can only do so much to encourage communication and community, the rest is on the players and I think with in general how games have evolved since 2004, there will still be communication but it won't be the same as in the old days.
    what u cant level solo in wow?

    how did i hit lvl 60 back in 2004 then

    hmm

  9. #269
    A big part of classic was communication/friend list/ignore list etc so yeah it will bring it back and possible for retail too (i hope).

  10. #270
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Exactly
    Posts
    1,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Actual communication in the group when doing more challenging content has never left.
    It left in Wrath.

  11. #271
    Retailers who try their hand at Classic are going to have to learn quickly how important communication is in a real MMO. Classic is not a single player action game and it will be a shock to the system for people who have got used to how things are done on retail.

  12. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    My reason to not go above LFR is because I already defeated her and getting gear from higher difficulties is not doing anything for me. M+ is not new content for me.
    That means u lack the motivation for actual raiding all you want to do is kill her once for story and thats it. I honestly havent read many of the previous posts but if you are saying communication is gone because you dont see any of it in LFR then you are wrong. LFR is made for people to see story not to communicate and put effort into teamwork, gearing to overcome harder obstacles.

  13. #273
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcleaver View Post
    That means u lack the motivation for actual raiding all you want to do is kill her once for story and thats it. I honestly havent read many of the previous posts but if you are saying communication is gone because you dont see any of it in LFR then you are wrong. LFR is made for people to see story not to communicate and put effort into teamwork, gearing to overcome harder obstacles.
    Yea, lack of motivation to play current WoW is why I stopped playing current WoW.

    EDIT: Edited out you are genius part because it looked to be quite offensive. It wasn't my intention.
    Last edited by ManiaCCC; 2019-05-26 at 12:55 PM.

  14. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Yea, lack of motivation to play current WoW is why I stopped playing current WoW. You are genius
    You said you dont enjoy playing because you can kill jaina in LFR and you dont care about higher difficulties. So im almost 100% sure if lfr was removed you wouldnt be playing at all. It looks like you actualy dont want to do harder content so dont blame blizzard for adding LFR but look at yourself why you cant bring yourself to doing more than just LFR. Its clear you dont enjoy the game anymore but saying LFR/M+ is the reason of it is pretty weak.

  15. #275
    I am Murloc! Nobleshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    5,973
    Quote Originally Posted by joggerwearerlol View Post
    what u cant level solo in wow?

    how did i hit lvl 60 back in 2004 then

    hmm
    Re-read what I said. I said even in older MMOs that forced communication you didn't always get it, not in WoW. Only some classes could solo in EQ for example, others you had to rely on other players to group to kill mobs, and even then you had no guarantee of communication.

  16. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcleaver View Post
    You said you dont enjoy playing because you can kill jaina in LFR and you dont care about higher difficulties. So im almost 100% sure if lfr was removed you wouldnt be playing at all.
    It's not just about LFR but anyway, you are just wrong here. You may not believe me and honestly, it doesn't matter. But I know, if they would keep their older philosophies of content structure, i would be easily motivated to play WoW.

  17. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Yes you did. Thats what players like you dont get. Majority of people consider it as finished game. Nobady cares about titles you can earn them next patch or expansio. Nobady cares about mounts you can earn them next patch, buy boost, or farm next expansion. Not mentioning most people have 300+ mounts anyway so another new mount no matter how good looking is really isnt that fun reward. Achievements again nobady cares about some filled bars what nobady can see without putting effort into inspecting someone. In classic you can actualy instanly tell what progression player done by just looking at their gear.

    New difficutly isnt new content it is same content but harder and iniciative to actualy do harder content isnt there at all. Classic is far more appealing and far more fun to participate in different types of content exactly for that fact there are no difficulty levels. It is far more fun complete Wailing Cavers than Wailing Caverns +1,+2,+3 etc...
    And i am not metioning how fragmented community is becouse of this.

    You can say how is moder game harder becouse of mythic +10 or mythic raiding. Fact that you have to use difficulty slider type of excuse to defend retail content only proves its in horrible state. No matter what you say. As long as moder wow will have easy mods it never will be harder than classic becouse game difficulty is determined by lowest possible difficutly.

    There is so many games what are pretty hard on hard difficulty yet only about 1 it is said all the time. Darks Souls. Even when some games can be harder on hardest difficulty level DS will be alwers mentioned as number 1, becouse it has no easy mod. You do 1 set difficulty or you wont finish game. And thats how it should be.
    Even dark souls have different levels of difficulty (I have beated it in ++ mode) but if differs from wow that instead going up it goes down.
    Encounter on lower diff does not have certain nechanics/adds, so for me beating an encounter that lacks certain aspect of it you have not beated the game. You finish a game when you beat it in his complete aspect, and as of wow you beat a raid tier only if your raid get Cutting Edge where you face it as the developers programmed it for

  18. #278
    No.

    Communication is the people and their mentality, not patch notes. The age of 'innocence' is over long ago for this game as most things on the internet.

  19. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by Murthag View Post
    Even dark souls have different levels of difficulty (I have beated it in ++ mode) but if differs from wow that instead going up it goes down.
    Encounter on lower diff does not have certain nechanics/adds, so for me beating an encounter that lacks certain aspect of it you have not beated the game. You finish a game when you beat it in his complete aspect, and as of wow you beat a raid tier only if your raid get Cutting Edge where you face it as the developers programmed it for
    Yes but baseline DS difficulty is alredy pretty challenging. In WoW it would be like starting at Mythic+10 than go up. And i am not mention how much segmented community is becouse of it and how terrible it must be to balance game around so many difficulty levels. It is proven that games with 1 set difficulty tends to be farm more enyojable becouse you dont have to balance and create artificial rules to prevent your game from breaking at higher or lower difficulty levels. This concept of having multiple sized difficulty levels si absolute nonsense. Ulduar was peak when comes to difficulty desing. Everything after was pure garbage mess of inflated gear, content invalidation, welfare gear, etc...

  20. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    No.

    Communication is the people and their mentality, not patch notes. The age of 'innocence' is over long ago for this game as most things on the internet.
    we have a 15 page thread about players communicating, and you are over here talking about patch notes? what?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •