Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
17
18
... LastLast
  1. #301
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Because 95% of the content in the game is trivial and irrelevant

    lol
    As it was back then

    The you can't judge it, the relevant content is mythic with is in always in good shape, instead you do some LFR without going deep in the sistem ans claim game is S45it.
    So please first inform yourself then judgde

  2. #302
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    Can't wait for vanilla community back! no toxic, no twitch chat emote spamming and more mature behavior, I prefer 2004 age community thats why I'll play classic too.
    Only thing why I might play classic occasionally.

  3. #303
    My only concern is that the beta was a carefully selected pool of players, mostly people with accounts dating back to Vanilla. These people actually experienced WoW in its golden days and want to recreate that experience. What happens when they open the floodgates and the game gets swamped by retailers? If they bring their toxic attitudes and behaviours with them it could ruin the social aspect of Classic.

  4. #304
    Quote Originally Posted by Murthag View Post
    As it was back then

    The you can't judge it, the relevant content is mythic with is in always in good shape, instead you do some LFR without going deep in the sistem ans claim game is S45it.
    So please first inform yourself then judgde
    No it isnt. Tell me why should i do mythic when i alredy cleared that content in LFR hmmm? For lulz? And i have done lot of hardcore raiding in TBC till MOP. Doing higher difficulty levels is waste od time right now. I alredy saw content and 15 itemlvl for 1000% more effort? No thanks. I used to raid to see content and get epic gear. I can see content in LFR i can get good epic gear by facerolling world quests. There is nothing absolutly nothing worth as reward for doing any sort of raiding.
    Last edited by Elias01; 2019-05-27 at 09:24 AM.

  5. #305
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Yes you did. Thats what players like you dont get. Majority of people consider it as finished game. Nobady cares about titles you can earn them next patch or expansio. Nobady cares about mounts you can earn them next patch, buy boost, or farm next expansion. Not mentioning most people have 300+ mounts anyway so another new mount no matter how good looking is really isnt that fun reward. Achievements again nobady cares about some filled bars what nobady can see without putting effort into inspecting someone. In classic you can actualy instanly tell what progression player done by just looking at their gear.

    New difficutly isnt new content it is same content but harder and iniciative to actualy do harder content isnt there at all. Classic is far more appealing and far more fun to participate in different types of content exactly for that fact there are no difficulty levels. It is far more fun complete Wailing Cavers than Wailing Caverns +1,+2,+3 etc...
    And i am not metioning how fragmented community is becouse of this.

    You can say how is moder game harder becouse of mythic +10 or mythic raiding. Fact that you have to use difficulty slider type of excuse to defend retail content only proves its in horrible state. No matter what you say. As long as moder wow will have easy mods it never will be harder than classic becouse game difficulty is determined by lowest possible difficutly.

    There is so many games what are pretty hard on hard difficulty yet only about 1 it is said all the time. Darks Souls. Even when some games can be harder on hardest difficulty level DS will be alwers mentioned as number 1, becouse it has no easy mod. You do 1 set difficulty or you wont finish game. And thats how it should be.
    Hahahaha. What absolute dribble. I agree, people who have played backyard football have absolutely won the Superbowl/Champion's League. Anyone who has ever shot a 2-point shot has won the playoffs. Anyone with a retail job has been a CEO.

    I bet life is brilliant in your mind, when you can justify never actually trying at anything because as long as you can do the absolute bare minimum, you've done everything there is to do. There is literally only one reason that someone would think the way you do, and that's because they're absolutely fucking terrified of finding how just how mediocre they are if they ever have to do something challenging. Pathetic.

    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    Can't wait for vanilla community back! no toxic, no twitch chat emote spamming and more mature behavior, I prefer 2004 age community thats why I'll play classic too.

    Anyone who thinks this is actually going to happen is dreaming. Classic isn't a time machine. Online communities have irreversibly changed since 2004 and if you believe that Classic is not going to be overwhelmed with streamers and their obsessive legion of 14 year old fans spamming "pepega" and "4head" at every turn you are kidding yourself.
    Last edited by Nzx; 2019-05-27 at 09:36 AM.

  6. #306
    Well, times have changed so we cannot really say. However, dungeons and activities in vanilla, in general, push people towards communication. That might affect how people interact. Also, there are benefits in being nice to the others in your group. You might be added as friend and called back again. You don't need to do much. Just not being a total anti-social basement dweller would be enough (Not to you OP I mean in general). I never had an issue finding a group before lfg either through friends or guilds. I only joined a guild in late TBC but I had a number of reliable players I added to my friendlist the previous years. I am sure not wanting to be blacklisted as "yet another awkward neckbeard" will stop SOME people from being completely toxic.

  7. #307
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    No it isnt. Tell me why should i do mythic when i alredy cleared that content in LFR hmmm? For lulz? And i have done lot of hardcore raiding in TBC till MOP. Doing higher difficulty levels is waste od time right now. I alredy saw content and 15 itemlvl for 1000% more effort? No thanks. I used to raid to see content and get epic gear. I can see content in LFR i can get good epic gear by facerolling world quests. There is nothing absolutly nothing worth as reward for doing any sort of raiding.
    As I sai LFR is irrilevant, becouse the encounters in LFR lacks major mechanics present in the fight, and as a result the reward is lower compered to mythic, which is the difficulty where encounters are designed for.

    So no this is the same slimmrey slope argument that you "vetars" use to defend yourself while you have no argument to the subject

  8. #308
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Classic isn't a time machine. Online communities have irreversibly changed since 2004 and if you believe that Classic is not going to be overwhelmed with streamers and their obsessive legion of 14 year old fans spamming "pepega" and "4head" at every turn you are kidding yourself.
    The beta is already full of it. The elitism from some people in low level dungeons like Deadmines is astounding. It's a beta ffs. Just take a chill pill and have fun.
    Just eight countries in the region are responsible for about 63 percent of total plastic waste flowing into the oceans. Little of that junk has been exported by rich economies. Instead, it's almost solely generated by Asia's newly minted consumer classes, the vast majority of whom lack awareness to garbage collection, modern landfills and incineration. Any progress in reducing ocean plastic will have to start with them. Bloomberg. 2018.



  9. #309
    Quote Originally Posted by Murthag View Post
    As I sai LFR is irrilevant, becouse the encounters in LFR lacks major mechanics present in the fight, and as a result the reward is lower compered to mythic, which is the difficulty where encounters are designed for.

    So no this is the same slimmrey slope argument that you "vetars" use to defend yourself while you have no argument to the subject
    If he doesn't care for the mechanics of the fight, and is more interested in the dungeon level, enemies, what bosses are and do, the story and general lore, his point it still valid.
    Mother pus bucket!

  10. #310
    Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    My only concern is that the beta was a carefully selected pool of players, mostly people with accounts dating back to Vanilla. These people actually experienced WoW in its golden days and want to recreate that experience. What happens when they open the floodgates and the game gets swamped by retailers? If they bring their toxic attitudes and behaviours with them it could ruin the social aspect of Classic.
    I strongly believe anyone interested in the fast pacing elements of retail will not be interested in classic wow.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    The beta is already full of it. The elitism from some people in low level dungeons like Deadmines is astounding. It's a beta ffs. Just take a chill pill and have fun.
    I'm guessing that will tone down once the game is available to all.

  11. #311
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    The beta is already full of it. The elitism from some people in low level dungeons like Deadmines is astounding. It's a beta ffs. Just take a chill pill and have fun.
    It's not even surprising though when you consider the state of it on forums like these. Every second comment is spamming about how "easy" retail is and how much more complex and difficulty Classic is, when that's just objectively not true. People have contorted themselves into believing that completing LFR is equal to finishing the game when in reality that's equivalent to getting to level 60 in Vanilla.

    They've shifted the goalposts so far and the arguments are so absurd that it's barely even worth commenting on. Six months (max) after Classic launches there are going to be threads left right and centre about how Classic "desperately" needs the LFG and LFR tools, how "terrible" 40-man raid loot distribution is, how it's "impossible" to gear any characters, how "unfriendly" the game is to alts - some people just don't understand that sometimes, you don't like something, and that's okay, but you shouldn't try and force it to be changed so that you like it, you should go and try something else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tankabbot View Post
    I'm guessing that will tone down once the game is available to all.
    What on Earth gives you that idea? Classic doesn't exist in some kind of vacuum where it's immune to internet subculture. It's not some magical safe-space where no one will ever meme all over every single chat channel. It's not some sheltered haven where raider.io, wowprogress and item levels don't exist and everyone gets groups entirely based on telling the group leader they "can definitely do BWL". The only reason Classic might have slightly less of any of that is because it will be vastly less populated than most new-release games and retail WoW itself.
    Last edited by Nzx; 2019-05-27 at 09:55 AM.

  12. #312
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    It's not even surprising though when you consider the state of it on forums like these. Every second comment is spamming about how "easy" retail is and how much more complex and difficulty Classic is, when that's just objectively not true. People have contorted themselves into believing that completing LFR is equal to finishing the game when in reality that's equivalent to getting to level 60 in Vanilla.

    They've shifted the goalposts so far and the arguments are so absurd that it's barely even worth commenting on. Six months (max) after Classic launches there are going to be threads left right and centre about how Classic "desperately" needs the LFG and LFR tools, how "terrible" 40-man raid loot distribution is, how it's "impossible" to gear any characters, how "unfriendly" the game is to alts - some people just don't understand that sometimes, you don't like something, and that's okay, but you shouldn't try and force it to be changed so that you like it, you should go and try something else.



    What on Earth gives you that idea? Classic doesn't exist in some kind of vacuum where it's immune to internet subculture. It's not some magical safe-space where no one will ever meme all over every single chat channel. It's not some sheltered haven where raider.io, wowprogress and item levels don't exist and everyone gets groups entirely based on telling the group leader they "can definitely do BWL". The only reason Classic might have slightly less of any of that is because it will be vastly less populated than most new-release games and retail WoW itself.
    Mainly because of beta working off invitation only. People actually playing beta now are not an exact representation of your everyday gamer. Not sure about raiding. My guess is most people will approach classic in somewhat of a casual way.

  13. #313
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankabbot View Post
    Mainly because of beta working off invitation only. People actually playing beta now are not an exact representation of your everyday gamer. Not sure about raiding. My guess is most people will approach classic in somewhat of a casual way.
    But you don't have any idea what the invitation criteria were? Obviously streamers got invited, but it's not like they went out of their way to give beta keys to content creators to give out like they have in the past, so there's no real grounds to suggest that people who were invited to the beta are any more or less toxic than the average person. If the average Classic player is anything like the average Classic fan on MMOC though, I think you're in for a wild ride of absolute garbage in the community, at least in the short-term.

  14. #314
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    But you don't have any idea what the invitation criteria were? Obviously streamers got invited, but it's not like they went out of their way to give beta keys to content creators to give out like they have in the past, so there's no real grounds to suggest that people who were invited to the beta are any more or less toxic than the average person. If the average Classic player is anything like the average Classic fan on MMOC though, I think you're in for a wild ride of absolute garbage in the community, at least in the short-term.
    Yeah I don't know. It's a fresh start though. Rude people will be left behind, constructive people will have more friends and group more often.

  15. #315
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Hahahaha. What absolute dribble. I agree,
    Interesting. If nothing else, at least i laughed.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tankabbot View Post
    Yeah I don't know. It's a fresh start though. Rude people will be left behind, constructive people will have more friends and group more often.
    Never has been and never will be the case. No one has ever been able to provide a real example of this occuring other than "dude, trust me, i totally played vanilla and if you made a SINGLE rude comment in any of my groups, i hunted you down and made sure you never got a guild or group EVER again"

    Followed by the actual vanilla players explaining that no, that is not how it ever worked. And it still doesnt.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tankabbot View Post
    Mainly because of beta working off invitation only. People actually playing beta now are not an exact representation of your everyday gamer. Not sure about raiding. My guess is most people will approach classic in somewhat of a casual way.
    X doubt.

    Provide ANY kind of proof other than "dude, trust me, those top 3 streamers totally scammed invites and my mate from Mexico with no retail sub didnt get in!!! its rigged!!!!"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    The beta is already full of it. The elitism from some people in low level dungeons like Deadmines is astounding. It's a beta ffs. Just take a chill pill and have fun.
    Beta isnt for having fun, beta is for finding and reporting bugs. Either way, you are correct about the madness of elitism in even the absolute most trivial content, and that absolutely will translate into launch. The idea that everyone got along in vanilla is so far beyond a joke, all you can do is laugh.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tankabbot View Post



    I'm guessing that will tone down once the game is available to all.
    Based on what? It happened in Vanilla, why would it not happen in Classic?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    My only concern is that the beta was a carefully selected pool of players
    Please provide any kind of proof of this bold claim.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Murthag View Post
    As it was back then

    The you can't judge it, the relevant content is mythic with is in always in good shape, instead you do some LFR without going deep in the sistem ans claim game is S45it.
    So please first inform yourself then judgde
    Holy shit........just holy shit. Did you intentionally try and mistype every single word? Are you RPing as a dude who knows how to English, but your mother was killed by English, so you have spent your life rebelling and fighting against English every chance you get?

    Secondly, OT, Mythic is not the relevant content, as it is the content completed by the smallest percentage of players - making it the LEAST relevant content to the vast majority of the community.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    No.

    Communication is the people and their mentality, not patch notes. The age of 'innocence' is over long ago for this game as most things on the internet.
    You get it - The game is not the issue - its how people communicate in general in ALL online forums that has changed, and that includes vanilla players. Some of us remember a time when CounterStrike Beta was mostly social, fun, laughing, and ppl having a great time - now we have angry Russian memes and endless abuse. I suspect even Worms has a toxic online community.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Retail's challenge is "move out of 5 different kinds of fire"

    Vanilla's challenge is "actually do some math and research and think about your class, spec, abilities, consumes, raid composition, etc"
    HAHAHAHAH omfg you dont ACTUALLY believe that absolute garbage do you? Dont pretend you break out the calculator every time you see a new item in vanilla, and holy godamn shit that comment about raid comp. Jesus Christ what an absolute joke "derp stack 3 classes" yeah, real advanced stuff. What blows my mind is that you clearly have ZERO experience in mythic, and yet try to pretend to be an expert on all things raiding. Abilities? in vanilla? far out dude, 90% of classes re spamming 1-2 abilities. Just holy molly good god in heaven. Vanillas challenge is "15 of our 40 raiders are afk.........and we really shouldnt try this with more than 10 afk, we will have to wait!". Actually, its from the prep work and farming, but anyone who was ACTUALLY there knows that. But at no point EVER did the prep work involve math, research, classes, specs, abilities, or raid comp. The only one you got right was consumables, and you called it consumes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    A myth that keeps happening on every unofficial vanilla server? Sure buddy, whatever you need to tell yourself.
    Hyperbole, the ultimate weapon of the confused and desperate. EVERY unofficial server? I have 3, did it happen on mine? Whatever you need to tell yourself.

  16. #316
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Because there's a lot more quests that you physically are unable to do at the right level unless you're a pet class.
    Good luck getting the Whirlwind axe without a group, and due to the game pacing it inherently sets a better foundation to actually communicate with people.

    I did a metric ton of M+ back in Legion because I enjoyed the content, but no one ever uttered a single word at all outside of "YOU'RE FUCKING SHIT NOOB CUNT CYKA" if someone made a single mistake.
    So you described what I just said perfectly. E.g.
    Lfm for elite quests.
    Hunter lfg
    *Invited*
    Hunter, put your pet on caster dude
    Ok.

    What's so fucking magical about that? It happens every day thousands of times a day in retail.
    E.g.
    *Invited to a raid*
    We are doing X Strat
    Ok
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  17. #317
    Why do people assume that Classic will change people into what the community was, and not that the community today will turn Classic into what they want? Classic might be nearly identical to vanilla but that doesnt mean people will play it the way it was played in vanilla?

  18. #318
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    No it isnt. Tell me why should i do mythic when i alredy cleared that content in LFR hmmm? For lulz? And i have done lot of hardcore raiding in TBC till MOP. Doing higher difficulty levels is waste od time right now. I alredy saw content and 15 itemlvl for 1000% more effort? No thanks. I used to raid to see content and get epic gear. I can see content in LFR i can get good epic gear by facerolling world quests. There is nothing absolutly nothing worth as reward for doing any sort of raiding.
    Mythic raiding is the only thing worth doing for the gear. All other content is obsolete. It's more likely that terrible players can't break into mythic raiding. Because they are terrible. People shouldn't pretend there are any other barriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  19. #319
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    why so mad bro

  20. #320
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Interesting. If nothing else, at least i laughed.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Never has been and never will be the case. No one has ever been able to provide a real example of this occuring other than "dude, trust me, i totally played vanilla and if you made a SINGLE rude comment in any of my groups, i hunted you down and made sure you never got a guild or group EVER again"

    Followed by the actual vanilla players explaining that no, that is not how it ever worked. And it still doesnt.
    Not sure exactly what you want but yeah that is how it worked out for me and for everyone that wasnt a total nerd in game. Argent Dawn EU Vanilla till current, with a few breaks in between. I remember we'd be laughing at those spamming "LFM" on trade chat. Very rare for me to not have a tank or healer available online. That was my own personal experience. Yours might have been different. Maybe you were one of those sitting in orgrimmar spamming "LFM" for hours. Who knows.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •