Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I just find it amusing all those people saying that Classic WoW will "bring back communication".

To me, that's like basically admitting you can't or don't want to communicate unless it's forced upon you.

You currently have all the tools to communicate in the game: guild chat, community chat, trade chat, party/raid/instance chat, general chat, as well as an in-game voice chat system.

All the communication tools are there. None were removed. On the contrary: more have been added as time went on.

If the players don't want to use those tools, that's on them, not on Blizzard. Please stop blaming Blizzard for something that is on the players' shoulders.

7+ Year Old Account
    Communication has never been lacking for me in any expansion, I did however start at the end of cata.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Retail's challenge is "move out of 5 different kinds of fire"

Vanilla's challenge is "actually do some math and research and think about your class, spec, abilities, consumes, raid composition, etc"
    Actually, more like:

Modern WoW's challenge is "keep in mind of your class' rotation and resources, as well as keep a close eye to the boss' abilities and timers. Keep your consumables in mind, as well."

Classic WoW's challenge is "find more people to fill up a 40-man raid, don't need to be particularly skilled. Don't need to worry too much about your nearly one-button rotation. The boss will die even with a third of the raid dead."

I can do that too, see?

You HAVE to communicate in Vanilla, even during questing.

GL soloing STV group quests, or any quest that requires "2 or more" unless you're a Lock/Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post

GL soloing STV group quests, or any quest that requires "2 or more" unless you're a Lock/Hunter.
    Then don't do group quests? They're not required to progress. You'll still have quests elsewhere in the zone to do, or in other zones. It's not like you'll have no quests anywhere else in the game until you finish those "group quests".

Sidenote here: were group quests actually marked as such in vanilla? I don't think they were, but I could be wrong.

Getting people in the zone to help do that quest wasn't hard even back then. STV was a PvP hotspot. It was one of the most populated zones. Just type "lf1m tiger" or whatever and you're done. You make it sound like this is any different than live servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

it already has...

why is this >1 page long?
    Last edited by Castration; 2019-05-27 at 08:46 PM.

No, you really don't. I was in my servers top guild(for PvE and PvP) and I didn't really communicate until the end of TBC.

During the stress test last week, I was walking around the starting areas with the full buffs possible for the classes available in the start zone. My warlock had might most of the time... and the imp did, too. People were having discussions in /1 about the locations of NPCs that they didn't remember and getting helpful answers. I was given a fishing pole because I forgot that there wasn't a vendor next to the pond with Elywnn's trainer and was going to walk back to town for one. I gave some cloth to someone in my guild (yes, I joined a random guild on a stress test) who was leveling tailoring. Ended the day taking pictures with people in Dolonaar. The whole vibe was "this is fun and I want to play with other people".

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    No, you really don't. I was in my servers top guild(for PvE and PvP) and I didn't really communicate until the end of TBC.
    lmao. That's absolute rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    Pug communication will be just the same it is now.
    Hopefully people will realize you need to play in a guild. I doubt they will though
    Pug communication will be alot different, maybe not at the start but people need to realise you got invited to places on reputation and it didnt matter if you were a God at the game back then if you were toxic people would still kick you and blocked1

lmao. That's absolute rubbish
    You obviously didn't play back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Do players have to do mythic+? No they can just join easy mods and finish game there. Nobady cares about artificial difficulty sliders for content what they have alredy done. There wont be any community if your game will have accessible content. Never. And yes even players whar do not want communicate should be forced becouse this is mmorpg and not some single player arpg.
    If that is your stance on this topic, then I am surprised you enjoy video games at all.
    "Easy mods" is not "finishing the game."

I wish they would remove those trivially easy difficulties as well, but it has nothing to do with this topic.
    Player communication is misrepresented by way too many people.

Talking is a function of inexperience.
    The more confident you are, the less there is to say.

The reason people think "communication" will be present in Classic is because everyone wants to go back to a day when they were noobs surrounding by bigger noobs.

If you want to communicate for social reasons, people will always do that in voice chat.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

You obviously didn't play back then.
    And neither did you.

Also I know Ion and I was in the TOP guild on every single server and solod all group quests as a Warrior

And neither did you.

Also I know Ion and I was in the TOP guild on every single server and solod all group quests as a Warrior
    What are you, like 9 years old?

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    If that is your stance on this topic, then I am surprised you enjoy video games at all.
    "Easy mods" is not "finishing the game."

I wish they would remove those trivially easy difficulties as well, but it has nothing to do with this topic.
    Player communication is misrepresented by way too many people.

The reason people think "communication" will be present in Classic is because everyone wants to go back to a day when they were noobs surrounding by bigger noobs.

If you want to communicate for social reasons, people will always do that in voice chat.
    Honestly, this should end the thread. Especially this:

I couldn't have put it any better.

And neither did you.
    I still have the original epic mount(the one before they reskinned it) and Blizzard sent me the statue(the one where you have to have been playing since the start). I can prove I played since day one through bank transactions.

Okay, you're obviously just a child lashing out at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    What are you, like 9 years old?
    I’m 11 so shut the fuck up

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, this should end the thread. Especially this:

I couldn't have put it any better.

I still have the original epic mount(the one before they reskinned it) and Blizzard sent me the statue(the one where you have to have been playing since the start). I can prove I played since day one through bank transactions.

Okay, you're obviously just a child lashing out at this point.

Im not denying the game was impossible without communication, just that most of the stuff labeled as group quests really required 2 or more people. You’re not going to find people on Classic without communication. Nowadays it’s open finder tab, hit request to join, get in, do you quest and leave. All without saying a single word.

Im not denying the game was impossible without communication, just that most of the stuff labeled as group quests really required 2 or more people. You’re not going to find people on Classic without communication. Nowadays it’s open finder tab, hit request to join, get in, do you quest and leave. All without saying a single word.
    Yeah, but that's not communication the way people seem to be saying. Saying "lf1m X" isn't the same as striking up a conversation. Live servers have minimal conversations right now, too. How do you think people find heroic raid groups to pug? Back in classic only one person went to town and looked for someone to fill a spot for quests/instances. I used to reply to them by just one word "me", and it was an instant invite and they checked gear and we went. I didn't have to say much at all. It's literally the same exact experience I have in live servers.

I can almost guarantee that you will add people to your friendslist before you hit level 30, no wait... lvl 20
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    I can almost guarantee that you will add people to your friendslist before you hit level 30, no wait... lvl 20
    This. I remember always being capped on my list. Do you know if they are making it so you can have battle.net friend list in classic?