Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The only difference there will be is repercussions.
    Without a queue tool and local realm communities, word gets around easier. Ninjas, assholes and such will be come known and possible avoided and blocked from groups.
    That's like the obvious thing. Not all, but at least the "better" groups.

But in your case if you're in a party and you're the one overpulling even accidentally or breaking the required cc even if it's accidental.
    Do that a couple of times and you'll surely be kicked. There will be words spoken, but if you keep making things more difficult than they need to be, even if you as healer can handle it. That's irrelevant. People want to do things quicker and faster. Cause let's face it a full BRD run will take enough time on it's own, no point prolonging it.
    No matter how cool the dungeon is. If they can do it in 4 hours, why put 5 hours in it..
    People want the challenge of classic, but there's no reason going iron man challenge it, unless you're just sadomasochistic.

What is there to do in such situation, report the group for the realm for kicking you?
    They might be asshats, but not that kind of asshats that won't get another group.

Will there be more lean way, probably since the replacement will be more work for the group.
    But doing something "wrong" will net you a warning and doing it again might or might not be a kick then and there.
    That's highly depending on who you're playing with and what kind of day they are having.
    It's still the internet, realm communities or not, anonymity is still a thing. Until your life is threatened it's all just a game.
    If they can handle a few bad words in trade chat about themselves, everybody will be an asshat at some point.
    Everyone has their breaking point. Play WoW for 14 years and you'll find yours.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2019-01-08 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
    Years ago my friend was a Warlock for a Uldaman Group. Details of the event are obscure today, but something happened and he was either kicked/left the group. A few minutes later, they reinvite him, apologize for being jerks, and let him in. They start clearing the dungeon when their "healer" left and they asked him to summon a new one. What they didn't tell him was that he was summoning his replacement. Their old healer was waiting outside of the dungeon. As soon as he summoned their friend, they kicked him, called him vulgar names, and started the dungeon without him.

Why am I telling you this story? Everyone has their opinions about group finder. It won't be a magical "cure-all" for social interaction. Jerk off players are going to be out there, they'll be vindictive, and when stories like yours and my buddy's occur. You're going to find that you've wasted significantly more time trying to do what you want because of trolls. Not going to say classic WoW, player communication, and no dungeon finder will be the "be all, end all". Do understand though, in your story you might've been kicked from the dungeon, but as a healer, you can requeue in dungeon finder and get regrouped quickly. In Classic WoW you've just wasted a good chunk of your time trying to do something for naught.
    100% this. I think a lot of people who never experienced classic are being severely mislead to how it actually was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Savagedragn View Post
    Exactly this.

I do believe it’s a common misconception that cell phones have suddenly made people stop talking to each other.
    People in general fucking hate people in general and always have. People keep a close circle of people they actually enjoy regular social interaction with, only difference between now and then was back then you were stuck with who lived near you.

I joined a group as healer last night. Got bumped off a ledge and accidentally made a few extra pulls, but healed through it and we survived. Quipped a few jokes, apologized, literally nothing from the other four players.

After a couple bosses I pulled some extra packs while we were clearing. Nobodies health was dropping, we were aoe dpsing anyway, and we were all sub 120. Still no issues clearing, but tank starts complaining and other dps start yelling at me and talking about how stupid I am, special needs, etc etc. Then I’m like “this is the first time you guys say anything and it’s this?” Some complaints about state of the game, and they kick me.

We were almost at the last boss at this point. The group knows they can easily pick up another healer from LFD. They don’t give two shits about my time lost missing out on the final bonus exp and it doesn’t hurt them at all.

Will we ACTUALLY get back to people communicating with each other in Classic?

Groups will be harder to form and replacements will take travel time not to mention just finding someone. These same people would probably have preferred to work it out with me instead of kicking. Hell, I didn’t pull anymore after they said stop. I was just discussing why I thought the extra pulls made sense and they kicked me...

You could argue that these people would never have grouped with me in the first place but forget that argument. Suppose they DID group with me and same scenario came up.

I think either Classic DOES bring back tighter community that’s more willing to engage meaningfully with each other or it ends up falling flat and becoming just another desolate playground for those happy to piddle around with original wow either solo or with a tight group of friends.
    Yes and no.

It will happen in classic but ONLY for the people who stay for long. In the first dungeons the game will still be full of terible players who won't last a month. So you'll see the same attitude you see in retail now except with more groups disbanding after 1 wipe. After classic has lost 90% of the starting playerbase, the remaining players will communicate in the way you are suggesting.

As for retail, it won't change.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Yes and no.

It will happen in classic but ONLY for the people who stay for long. In the first dungeons the game will still be full of terible players who won't last a month. So you'll see the same attitude you see in retail now except with more groups disbanding after 1 wipe. After classic has lost 90% of the starting playerbase, the remaining players will communicate in the way you are suggesting.

As for retail, it won't change.
    That is so true it will change after people leave since retail has done everything it can do to eleminate all communication to make the systems faster and more available at what I believe most of us see as a big price and a price that doesn't result in something positive

Quote Originally Posted by Rovsnegl View Post
    That is so true it will change after people leave since retail has done everything it can do to eleminate all communication to make the systems faster and more available at what I believe most of us see as a big price and a price that doesn't result in something positive
    True, yes. But lets not forget forming a group needs communication to start with. People are encouraged to speak in every phase of classic wow. Ofcourse you will find people that are silent, it happened back then so it will happen in 2019 as well. But its definitely needed.

Deleted
    If no one responds, it feels like I just talk to myself, so I just leave.

Classic WoW requires communication by design. People who don't communicate will have a really difficult time even questing. I know by experience, because I play on a private server time to time and i don't really communicate or play with what little community it has left which means questing is extremely tedious and difficult. If i were communicating with people I'd be flying through most issues.

I joined a group as healer last night. Got bumped off a ledge and accidentally made a few extra pulls, but healed through it and we survived. Quipped a few jokes, apologized, literally nothing from the other four players.

After a couple bosses I pulled some extra packs while we were clearing. Nobodies health was dropping, we were aoe dpsing anyway, and we were all sub 120. Still no issues clearing, but tank starts complaining and other dps start yelling at me and talking about how stupid I am, special needs, etc etc. Then I’m like “this is the first time you guys say anything and it’s this?” Some complaints about state of the game, and they kick me.

We were almost at the last boss at this point. The group knows they can easily pick up another healer from LFD. They don’t give two shits about my time lost missing out on the final bonus exp and it doesn’t hurt them at all.

Will we ACTUALLY get back to people communicating with each other in Classic?

Groups will be harder to form and replacements will take travel time not to mention just finding someone. These same people would probably have preferred to work it out with me instead of kicking. Hell, I didn’t pull anymore after they said stop. I was just discussing why I thought the extra pulls made sense and they kicked me...

You could argue that these people would never have grouped with me in the first place but forget that argument. Suppose they DID group with me and same scenario came up.

I think either Classic DOES bring back tighter community that’s more willing to engage meaningfully with each other or it ends up falling flat and becoming just another desolate playground for those happy to piddle around with original wow either solo or with a tight group of friends.
    Not communication, but probably *preparation* will be better. Right now it doesn't take you long to get to 120, get some ilvl and start clearing mythic dungeons. So people expect you to at least know the strats, know your class and be a decent person ( gameplay wise ). I've met a ton of ppl who leveled up their character for the lols and despite having high ilvl or whatever - they don't know anything about their own class. They will do fine doing some easy content ( heroic dungeons, normal raids or lfr, pet battles ) but once they step and try to do something harder, without preparing - they mess things up for ppl who actually care about it.

Classic servers - you will need time to lvl you char up, getting to a dungeon will take time, farming will take time. And of course if you get picked up for a dungeon - people will think twice before replacing you, just because there won't be ton of ppl around. Despite mistakes you make or shit you do - they will try to aid you and explain what needs to be done.

Forced communication to be precise.

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    1) its FREE
    "People are only playing vanilla because it's free olololol!!"

Then why are they playing vanilla wow instead of minecraft or fortnite or any other of the 100,000+ "free" games available right now?

Still repeating old arguments that have been debunked thousands of times already.

I expect a discord server or guilds to be the way alot of people will find groups at least at the higher end

Quote Originally Posted by White Goodman View Post
    If no one responds, it feels like I just talk to myself, so I just leave.
    We love you.

Quote Originally Posted by drivec View Post
    I expect a discord server or guilds to be the way alot of people will find groups at least at the higher end
    I anticipate this being the case as well.

I'm willing to bet comunication in groups will gradualy improve as time rolls on and the people who like classic stick around and the people that were just there for the initial hype move out. First week deadmines runs are going to be a shit show. 1/5 groups aren't even going to make it down to the front door of the instance let alone be able to finish it. Unfortuantely I think half of the community is just going to write this off as playing whith a "bunch of noobs" instead of correctly identifing the issue as being a complete failure to communicate with eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    1/5 groups aren't even going to make it down to the front door of the instance let alone be able to finish it. Unfortuantely I think half of the community is just going to write this off as playing whith a "bunch of noobs" instead of correctly identifing the issue as being a complete failure to communicate with eachother.
    You underestimate players.

Anyone that has played WoW has a basic understanding of the game (yes, even people who just played recent WoW expansions), anyone that has made it to level 18 on Vanilla should have gotten the basic gist of it and adapted to it to some degree.
    Yeah, some people might struggle with aggro and whatnot, but at the end of day DM is not that dangerous that losing aggro means you are going to wipe, even a rogue can tank a elite mob as long as there's a healer in the back.
    It's just going to piss off the regular bunch of perfectionist tanks that start to rage whenever they feel like they're not in full control.

Vanilla is only going to be on hard for people that refuse to adapt at all, pull three mobs, die, try again, you get it, but those people most likely won't make past their starting zone as Vanilla bores them.

In my opinion, a good chunk of player "communication" will consist of people constantly pointing out that this Vanilla and not BfA, like:
    "Lfm Hogger"
    "Well on live you could solo him!"
    "This is not live, this is Vanilla, so awesome we need group up to kill him!"

"Oom"
    "Ah oom, never heard that on live"

Honestly, i'd wager that if you'd make a drinking game out of it and chugged any sort of alcoholic beverage whenever someone in /1 /2 /4 or party chat writes some sort of variation of "This is Classic / Vanilla!" or some shit, you are going to be perma drunk.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-01-08 at 11:12 PM.

The reason people communicated in pugs in Vanilla wasn't due to some magical Vanilla factor. If you didn't communicate you died/failed. This will obviously come back if the difficulty levels demand it...on good and bad.

If you want general chat during runs, get a guild group together and make sure it is a small guild. It did not happen often in Classic and will not this time around either.

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post

At the end of vanilla, I cleaned BWL (or almost) in a pug group with my alt (soon to be main in BC) hunter
    I remember having some retards on my guild, or people without TS (girls...) ect. We still cleared everything until emperor (then I switched guild)

Please tell me what is hard about bwl/mc :/ Vael is harder because you need some stuff (and tries are limited, if I remember right) but thats all
    I don't remember BWL pug, but probably because I wasn't really looking into them and my memory is failing me. During the holiday of 2006/2007, I joined a Naxx guild pug since my guild was taking time off. It was made of people with Naxx experience and very good gear, but we did clear 11/15 over the course of 3 nights. For at least half the raid, it was the first time they made it that far and we had to explain a lot of the fights and wipe a couple times on certain bosses.

Just to tell you that when you removed the garbage from your raid back in vanilla, you could clear the content without much trouble. With nowadays quality of player and mentality? I don't see how pugging raids cannot be done on a larger scale.

I'm probably not the only one who had 10-15 useless people in their guild back then that was making progression 10 times as hard.

I don't speak unless there is a reason to or I am drunk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Community will stay the same

10+ Year Old Account
    yes to an extent, after leveling 1-60 players are usually on board with the whole actually talking to ur part. it's quite different to todays leveling where you can do it all in LFG.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I don't speak unless there is a reason to or I am drunk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    So you’re drunk right now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Community will stay the same

Uh huh. Interesting point. And how will the game being different impact the way the community engages with each other?