Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
18
... LastLast
  1. #141
    I don't speak unless there is a reason to or I am drunk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill yourself -updated 3/7/2020

  2. #142
    Community will stay the same

  3. #143
    Dreadlord Mulled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    777
    yes to an extent, after leveling 1-60 players are usually on board with the whole actually talking to ur part. it's quite different to todays leveling where you can do it all in LFG.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I don't speak unless there is a reason to or I am drunk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    So you’re drunk right now?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Community will stay the same

    Uh huh. Interesting point. And how will the game being different impact the way the community engages with each other?

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Savagedragn View Post
    So you’re drunk right now?

    - - - Updated - - -




    Uh huh. Interesting point. And how will the game being different impact the way the community engages with each other?
    Sounds like you're saying the same as me.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Savagedragn View Post
    So you’re drunk right now?
    In game. /10budligh--Imeanchars
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill yourself -updated 3/7/2020

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Sounds like you're saying the same as me.
    Actually I’m asking you a legit question. Is your point that the game is not different? That the differences in the game will not cause the community of people playing the game to behave any diffeeently than they do in retail? I’m asking if you could expand on whatever point you have to make instead of just a statement =)

  8. #148
    People will communicate in Classic because they have to.
    They have to if they want to do certain quests with elite mobs etc

    Some buildings full of mobs are also easier with a group.

    In terms of dungeons i THINK people will be more tolerable because no one wants to wait extra 30min to find a new guy for the group.

  9. #149
    Well see there was a time like when it WAS HARD. and it took HOURS and the casual nooblets just ruined it stuff...DS really through it in even more with raidfinder...you have someone that will just que and not know jack about the fight and just try to do it and get carried through it.

    The casuals killed the game man I swear to god lol...not how it works you don't get gear for 0 effort lol

  10. #150
    Necessarily as Vanilla/TBC demanded player communication and socialization by game design and players that don't want this won't play Classic or not for long because you will quickly run out of solo content and hit a wall. Just have a look at private server communities that are usually very lively and doing well, at least from my experience.


    (This is assuming they won't do any drastic changes for Classic.)
    Last edited by chooi; 2019-01-14 at 04:07 AM.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Community will stay the same
    You're either blind or ignorant or both if you think the communities will be the same.

    In retail, you can be a complete jackass with no recourse because you're playing with random people from other servers that you will never see ever again after the run ends. You can be a horrible player and suffer 0 consequences beyond being removed from the group...in which you can just hop right back in the queue / group finder and join another random group.

    In vanilla, if you're an asshole, or really bad at the game, you WILL become infamous on your server and people WILL refuse to invite you because they heard from others how much of a douchefuck / awful player you are. Server reputation is a thing, even on large private servers with tens of thousands of active players.

    There's also the loot-whoring mentality retail has fostered by showering players with epics at every turn...yeah, in vanilla, if you expect to gear up quickly, you're in for a horribly rude awakening. Since vanilla is such a large time investment, lots of guilds use loot council systems to spread gear out to who needs it the most, and who will use it best to benefit the raid as a whole, with really the only exception being the main tank (usually the guild master or high ranking officer) getting the best tank loot first, since gearing up your MT is incredibly important.

    As someone who played retail and private servers, I can tell you their communities are night and day.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2019-01-14 at 04:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    LFR saved raiding
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    LFR is not really easy. I would say it's a lot harder thant Mythic Dungeons
    get_a_load_of_this_guy_cam.jpg

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    People will communicate in Classic because they have to.
    This is what many people are seemingly missing.

    Most Human beings by their very nature tend to only do what's required of them and nothing more. Old school vanilla wow required communication and community, they were mandatory for playing the game properly, so people did them.

    Modern retail WoW makes communication and community optional, and most people choose not to participate.

    Anyone who goes into Vanilla and tries to just do their own thing without talking to anyone or forming any bonds will be able to accomplish nothing and will either quit or adjust.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Anyone who goes into Vanilla and tries to just do their own thing without talking to anyone or forming any bonds will be able to accomplish nothing and will either quit or adjust.
    Oh please, this is just one of those massive exaggerations going rampant in this thread.

    You don't need communicate to move forward, you could level from 1 to 60 without talking to someone besides "inv" or "+ / -" as a sign of (dis)agreement (which i think hardly qualifies as communication in my book), even those are entirely optional if you want to pass up on Instances / Elite quests (which you can if you don't mind grinding or taking extra routes).

    Take your 40man raid, unless you're one of the officers / leaders, you don't have to talk, it would be stupid anyway with if like a two digit number of people start talking.
    Most people log on, get invited, do their Hps / Dps, log off, depending on the loot system the communication generally also goes towards the bare minimum unless it is "who can whine the loudest about not getting any loot".
    Rule of thumb, if you are doing your job, no one will bother you.

    Even if you want to argue that getting into a guild requires communication, which is true, that also can be seriously reduced, stand in Org / IF with good crafted gear on a decent class / spec (not some dps hybrid stuff) you'll get whispers from people naturally, because they'll be looking for people to improve their roster.

    Once you're in, as elaborated above, actual communication is not that mandatory anymore.

    If you want to pass up on raiding entirely because you want to avoid other people communicating with eachother, you can still look towards profession, farm yourself stuff, craft some shit, sell it, just make gold in general.
    You could buy tons of solid BoE / craftable stuff off the auction house.

    The only thing that seriously relies on communication and grouping up with other people: PvP.
    That is probably still true to this day (albeit less), connections rule the PvP world, without connection to solid players, your chances to climbing rating are rather slim.
    You need that one guy that brings you in to meet other good pvp'ers which in turn might recognize you down the line.

    Unless you have something really to show for, you're not getting into decent PvP groups on your own.


    The MMO fanbase is at this simply rather contradictory, on the one side people play an MMO to group up with other people, on the other hand some people try to avoid contact with other people unless neccessary.

    Communication sometimes just happened because you sometimes spent less time playing the game and wait for shit, if you took a flight from Org to Silithus, you might as well chat with your guild (because it took like 10-15minutes), now you take a Portal and do that what you actually wanted to do.
    Same story with meeting people at the boat / Zepelin, you might start chatting simply because you "happen to meet" (It's not like you have anything better to do while waiting for the Zepelin / Boat and trying to fake AFK seems also stupid), whereas now, Portals, Portals, Portals!
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-01-15 at 04:55 PM.

  14. #154
    Dreadlord Alkizon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Strasbourg
    Posts
    983

    Smile

    Togabito
    People will communicate in Classic because they have to.
    They have to if they want to do certain quests with elite mobs etc

    Some buildings full of mobs are also easier with a group.

    In terms of dungeons i THINK people will be more tolerable because no one wants to wait extra 30min to find a new guy for the group.
    ^ this. Dosn't metter if
    Stormwolf64
    Community will stay the same
    but conditions only matters (even if community will remain "same", it's just their behavior will change ). Of course, this doesn't happen immediately, but people will adapt. It has always been and always will be: people (mechanisms' regulation rules) don't change, they always adapt or die

    ~ people won't change, but only be forced to adjust their behavior in order to be successful within established system (this, by the way, doesn't negate their ability to create groups with alternative survival philosophy, the only question is how long they'd can stabile survive)

    Naturally, hype around Classic and its “survival conditions” may help a little in favorable outcome, but everything will depend on how much devs succeed in authenticating experience = playing conditions. All conversations and work will be empty without them. Moreover, these aren't just loud words, because even such trifle as chat moderation rules (you can decide only for yourself and shouldn't for others) can be important, since is main mechanism of communication = valid condition (illogical/cheat-able/brutal conditions leads to desire for attackers to take advantage of them, and - to avoid of using for respectable people).
    Kralljin
    Communication sometimes just happened
    Well, it doesn't refute expressed views, rather complements them. I don't see much controversy, only that someone felt need (=demand) for communication (couldn't find it with decent eng subs, sorry) so it just has happened. Secondary cause isn't important here, conditions have contributed to this.

    Something like that... yeap. Kind of continuation Here.


    Also from here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    There shouldn't be any world layers associated with individual character progress, server is united and only measure of progress... just NONE. Therefore, "phased" parts basis world organization (and here I'm talking not about it only, but about all similar mechanics) is unacceptable, it doesn’t matter if it’s “bronze dragons time travel help” or some other nonsense, people are obliged to see each other being within same territory except for intervenes directly by lore's supported mechanics (abilities/magic/other demensions), or it had to be instances' content - scenarios. It was in this way how competitive spirit "between servers" (it's hard for guilds, of course, since beta testing advantage, but it posible for open world progression - where each participant contribution is important) was achieved, and it makes no sense to pay attention to "defectors" if process of "run-away" itself is as difficult as possible (almost impossible, very expensive, has certain substantial penalties in terms of time and amount of allowed taken junk)... but now they have CRZ, microtransactions with tokens, phasing, shards and other rubbish, with which they help themselves to close their eyes to all real problems associated with current "accounts" activity.
    There should be no possibility to exit, otherwise whole essence of community is lost (this isn't session bull$hit, we're talking about long-term cohabitation) - need for mutual constantly adaptation (individual or collective, but adaptation). Possibility of easy (CRZ&Co stuff) or uncontrolled (automatic) runaway/escape devalues ​​decision made ⇒ choice ⇒ serious attitude to it ⇒ need to make such choice and to at least somehow associate yourself with concept of social adaptation in closed group, and it means that you don't get formation of similar experience, skills, learning ⇒ changes all your subsequent behavior as part of a team (same stuff true for wPvP events)... etc. So, same fundamental mistake turns WM (same as CR-LFR(G)-alike stuff), into absolutely useless piece of $hit in social sense.
    (this, however, doesn't negate their additional silly consequences for game design as a whole, but complements them very much).
    They didn't listen us, so - consequences.

    Some words about patch-balance mechanics here and about automation here.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-11-29 at 08:23 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

    __---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

  15. #155
    Bloodsail Admiral Leodric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    1,020
    I think it will change compared to retail. Playing on certain servers in 2017 it was lot's of communication beginning from the dead mine instance already until raiding. I loved it and can only imagine the game being better with a tighter community and all people able to speak the same language.

  16. #156
    Yes im sure but im not sure the good behavior will back. Community is pretty toxic now. If you join party from random dungeon no one speak on chat until you or someone made mistake. Not always but mostly. People want to blame against others than just talk to each other say "Hi" or smth. In vanilla it was standard to talk in a party. Talk about tactic, cc items, bosses, loot or whatever about football :P The LFD/LFR tool isnt that big problem about communication. Its more about dungeons in it self. You just dont have to talk to each other to finish it. Now you enter duneon and zerg it quick without any special tactic or CC. Who use CC in dungeons this days? Try to finish BRD without communication and CC in vanilla or LBRS.
    Last edited by czarek; 2019-01-18 at 06:49 AM.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    In vanilla, if you're an asshole, or really bad at the game, you WILL become infamous on your server and people WILL refuse to invite you because they heard from others how much of a douchefuck / awful player you are. Server reputation is a thing, even on large private servers with tens of thousands of active players.
    I doubt it. Public shaming is prohibited and those who would try to publicly shaming other players on official forums or in-game public chats, will be banned. You could use discord, but very few players would use it. I played since TBC and have no idea what are you talking about, I never ignored anyone because someone wrote something. I played on private server and did not see anything about it. Huge server is like retail, there are hundreds players around you and you won't remember anyone. Classic is likely to launch huge servers with sharding and dynamic spawns, you won't get your beloved server community consisting of 3 guilds.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Who use CC in dungeons this days?
    Like, everyone? Did you even try to finish a single +10? Ghuun affix is pretty much requires CC.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post


    Like, everyone? Did you even try to finish a single +10? Ghuun affix is pretty much requires CC.
    On mythic+ ye but i mean NORMAL. In vanilla you cant even finish lvling dungeons without CC. In TBC also.

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    I doubt it. Public shaming is prohibited and those who would try to publicly shaming other players on official forums or in-game public chats, will be banned. You could use discord, but very few players would use it. I played since TBC and have no idea what are you talking about, I never ignored anyone because someone wrote something. I played on private server and did not see anything about it. Huge server is like retail, there are hundreds players around you and you won't remember anyone. Classic is likely to launch huge servers with sharding and dynamic spawns, you won't get your beloved server community consisting of 3 guilds.

    - - - Updated - - -
    Anon is right. Players were routinely ostracized publicly in-game or official forums from their server if they garnered a poor reputation from their actions; ninja looting, unreliable at group/guild commitments, same faction griefing, and other repeated/unredeemed behavior, and even sometimes the inability to not consistently be the weakest link. Absolutely zero of that was against the rules, and absolutely no one was ever banned from creating advertisements letting other players know about these individuals - that it was in everyones best interest to be wary of them. To a lessened effect and much limited scope (communities more or less gone), this method of giving other players awareness of poor behavior/whatever through the official channels still exists today, with no penalty to those spreading the awareness.

    You couldn't be any more wrong about this. At best, there may have been times where Blizzard may have closed a thread that went from awareness to harassment, but no one has ever been banned for tipping off their server community.
    Last edited by evogsr; 2019-01-18 at 08:00 PM.
    Noob Blocker share link - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fgD...ew?usp=sharing

    I am not the original author of this addon.

  20. #160
    no because communication in classic was bs as well. i played around 6-8 months after it dropped and i barely spoke to anyone from 1-60.....just did it mostly by myself

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    On mythic+ ye but i mean NORMAL. In vanilla you cant even finish lvling dungeons without CC. In TBC also.
    no true at all....you can def get along without saying a word because once people learn how to do it all or they outgear it

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by evogsr View Post
    Anon is right. Players were routinely ostracized publicly in-game or official forums from their server if they garnered a poor reputation from their actions; ninja looting, unreliable at group/guild commitments, same faction griefing, and other repeated/unredeemed behavior, and even sometimes the inability to not consistently be the weakest link. Absolutely zero of that was against the rules, and absolutely no one was ever banned from creating advertisements letting other players know about these individuals - that it was in everyones best interest to be wary of them. To a lessened effect and much limited scope (communities more or less gone), this method of giving other players awareness of poor behavior/whatever through the official channels still exists today, with no penalty to those spreading the awareness.

    You couldn't be any more wrong about this. At best, there may have been times where Blizzard may have closed a thread that went from awareness to harassment, but no one has ever been banned for tipping off their server community.
    pffft idk what server you played on but servers i played on we just called those the top players on the server lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •