Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think CR ruined the communications that you're talking about.
    It isn't just how people communicated in groups during the dungeons, it's how people communicated in general on the server.

Sure there were assholes, but as it is in real life; if you have a particular skill and no one else is available, we're forced to go with the asshole and that was part of the spirit. The ninja looting, no skills assholes you could shame out in /2 and I liked that too. Your name and reputation meant something and you could become someone if you put in the time. I'm not saying everyone knew everyone and assholes didn't exist because we brought them to justice, but I felt that there was a general consensus that you had to play with these people or start over, so better get the best of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Maybe I am really old school, but I am not playing RPG games for gear or items. Better items are just means to get further. There are games, which I am playing for better gear.. Looter shooters and ARPGs, but gear in these games is much more interesting, so it does make sense. Also these games are, most of the time, packed with character customization, so you can try many different things and builds.. WoW offers boring itemization and almost zero customization at this point. So, i don't see a point to just grind more mythic difficulties for..more boring gear.
    It depends on how deep you dive into it, there is customization but lost of the player base totally ignores it,.
    One good example I can take is convergence of fate on elisande. The best trinket from fury warrior trough Legion, even during antorus there where players going back to nighthold becouse the standard 905 one was far superior of antorus trinket at 945.

Even know I have probably run Waycrest manor on 10 at least two times at day since season 2 came out becouse the trinket is so good for fury in certain build

Quote Originally Posted by Murthag View Post
    In fact all the nerf/hot fixes comes for mythic hardly for the other difficulties becouse they are already tuned by removing certain part of the fight.

And again I don't understand it, who cares if the guy next to me have that item I wear, mine is way stronger becouse I acquired it playing the difficulty the designer thinked it to be played in its complete state. There is only one difficulty that it's relevant, I don't see world first races for LFR/Normal/Heroic.

The problem with the community atm is that they lack to understand this that you beat the game only if you get CE
    Thats not problem with community thats problem with game and its terrible end game desing. Why we went from challenging open megadungeons what where there are pre raid progression to corridor rush dungeons with timers? It is so **** boring this stupid compettive aspect of dungeons and raids what completly ignores fundamental core features of proper mmorpg games. And people simply miss this type of mmo content. Sure classic content is outdate but thats all we have. Retail wont be changed to be closer to this type of experience. We players give up on hope retail will ever change its direction. Ofc i would rather have current game to get better but we all know that this wont ever happen so we have to settle with classic.

8.2 have mega dungeon but we all know that mythic difficulty wont be anywhere close to challengin just like with Karazhan and Blizzard will butcher that duneon for mythic+ next patch anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Thats not problem with community thats problem with game and its terrible end game desing. Why we went from challenging open megadungeons what where there are pre raid progression to corridor rush dungeons with timers? It is so **** boring this stupid compettive aspect of dungeons and raids what completly ignores fundamental core features of proper mmorpg games. And people simply miss this type of mmo content. Sure classic content is outdate but thats all we have. Retail wont be changed to be closer to this type of experience. We players give up on hope retail will ever change its direction. Ofc i would rather have current game to get better but we all know that this wont ever happen so we have to settle with classic.

8.2 have mega dungeon but we all know that mythic difficulty wont be anywhere close to challengin just like with Karazhan and Blizzard will butcher that duneon for mythic+ next patch anyway.
    It's the community, becouse the game does not force you to play LFR for example. All you need to do as a fresh player is joining an hc guild, get some good logs and join a mythic one that push up to CE.

The game is still challenging as it was 15 years ago is just the community that fails to understand it and they should focus on progressing on the real relevant one as they did back then and not using straw arguments like "its the same just harder" or other excuses. There is plenty of challenge if you want the people that is lazy

The game is still challenging as it was 15 years ago is just the community that fails to understand it and they should focus on progressing on the real relevant one as they did back then and not using straw arguments like "its the same just harder" or other excuses. There is plenty of challenge if you want the people that is lazy
    Retail's challenge is "move out of 5 different kinds of fire"

Vanilla's challenge is "actually do some math and research and think about your class, spec, abilities, consumes, raid composition, etc"
    Last edited by anon5123; 2019-05-26 at 05:26 PM.

In beta the amount of communication and interaction is already much higher. There are people sitting in Brill leveling their tailoring making bags and low lvl armor and selling them for silver or trading for mats. It was so refreshing to see this happen as players come back together in commerce in the small quest hubs instead of just the AH.

People using chat to form groups again also brings a smile to my face. No more anonymous grouping of people doing dungeons who don't ever speak to each other. Designing the game for convenience has destroyed part of what makes an mmo great, the feeling that you are an actual person in that world and not blasting through a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Savagedragn View Post
    Did you play Vanilla? It was like that for me too. I played since day 1 and it was like that for me on my server: Azjol-Nerub

Not a mega server, but none of the day one servers were absolute baby servers. You knew who the epic PvP people were on both sides. You checked names at the start of a battle ground. You recognize names of people in chat that aren’t part of your guild. You know who guild leaders are of top guilds on your server, etc etc.

The conveniences of modern wow have moved us away from much of this. I’m curious how much Classic will be able to grab hold of that bottled lightning again or dissipate like most lightning =)

I was on Azjol-Alliance side hunter (kid) in undecided What was your side and guild

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Retail's challenge is "move out of 5 different kinds of fire"

Vanilla's challenge is "actually do some math and research and think about your class, spec, abilities, consumes, raid composition, etc"
    https://raider.io/guilds/eu/draenor/Pieces. Look at the raid composition is seems they di their mat on class stacking ecc. So they did the math otherwise they would have taken world first

Why there is always someone of the "veteran" like you that have to reply without even having a little of information regard of how really is playing competitive? Why you have to judge the current state of the game by the most trivial content that is irrilevant?
    Last edited by Murthag; 2019-05-26 at 06:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Communication is not required as much as you hope it to be. A pst to get into a group. The odd 'ok' to acknowledge you understand and you are done. Seems like the same communication needed for all pug content in retail. What is this mystical communication needed in classic?
    Because there's a lot more quests that you physically are unable to do at the right level unless you're a pet class.
    Good luck getting the Whirlwind axe without a group, and due to the game pacing it inherently sets a better foundation to actually communicate with people.

I did a metric ton of M+ back in Legion because I enjoyed the content, but no one ever uttered a single word at all outside of "YOU'RE FUCKING SHIT NOOB CUNT CYKA" if someone made a single mistake.

Why you have to judge the current state of the game by the most trivial content that is irrilevant?
    Because 95% of the content in the game is trivial and irrelevant

lol

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Because 95% of the content in the game is trivial and irrelevant

lol
    As it was back then

The you can't judge it, the relevant content is mythic with is in always in good shape, instead you do some LFR without going deep in the sistem ans claim game is S45it.
    So please first inform yourself then judgde

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    Can't wait for vanilla community back! no toxic, no twitch chat emote spamming and more mature behavior, I prefer 2004 age community thats why I'll play classic too.
    Only thing why I might play classic occasionally.

My only concern is that the beta was a carefully selected pool of players, mostly people with accounts dating back to Vanilla. These people actually experienced WoW in its golden days and want to recreate that experience. What happens when they open the floodgates and the game gets swamped by retailers? If they bring their toxic attitudes and behaviours with them it could ruin the social aspect of Classic.

As it was back then

The you can't judge it, the relevant content is mythic with is in always in good shape, instead you do some LFR without going deep in the sistem ans claim game is S45it.
    So please first inform yourself then judgde
    No it isnt. Tell me why should i do mythic when i alredy cleared that content in LFR hmmm? For lulz? And i have done lot of hardcore raiding in TBC till MOP. Doing higher difficulty levels is waste od time right now. I alredy saw content and 15 itemlvl for 1000% more effort? No thanks. I used to raid to see content and get epic gear. I can see content in LFR i can get good epic gear by facerolling world quests. There is nothing absolutly nothing worth as reward for doing any sort of raiding.
    Last edited by Elias01; 2019-05-27 at 09:24 AM.

Yes you did. Thats what players like you dont get. Majority of people consider it as finished game. Nobady cares about titles you can earn them next patch or expansio. Nobady cares about mounts you can earn them next patch, buy boost, or farm next expansion. Not mentioning most people have 300+ mounts anyway so another new mount no matter how good looking is really isnt that fun reward. Achievements again nobady cares about some filled bars what nobady can see without putting effort into inspecting someone. In classic you can actualy instanly tell what progression player done by just looking at their gear.

New difficutly isnt new content it is same content but harder and iniciative to actualy do harder content isnt there at all. Classic is far more appealing and far more fun to participate in different types of content exactly for that fact there are no difficulty levels. It is far more fun complete Wailing Cavers than Wailing Caverns +1,+2,+3 etc...
    And i am not metioning how fragmented community is becouse of this.

You can say how is moder game harder becouse of mythic +10 or mythic raiding. Fact that you have to use difficulty slider type of excuse to defend retail content only proves its in horrible state. No matter what you say. As long as moder wow will have easy mods it never will be harder than classic becouse game difficulty is determined by lowest possible difficutly.

There is so many games what are pretty hard on hard difficulty yet only about 1 it is said all the time. Darks Souls. Even when some games can be harder on hardest difficulty level DS will be alwers mentioned as number 1, becouse it has no easy mod. You do 1 set difficulty or you wont finish game. And thats how it should be.
    Hahahaha. What absolute dribble. I agree, people who have played backyard football have absolutely won the Superbowl/Champion's League. Anyone who has ever shot a 2-point shot has won the playoffs. Anyone with a retail job has been a CEO.

I bet life is brilliant in your mind, when you can justify never actually trying at anything because as long as you can do the absolute bare minimum, you've done everything there is to do. There is literally only one reason that someone would think the way you do, and that's because they're absolutely fucking terrified of finding how just how mediocre they are if they ever have to do something challenging. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    Can't wait for vanilla community back! no toxic, no twitch chat emote spamming and more mature behavior, I prefer 2004 age community thats why I'll play classic too.

Anyone who thinks this is actually going to happen is dreaming. Classic isn't a time machine. Online communities have irreversibly changed since 2004 and if you believe that Classic is not going to be overwhelmed with streamers and their obsessive legion of 14 year old fans spamming "pepega" and "4head" at every turn you are kidding yourself.
    Last edited by Nzx; 2019-05-27 at 09:36 AM.

Well, times have changed so we cannot really say. However, dungeons and activities in vanilla, in general, push people towards communication. That might affect how people interact. Also, there are benefits in being nice to the others in your group. You might be added as friend and called back again. You don't need to do much. Just not being a total anti-social basement dweller would be enough (Not to you OP I mean in general). I never had an issue finding a group before lfg either through friends or guilds. I only joined a guild in late TBC but I had a number of reliable players I added to my friendlist the previous years. I am sure not wanting to be blacklisted as "yet another awkward neckbeard" will stop SOME people from being completely toxic.

No it isnt. Tell me why should i do mythic when i alredy cleared that content in LFR hmmm? For lulz? And i have done lot of hardcore raiding in TBC till MOP. Doing higher difficulty levels is waste od time right now. I alredy saw content and 15 itemlvl for 1000% more effort? No thanks. I used to raid to see content and get epic gear. I can see content in LFR i can get good epic gear by facerolling world quests. There is nothing absolutly nothing worth as reward for doing any sort of raiding.
    As I sai LFR is irrilevant, becouse the encounters in LFR lacks major mechanics present in the fight, and as a result the reward is lower compered to mythic, which is the difficulty where encounters are designed for.

So no this is the same slimmrey slope argument that you "vetars" use to defend yourself while you have no argument to the subject

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Classic isn't a time machine. Online communities have irreversibly changed since 2004 and if you believe that Classic is not going to be overwhelmed with streamers and their obsessive legion of 14 year old fans spamming "pepega" and "4head" at every turn you are kidding yourself.
    The beta is already full of it. The elitism from some people in low level dungeons like Deadmines is astounding. It's a beta ffs. Just take a chill pill and have fun.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

As I sai LFR is irrilevant, becouse the encounters in LFR lacks major mechanics present in the fight, and as a result the reward is lower compered to mythic, which is the difficulty where encounters are designed for.

So no this is the same slimmrey slope argument that you "vetars" use to defend yourself while you have no argument to the subject
    If he doesn't care for the mechanics of the fight, and is more interested in the dungeon level, enemies, what bosses are and do, the story and general lore, his point it still valid.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    My only concern is that the beta was a carefully selected pool of players, mostly people with accounts dating back to Vanilla. These people actually experienced WoW in its golden days and want to recreate that experience. What happens when they open the floodgates and the game gets swamped by retailers? If they bring their toxic attitudes and behaviours with them it could ruin the social aspect of Classic.
    I strongly believe anyone interested in the fast pacing elements of retail will not be interested in classic wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    The beta is already full of it. The elitism from some people in low level dungeons like Deadmines is astounding. It's a beta ffs. Just take a chill pill and have fun.
    I'm guessing that will tone down once the game is available to all.