Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    The beta is already full of it. The elitism from some people in low level dungeons like Deadmines is astounding. It's a beta ffs. Just take a chill pill and have fun.
    It's not even surprising though when you consider the state of it on forums like these. Every second comment is spamming about how "easy" retail is and how much more complex and difficulty Classic is, when that's just objectively not true. People have contorted themselves into believing that completing LFR is equal to finishing the game when in reality that's equivalent to getting to level 60 in Vanilla.

They've shifted the goalposts so far and the arguments are so absurd that it's barely even worth commenting on. Six months (max) after Classic launches there are going to be threads left right and centre about how Classic "desperately" needs the LFG and LFR tools, how "terrible" 40-man raid loot distribution is, how it's "impossible" to gear any characters, how "unfriendly" the game is to alts - some people just don't understand that sometimes, you don't like something, and that's okay, but you shouldn't try and force it to be changed so that you like it, you should go and try something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankabbot View Post
    I'm guessing that will tone down once the game is available to all.
    What on Earth gives you that idea? Classic doesn't exist in some kind of vacuum where it's immune to internet subculture. It's not some magical safe-space where no one will ever meme all over every single chat channel. It's not some sheltered haven where raider.io, wowprogress and item levels don't exist and everyone gets groups entirely based on telling the group leader they "can definitely do BWL". The only reason Classic might have slightly less of any of that is because it will be vastly less populated than most new-release games and retail WoW itself.
    Last edited by Nzx; 2019-05-27 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    It's not even surprising though when you consider the state of it on forums like these. Every second comment is spamming about how "easy" retail is and how much more complex and difficulty Classic is, when that's just objectively not true. People have contorted themselves into believing that completing LFR is equal to finishing the game when in reality that's equivalent to getting to level 60 in Vanilla.

They've shifted the goalposts so far and the arguments are so absurd that it's barely even worth commenting on. Six months (max) after Classic launches there are going to be threads left right and centre about how Classic "desperately" needs the LFG and LFR tools, how "terrible" 40-man raid loot distribution is, how it's "impossible" to gear any characters, how "unfriendly" the game is to alts - some people just don't understand that sometimes, you don't like something, and that's okay, but you shouldn't try and force it to be changed so that you like it, you should go and try something else.

What on Earth gives you that idea? Classic doesn't exist in some kind of vacuum where it's immune to internet subculture. It's not some magical safe-space where no one will ever meme all over every single chat channel. It's not some sheltered haven where raider.io, wowprogress and item levels don't exist and everyone gets groups entirely based on telling the group leader they "can definitely do BWL". The only reason Classic might have slightly less of any of that is because it will be vastly less populated than most new-release games and retail WoW itself.
    Mainly because of beta working off invitation only. People actually playing beta now are not an exact representation of your everyday gamer. Not sure about raiding. My guess is most people will approach classic in somewhat of a casual way.

Mainly because of beta working off invitation only. People actually playing beta now are not an exact representation of your everyday gamer. Not sure about raiding. My guess is most people will approach classic in somewhat of a casual way.
    But you don't have any idea what the invitation criteria were? Obviously streamers got invited, but it's not like they went out of their way to give beta keys to content creators to give out like they have in the past, so there's no real grounds to suggest that people who were invited to the beta are any more or less toxic than the average person. If the average Classic player is anything like the average Classic fan on MMOC though, I think you're in for a wild ride of absolute garbage in the community, at least in the short-term.

But you don't have any idea what the invitation criteria were? Obviously streamers got invited, but it's not like they went out of their way to give beta keys to content creators to give out like they have in the past, so there's no real grounds to suggest that people who were invited to the beta are any more or less toxic than the average person. If the average Classic player is anything like the average Classic fan on MMOC though, I think you're in for a wild ride of absolute garbage in the community, at least in the short-term.
    Yeah I don't know. It's a fresh start though. Rude people will be left behind, constructive people will have more friends and group more often.

Hahahaha. What absolute dribble. I agree,
    Interesting. If nothing else, at least i laughed.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I don't know. It's a fresh start though. Rude people will be left behind, constructive people will have more friends and group more often.
    Never has been and never will be the case. No one has ever been able to provide a real example of this occuring other than "dude, trust me, i totally played vanilla and if you made a SINGLE rude comment in any of my groups, i hunted you down and made sure you never got a guild or group EVER again"

Followed by the actual vanilla players explaining that no, that is not how it ever worked. And it still doesnt.

- - - Updated - - -

X doubt.

Provide ANY kind of proof other than "dude, trust me, those top 3 streamers totally scammed invites and my mate from Mexico with no retail sub didnt get in!!! its rigged!!!!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    The beta is already full of it. The elitism from some people in low level dungeons like Deadmines is astounding. It's a beta ffs. Just take a chill pill and have fun.
    Beta isnt for having fun, beta is for finding and reporting bugs. Either way, you are correct about the madness of elitism in even the absolute most trivial content, and that absolutely will translate into launch. The idea that everyone got along in vanilla is so far beyond a joke, all you can do is laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm guessing that will tone down once the game is available to all.
    Based on what? It happened in Vanilla, why would it not happen in Classic?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    My only concern is that the beta was a carefully selected pool of players
    Please provide any kind of proof of this bold claim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Murthag View Post
    As it was back then

The you can't judge it, the relevant content is mythic with is in always in good shape, instead you do some LFR without going deep in the sistem ans claim game is S45it.
    So please first inform yourself then judgde
    Holy shit........just holy shit. Did you intentionally try and mistype every single word? Are you RPing as a dude who knows how to English, but your mother was killed by English, so you have spent your life rebelling and fighting against English every chance you get?

Secondly, OT, Mythic is not the relevant content, as it is the content completed by the smallest percentage of players - making it the LEAST relevant content to the vast majority of the community.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    No.

Communication is the people and their mentality, not patch notes. The age of 'innocence' is over long ago for this game as most things on the internet.
    You get it - The game is not the issue - its how people communicate in general in ALL online forums that has changed, and that includes vanilla players. Some of us remember a time when CounterStrike Beta was mostly social, fun, laughing, and ppl having a great time - now we have angry Russian memes and endless abuse. I suspect even Worms has a toxic online community.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Retail's challenge is "move out of 5 different kinds of fire"

Vanilla's challenge is "actually do some math and research and think about your class, spec, abilities, consumes, raid composition, etc"
    HAHAHAHAH omfg you dont ACTUALLY believe that absolute garbage do you? Dont pretend you break out the calculator every time you see a new item in vanilla, and holy godamn shit that comment about raid comp. Jesus Christ what an absolute joke "derp stack 3 classes" yeah, real advanced stuff. What blows my mind is that you clearly have ZERO experience in mythic, and yet try to pretend to be an expert on all things raiding. Abilities? in vanilla? far out dude, 90% of classes re spamming 1-2 abilities. Just holy molly good god in heaven. Vanillas challenge is "15 of our 40 raiders are afk.........and we really shouldnt try this with more than 10 afk, we will have to wait!". Actually, its from the prep work and farming, but anyone who was ACTUALLY there knows that. But at no point EVER did the prep work involve math, research, classes, specs, abilities, or raid comp. The only one you got right was consumables, and you called it consumes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    A myth that keeps happening on every unofficial vanilla server? Sure buddy, whatever you need to tell yourself.
    Hyperbole, the ultimate weapon of the confused and desperate. EVERY unofficial server? I have 3, did it happen on mine? Whatever you need to tell yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Because there's a lot more quests that you physically are unable to do at the right level unless you're a pet class.
    Good luck getting the Whirlwind axe without a group, and due to the game pacing it inherently sets a better foundation to actually communicate with people.

I did a metric ton of M+ back in Legion because I enjoyed the content, but no one ever uttered a single word at all outside of "YOU'RE FUCKING SHIT NOOB CUNT CYKA" if someone made a single mistake.
    So you described what I just said perfectly. E.g.
    Lfm for elite quests.
    Hunter lfg
    *Invited*
    Hunter, put your pet on caster dude
    Ok.

What's so fucking magical about that? It happens every day thousands of times a day in retail.
    E.g.
    *Invited to a raid*
    We are doing X Strat
    Ok
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Why do people assume that Classic will change people into what the community was, and not that the community today will turn Classic into what they want? Classic might be nearly identical to vanilla but that doesnt mean people will play it the way it was played in vanilla?

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    No it isnt. Tell me why should i do mythic when i alredy cleared that content in LFR hmmm? For lulz? And i have done lot of hardcore raiding in TBC till MOP. Doing higher difficulty levels is waste od time right now. I alredy saw content and 15 itemlvl for 1000% more effort? No thanks. I used to raid to see content and get epic gear. I can see content in LFR i can get good epic gear by facerolling world quests. There is nothing absolutly nothing worth as reward for doing any sort of raiding.
    Mythic raiding is the only thing worth doing for the gear. All other content is obsolete. It's more likely that terrible players can't break into mythic raiding. Because they are terrible. People shouldn't pretend there are any other barriers.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    why so mad bro

Interesting. If nothing else, at least i laughed.

- - - Updated - - -

Never has been and never will be the case. No one has ever been able to provide a real example of this occuring other than "dude, trust me, i totally played vanilla and if you made a SINGLE rude comment in any of my groups, i hunted you down and made sure you never got a guild or group EVER again"

Followed by the actual vanilla players explaining that no, that is not how it ever worked. And it still doesnt.
    Not sure exactly what you want but yeah that is how it worked out for me and for everyone that wasnt a total nerd in game. Argent Dawn EU Vanilla till current, with a few breaks in between. I remember we'd be laughing at those spamming "LFM" on trade chat. Very rare for me to not have a tank or healer available online. That was my own personal experience. Yours might have been different. Maybe you were one of those sitting in orgrimmar spamming "LFM" for hours. Who knows.

Some of the biggest assholes I have met were raiding guilds. Personality had and will have nothing to do with it. If you are geared you will easily pug. People don't care if you rescue dogs or treat everyone with respect. They care about what you have equipped. Period.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Why do people assume that Classic will change people into what the community was, and not that the community today will turn Classic into what they want? Classic might be nearly identical to vanilla but that doesnt mean people will play it the way it was played in vanilla?
    What stops people from robbing a bank?.. Is it morals or is it laws?

why so mad bro
    That's pretty original. Can I use that in my signature? How did you come up with it? Where you like ”...but nah, but...shutup...WHY SO MAD BRO!”
    why so mad bro

Not sure exactly what you want but yeah that is how it worked out for me and for everyone that wasnt a total nerd in game.. I remember we'd be laughing at those spamming "LFM" on trade chat.
    Interesting. You laughed at those actively attempting to form groups, but didnt consider yourselves nerds? and didnt consider yourselves to be part of the problem?

I like how this thread started with OP admitting he started ninja pulling at some point without COMMUNICATING with the tank/dpsers about it and complains he got kicked.

Then others saying that OPs experience wouldn't have happened in Vanilla. Say what ? Ninja pulling was the quickest way to get booted from the group in Vanilla, on par with ninja looting.

Anyway, bringing back Vanilla won't magically fix the community, corrupted by instant gratification of current day games and general toxicity on the internet.
    Last edited by rad586; 2019-05-27 at 11:25 AM.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Some of the biggest assholes I have met were raiding guilds. Personality had and will have nothing to do with it. If you are geared you will easily pug. People don't care if you rescue dogs or treat everyone with respect. They care about what you have equipped. Period.
    Depends on what you choose to do in game.

Please provide any kind of proof of this bold claim.
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ay-22/179883/1

The method in which people are invited from the opt-in pool is not on a first-come-first-served basis, but instead we look at a variety of factors such as the age of the account
    Instead of sperging out on MMO-C why don't you run off back to retail, leave Classic to the intelligent adults.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Anyway, bringing back Vanilla won't magically fix the community, corrupted by instant gratification of current day games and general toxicity on the internet.
    Oh damn, you bolded the text, it must be true.

No but seriously, if it doesn't fix the community it will be because of retailers bringing their shitty instant gratification participation trophy philosophy into Classic. We've already seen on the beta how awesome it is when playing with like-minded people.

Interesting. You laughed at those actively attempting to form groups, but didnt consider yourselves nerds? and didnt consider yourselves to be part of the problem?
    We laughed at people's inability to communicate. People unable to say "hi" in a group complaining they couldn't get people to join them. What a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ay-22/179883/1

Instead of sperging out on MMO-C why don't you run off back to retail, leave Classic to the intelligent adults.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh damn, you bolded the text, it must be true.

No but seriously, if it doesn't fix the community it will be because of retailers bringing their shitty instant gratification participation trophy philosophy into Classic. We've already seen on the beta how awesome it is when playing with like-minded people.
    Quit it with the sarcasm.

You claim to be an "intelligent adult" when replying to arkanon, yet you're calling people playing retail WoW "retailers". I'd suggest a refresher what "retailer" actually means.

And no, Classic will not fix community. Saying it will is like saying a time capsule from the 70's will undo cultural changes that happened over almost 50 years (as an example).

Years passed, community changed. Times change.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

Quote Originally Posted by Murthag View Post
    As I sai LFR is irrilevant, becouse the encounters in LFR lacks major mechanics present in the fight, and as a result the reward is lower compered to mythic, which is the difficulty where encounters are designed for.

So no this is the same slimmrey slope argument that you "vetars" use to defend yourself while you have no argument to the subject
    Yes i know there are extra mechanics. And? So i should spend hours upon hours learning my class, enncounters, schelude my life, farm consumables or spens lot of gold on them for 1 or 2 new mechanics? And 15 extra itemlvl really isnt that big of deal compared to effort what i would have to put into mythic raiding. When Mythic will be only difficulty in the game i will start raiding again. I used to raid to see content and get gear i dont have to do that anymore so i wont. Byt i cant wait to raid in classic becouse i want to experince those instances and becouse there is no LFR i have to go for that 1 difficulty. In classic you do raiding or you dont get to see content and thata how it should be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Quit it with the sarcasm.

You claim to be an "intelligent adult" when replying to arkanon, yet you're calling people playing retail WoW "retailers". I'd suggest a refresher what "retailer" actually means.

And no, Classic will not fix community. Saying it will is like saying a time capsule from the 70's will undo cultural changes that happened over almost 50 years (as an example).

Years passed, community changed. Times change.
    Community is shaped by game desing and if you would actualy play beta or any private server you would know that community act same way as 15y ago. No players hasnt changed. Games did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Mythic raiding is the only thing worth doing for the gear. All other content is obsolete. It's more likely that terrible players can't break into mythic raiding. Because they are terrible. People shouldn't pretend there are any other barriers.
    Let me see 400+ gear for facerolling 4 world q or 415 doing mythic raiding hmmm. Hmmmm. 15 itemlvls hmmm. I think i will pass. 15 itemlvls for 1000% more effort really isnt worth it.