Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Do players have to do mythic+? No they can just join easy mods and finish game there. Nobady cares about artificial difficulty sliders for content what they have alredy done. There wont be any community if your game will have accessible content. Never. And yes even players whar do not want communicate should be forced becouse this is mmorpg and not some single player arpg.
    And even if they do mythic plus. "NEED 400 iLEVEL OR HIGHER TO DO A MYTHIC 6". Or hell needing to be mythic geared to get into a normal raid level.

I honestly can't wait for classic. I want this cancerous culture gone. I really hope this gear score shit doesn't infect classic.

The game didnt change, people did.

LFR and Random dungeon merely brought a way for antisocial people to do pve, the test still communicate to build groups.

With those gone in classic, antisocial people wont do pve nd the communication is limited to what it is in m+ today

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    The game didnt change, people did.

LFR and Random dungeon merely brought a way for antisocial people to do pve, the test still communicate to build groups.

With those gone in classic, antisocial people wont do pve nd the communication is limited to what it is in m+ today
    Vanilla dungeons dont have that time restriction though

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Anyone who thinks this is actually going to happen is dreaming. Classic isn't a time machine. Online communities have irreversibly changed since 2004 and if you believe that Classic is not going to be overwhelmed with streamers and their obsessive legion of 14 year old fans spamming "pepega" and "4head" at every turn you are kidding yourself.
    classic will eliminate this kind of behavior

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    If he doesn't care for the mechanics of the fight, and is more interested in the dungeon level, enemies, what bosses are and do, the story and general lore, his point it still valid.
    And every aspect of it its still tied to mythic.

You can meet certain enemy only on the harder difficulty.

Even for a lore standpoint. If you don't beat the keepers of ulduar on hard mode you cannot face algalon. If you did not beat Cho'gal in HC on twilight bastion sinestra would still be alive. Ragnanor was killed by the raid with the aid of Cenarius, Malfurion and Hamul (in normal he goes back in his lava pool saying "too soon). The Sha of fear was beaten in his realm. Ra Den would have not been freed if you don't beat HC lei shen.... And there are still more examples is valid only if applied to mythic.

You beat the content only if you do it in mythic
    Last edited by Murthag; 2019-05-27 at 12:29 PM.

Community is shaped by game desing and if you would actualy play beta or any private server you would know that community act same way as 15y ago. No players hasnt changed. Games did.
    Oh yeah, judging the state of community by looking at a small sample of players who got into beta or played on private servers.

I'm sorry, but you're delusional thinking it's the game design that is shaping community. Just look at other communities linked to other games (DOTA2, LoL, CS - to name a few), became toxic AF at one point. And those games barely changed since release.

Games change because their players change. Players swarm the latest Flavor of game modes and developers change their games accordingly.
    That's why we have so many battle royal games right now.
    That's why we had so many zombie shooters not so long ago.

Claiming the toxic element won't be present in Classic is ridiculous. It's always been there, be it Vanilla, TBC, WotLK or any other expansion.
    Why there are stories of Ninja Pullers ? Stories about "evil" GMs "abusing" master looter ?

I remember a player in Vanilla lashing out at me in whispers for daring to post something in general chat (when it wasn't even remotely offensive or linked to him), only to be taken down a peg when mentioning his attitude can get him banned if I wanted to report it.

What I don't remember are those mythical discussions in party chat when running dungeons, in pugs. The only time something like that was taking place was when the group was still waiting for that last player to complete the group and it all stopped once all players were inside.

Anyway, back to what you posted - don't judge how entire community will behave basing it on the small sample of playerbase that just couldn't let go of the old times.
    Last edited by rad586; 2019-05-27 at 12:29 PM.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    this is a myth.

cant wait for it to be demolished by how people will behave when classic comes out

unless you belive that you as no name player will have the same experience as streamers with 20 drones following them 24/7 feeding them gear and boosting them through instances

if you do belive that - oh boy you are in for a real shock
    Not my experience from playing P servers for years, I havent been on one that did not have more communication and colaboration between strangers as a base line than Ive had the last 6 years of retail. Hell I chat with more strangers within an hour on a P server than Ive done since MOP on retail. Go figure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Oh yeah, judging the state of community by looking at a small sample of players who got into beta or played on private servers.

I'm sorry, but you're delusional thinking it's the game design that is shaping community. Just look at other communities linked to other games (DOTA2, LoL, CS - to name a few), became toxic AF at one point. And those games barely changed since release.

Games change because their players change. Players swarm the latest Flavor of game modes and developers change their games accordingly.

Claiming the toxic element won't be present in Classic is ridiculous. It's always been there, be it Vanilla, TBC, WotLK or any other expansion.
    Why there are stories of Ninja Pullers ? Stories about "evil" GMs "abusing" master looter ?

I remember a player in Vanilla lashing out at me in whispers for daring to post something in general chat (when it wasn't even remotely offensive or linked to him), only to be taken down a peg when mentioning his attitude can get him banned if I wanted to report it.

What I don't remember are those mythical discussions in party chat when running dungeons, in pugs. The only time something like that was taking place was when the group was still waiting for that last player to complete the group and it all stopped once all players were inside.

Anyway, back to what you posted - don't judge how entire community will behave basing it on the small sample of playerbase that just couldn't let go of the old times.
    You forget 1 crucial thing! on any of the games youve mentioned bad behaviour have no consequence! on Classic or P servers it does, no one wants to play with aholes! Its as simple as that, and on Classic you will be called out be the community, just like you do on P servers. Good luck to ya moving forward then.

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post

I don't think I've ever met anyone claiming the toxic element won't be present in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Yes, people will adapt, but only because the worst players won't really stick around for long. Well, that's what i think anyway.
    Seems like community wise, the worst of the players are leading the charge. The amount of toxic hubris sprayed by the 'influencers' and their sycophants is in fact a major turnoff. Same here on MMO-C, where the rabid Classic fanboys are the most socially callous cream of the crop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fathr View Post
    no one wants to play with aholes!
    Seriously? YouTube, Twitch, have you heard of it. Seems like the bigger the asshole the more rabid fans he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Seems like community wise, the worst of the players are leading the charge. The amount of toxic hubris sprayed by the 'influencers' and their sycophants is in fact a major turnoff. Same here on MMO-C, where the rabid Classic fanboys are the most socially callous cream of the crop.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously? YouTube, Twitch, have you heard of it. Seems like the bigger the asshole the more rabid fans he gets.
    Who cares about them

- - - Updated - - -

Then your definition of aholes are different than mine. I dont care about streamers or what not, and they do not affect my game in any shape or form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes i know there are extra mechanics. And? So i should spend hours upon hours learning my class, enncounters, schelude my life, farm consumables or spens lot of gold on them for 1 or 2 new mechanics? And 15 extra itemlvl really isnt that big of deal compared to effort what i would have to put into mythic raiding. When Mythic will be only difficulty in the game i will start raiding again. I used to raid to see content and get gear i dont have to do that anymore so i wont. Byt i cant wait to raid in classic becouse i want to experince those instances and becouse there is no LFR i have to go for that 1 difficulty. In classic you do raiding or you dont get to see content and thata how it should be.

- - - Updated - - -

Community is shaped by game desing and if you would actualy play beta or any private server you would know that community act same way as 15y ago. No players hasnt changed. Games did.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me see 400+ gear for facerolling 4 world q or 415 doing mythic raiding hmmm. Hmmmm. 15 itemlvls hmmm. I think i will pass. 15 itemlvls for 1000% more effort really isnt worth it.
    Is it safe for me to say that you think that by making content inaccessible that you think it encourages players to step up and get better? I mean thanks to LFR you can have raids that look great and are all unique, but i mean if you want raids to be all asset reuses then by all means. Not to mention when players cant see content they quit as well, so you can have your unique experience but you will be playing with a much small game.

Only communication you'll need is the basic "LF1M RFD". The instances in classic aren't hard enough to warrant communication. Look at what people do on a regular basis in WoW live. Mythic+ don't require communication till you get higher up in the difficulty.

Everyone can get on discord servers now, so you typically won't even need communication for pvp in game anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ay-22/179883/1

Instead of sperging out on MMO-C why don't you run off back to retail, leave Classic to the intelligent adults.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh damn, you bolded the text, it must be true.

No but seriously, if it doesn't fix the community it will be because of retailers bringing their shitty instant gratification participation trophy philosophy into Classic. We've already seen on the beta how awesome it is when playing with like-minded people.
    thing is, there wil certainly be more players on live than in the beta and lots of those people will be assholes. because the game is full of them. and classic will be free.

enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    It left in Wrath.
    Yup. As soon as you could throw people away without busting the group or wasting a ton of time getting someone replaced and to location. Some people might argue in high end mythic raiding or really high m+ keys you need it and they would be correct. But that is a pretty slim percentage of the community and is oftened arranged and required before hand. Nothing spontaneous to say the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankabbot View Post
    I don't think I've ever met anyone claiming the toxic element won't be present in vanilla.
    Well, most of those "classic players" seem to think Classic is the cure for everything wrong with the community. Everything wrong that was supposedly caused by every expansion up to today. Vanilla was rainbows everywhere and people were talking to each other 24/7. Everything was fine because people were afraid of their "reputation" going downhill.

Like people were in contact with every person on the server and checked each and every player before inviting them to the group.

Classic is the FIX. Classic is the red pill, like in Matrix ! Everything will be good in Classic !

Like I said before, Classic is the WoWs time capsule, opening it won't magically change people.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

Let me see 400+ gear for facerolling 4 world q or 415 doing mythic raiding hmmm. Hmmmm. 15 itemlvls hmmm. I think i will pass. 15 itemlvls for 1000% more effort really isnt worth it.
    And here you are still wrong becouse by choosing the first option you will never learn how to properly play you character so on you a 400 in realty is probably a 350 becouse you don't know how to play with it.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Only communication you'll need is the basic "LF1M RFD". The instances in classic aren't hard enough to warrant communication. Look at what people do on a regular basis in WoW live. Mythic+ don't require communication till you get higher up in the difficulty.

Everyone can get on discord servers now, so you typically won't even need communication for pvp in game anymore.
    This. M+15 are being run without communication every day. People are just expected to know the mechanics, tactics, routes, what to cc, what to prioritize and what not in the various comps and under different affixes. Yet somehow 'Classic people' live under this delusion that 'communication will be required' for utterly trivial content.

Don't get me wrong, I chat to people a lot because I like that, but at no point do i think any content 'requires' it. Blizz had to get out of their way to design a situation that would force people to chat (HC/M Mechatorque), and many players hate it because of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do believe it'll return some player communication but I will also point out that some will feel forced about it, and we'll never really achieve what we had back then mostly due to how the player of today's games have evolved - and I'm also talking about many veterans.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

This. M+15 are being run without communication every day. People are just expected to know the mechanics, tactics, routes, what to cc, what to prioritize and what not in the various comps and under different affixes. Yet somehow 'Classic people' live under this delusion that 'communication will be required' for utterly trivial content.

Don't get me wrong, I chat to people a lot because I like that, but at no point do i think any content 'requires' it. Blizz had to get out of their way to design a situation that would force people to chat (HC/M Mechatorque), and many players hate it because of that.
    That is retail, not classic! In classic everything is running slower, and youll get nowhere with the go go mentality of retail, except the occasional wipe fest