Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah windows updates can do weird things..

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Yeah windows updates can do weird things..
    I guess somewhere it turned vsync on, possibly in that "Game Bar" thing. I don't see the setting though. At least I worked around it.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Update:

This laptop has a combo jack. I never actually used headphones or a microphone until today. Unfortunately, when I plugged it in, I only got audio but it wouldn't hear my mic. UPDATING DRIVERS IS ALWAYS THE LAST SOLUTION because there are settings all over the place in windows. And, I have a solve:

1. I opened Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > HD Audio Manager
    2. The FIRST time you open this software, a tiny little menu of checkboxes pops up asking you to define what is plugged into the combo jack. ONLY the headphones option was selected. I unchecked that and checked headset.

ALSO

1. Look at your toolbar on your desktop.
    2. To the left of the time and date is the speaker icon.
    3. Right-click that and select Volume Mixer.
    4. Left-click Speakers and the Speakers Properties window will pop up.
    5. Select the Levels tab.
    6. The Microphone was actually MUTED by default on my computer. You can tell its muted because there's a little red circle with a diagonal cross out line in the lower right corner of the button. If you see red, click it to remove the red in other words.

Doing both activated the microphone on my headset.

Also, just in case people still have problems, I learned a lot of people have issues with their privacy setting preventing the mic from working. This wasn't my problem but I see it a lot so let's cover that while we're here:

1. Do a Windows search for the word: Privacy
    2. Click Privacy Settings.
    3. On the menu bar on the left click Microphone
    4. Make sure near the top it says "Microphone access for this device is on" and if not, click the grey button underneath that sentence to change it to on.
    5. Allow apps to access your mic should also be toggled to on.
    6. Any apps you want to grant access to your mic listed underneath that should also be toggled to on.

Some people disable a lot of this for privacy when they get a computer and forget months later when they want to use the mic for gaming.

I will update the first post to make finding this info easy.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

OMG this pc is just perfect, how many games new and old I can play on it

I had some strange weirdness again with FPS. FPS was capped to 60 and I don't know why. I switched it to compatibility mode and win 7 service pack 3 and it was back to over 100 FPS again but had toggled to fullscreen(windowed). Then I closed it and switched it back to win 10 mode and it stayed at 100 FPS even after putting it back in windowed mode. Really odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant you post this to a blog or something instead of bumping a thread about a crappy laptop that no one cares about ?