Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    How are moon, stars, trees, roots, etc. not from nature? We're not casting arcane explosion, missles, and the like.
    It's probably considered "cosmic" magic, like star dust or solar energy to burn enemies. Shaman spells would be closer to "nature magic" than Balance Druids, IMO. I'm no lore expert and I'm not even sure if it's properly defined in lore to begin with. I still don't know the difference between Destruction Warlocks and Fire Mages lore-wise.

Entangling Roots, Treants, Cyclone, Typhoon? The only "real" nature DPS spell was Insect Swarm and it was always uninteresting visually and conceptually. Roots would be cooler as a primary DoT except it has to y'know, root, and that wouldn't work for gameplay.

thorns, squish nerfed from druids, i loved using playing a druid, hated when having to fight druids. imo was rather OP

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It's probably considered "cosmic" magic, like star dust or solar energy to burn enemies. Shaman spells would be closer to "nature magic" than Balance Druids, IMO. I'm no lore expert and I'm not even sure if it's properly defined in lore to begin with. I still don't know the difference between Destruction Warlocks and Fire Mages lore-wise.
    There's 6 cosmic forces, Light, Void, Life, Death, Order and Disorder. Light magic is called Light or Holy, Void is Void or Shadow, Life is Nature, Death is Necromancy, Order is Arcane and Disorder is Fel. Shamans actually use none of these, they petition the 4 classic elements as well as Spirit and Decay for support, which can also be denied as was the case with Thrall.

Mages use Arcane, Warlocks use Fel. Druids use Nature. Necromancers do not necessarily use Necromancy, and there's some overlap between their respective abilities. For example, all of them can create some form of undead.

Ingame damage schools are completely unrelated to this and entirely non-indicative of what kind of magic you are dealing with.

I mean they're always using "nature magic", it's just to transform into stuff that does non-nature damage. The most nature-looking if you're wanting green particles would be restoration. The new spell effects actually look very nice.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post

If Death aligned entity using freely shadow,and Light is able create undead, nothing strange in using element of Fire by arcane entity.
    I see difference only in source of mana to create Fire:
    1) Life converted into Mana, and then transformed into Fire =FelFlame.
    2) Arcane gathered Mana, and then transformed into Fire =ConjuredFlame.(ArcaneFlame)
    3) Nature infused Shaman, gains control over spirits of Fire =NatureFlame.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2019-08-19 at 04:50 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with balance druids is that their classical RPG fantasy is too close with wow shamans. You would typically expect a druid to conjure lightning storms for damage, cause earthquakes, manipulate plants, animals etc..

All these lunar spells aren't really part of the WoW kit, are at least were not part of it, and better suites the Priestess of the Moon. Since we don't have race specific classes, this was baked into balance druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Argenon View Post
    If you want; sure. But aren't the sun, sky, moon all a part of the natural world? Or is nature only plants and green things?
    so what's the difference between druids and shamans then? elements are part of nature too.
    druids in rpgs were always associated strictly with fauna and flora

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    so what's the difference between druids and shamans then? elements are part of nature too.
    Do you think physicists and chemists are the same?

No concept is save from change.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    Along with what Huth said, elements are earth, fire, water, air, which can be thought of in a very general sense and druids seem to be more specific in what they use. Earth elementals are different than trees. Wielding fire is different that using the power of stars/sun. This seems different enough to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was just thinking about this less than an hour ago and reading threads about it on the official forums... I hate that druid no longer has anything to do with nature and is instead all about the celestial. I LIKE the celestial stuff too, but on my nelf, not my original tauren druid. I want hurricane back at the very least.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Druids are, in my opinion, able to commune with the elements just as a Shaman are, they are in many ways doing the same thing. They simply have different focus. Just as Thrall can call on the Spirits of the Wild, so does the Druid call on the elements on occasion.

emi calculator gst login ifsc code
    Last edited by arsomartinera; 2019-11-05 at 09:52 PM.

Yea, druids really need a plant/nature based DPS spec that uses treants, roots, leaves.. fertilizer.. basically how Malfurion is portrayed in the game.

And whats up with Moonkin form anyway? It should be a talent and not a mandatory part of the spec. Malf and other lore druids never use Moonkin form. They're either feral or stay in "human form" as casters.

It is Sargeras' fault

Given moonkin are throwing space rocks during legion invasion like once even 20 second or something, the availability of space rock should have run out at the end of Legion.
    At that point moonkin are supposed to desperately throw something else to do dps like dirt and bugs.

But thanks to Sargeras' the supply of space rock are fully restocked for at least 2 expansions for obvious reason. So if you want to throw dirt and bugs, you need to wait for patch 10.0.

Maybe if we ever get more specs or spec themes, Astral and Nature could be separated in one or both of those ways.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Entangling Roots, Treants, Cyclone, Typhoon? The only "real" nature DPS spell was Insect Swarm and it was always uninteresting visually and conceptually. Roots would be cooler as a primary DoT except it has to y'know, root, and that wouldn't work for gameplay.
    Visually and conceptually less interesting than Sunfire? Come off it mate. Sunfire is the dumbest and laziest spell design in all of WoW, and they should just have made Insect Swarm AOE and not got into this Sun <> Moon bullshit. Wrath just needed visual improvement to actually obviously be a nature spell, not to be made into yet another bloody fireball. All the solar spells should be replaced or given glyphs that make them not look like Solar spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Visually and conceptually less interesting than Sunfire? Come off it mate. Sunfire is the dumbest and laziest spell design in all of WoW, and they should just have made Insect Swarm AOE and not got into this Sun <> Moon bullshit. Wrath just needed visual improvement to actually obviously be a nature spell, not to be made into yet another bloody fireball. All the solar spells should be replaced or given glyphs that make them not look like Solar spells.
    I do think Sunfire is more interesting than Insect Swarm, yes. Just because the theme of sun/moon cycles is more interesting than a swarm of nothing that does nothing more than a DoT. If they'd acted like pets, controllable or not, or we'd had more animal/actual nature influence, sure that'd be cool - but Insect Swarm vs sun/moon cycles has a clear winner, and it isn't Insect Swarm.

I do agree a better fit for Druid is to have nature spells, but sun/moon does fit for Balance, they should just have damage spells unique for Restoration (which does feel like the Druid spec that most follows the idea of a Druid overall) that are more nature related. I don't feel that Insect Swarm should be one of them, though.