Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Tinker Ranged Spec

From hearing all kinds of next expansion tinker related hopes and dreams lately, its got me kind of hyped for the possibility and I thought I would share some of my thoughts for a ranged spec for the tinker class.

Firstly if it does have a dps spec I do hope its ranged and not melee, we have far too many melee specs in WoW atm. Following the general theme of it involving robots and such my first thought is that the three specs, Tank Healer and Dps, hopefully, could have a new weapon type, a Plasma Cannon. The class would need to be a hero class and start at 120 for that though, so Blizz don't have to backfill low levels with these new weapons. Its what it sounds like, essentially a chunky gun that shoots plasma rounds. It would work for all specs because they would act slightly differently depending on spec, for tank it would allow them to pull from range and aggro mobs from range, they would still fight in melee range though, not all tanks use shields after all. For healer they could simply shoot healing plasma at players with ranged talents. Finally for dps, it would work similarly to the guns in game (but abit cooler). Could just use bows and guns but that's abit boring for a tinker class.

Talents /abilites for the Ranged Spec:

Ion blast - a suped up cannon shot from the plasma cannon

Iron Star - Roll a mini iron star, like the iron horde ones, that lock onto and chase targets

Lazer Target - Call in an airstrike on a location

Mecha March - basically the trinket legion proc, a mech squirrel or chicken or what not, that works like the Murloc toy, a march of little mech robots that explode for AoE

Lightning Rod - A placed lightning rod that pulses and shocks targets in an area

Pet - Basically a larger version of the DmF tonk or the zeppelin that acts as a controllable pet, like hunter or warlock pet

Mecha Missile - Fires a single rocket that does burn damage

Tinker Tank - Transform into a tank for X seconds, think Bastions ultimate in Overwatch, big Cd ability

Would definitely roll a Tinker if it is even remotely similar to anything above.

What would you have if you could have a ranged tinker?

No
    Tinker will never be a class
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    No
    Tinker will never be a class
    Of all classes that has yet to come, tinker is the most likely one. Esspecially with all the mecha stuff blizz is hinding at entire bfa.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2018-12-31 at 04:28 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Tinker will most likely use guns, making it so more than 1 class uses them. Plus they are already all throughout the game... a new weapon would be a bad idea.

After DH my class design expectations are really low. All I want from tinkers is Goblin/Gnome only, 3 specs and maybe healing spec based on max hp manipulation (commanding shout type healing and death wish type dps buff for others).

I don't think I'd even subscribe for a tinker expansion, let alone enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it would be a hero class. It would more than likely start from level 1 just like Monks did.

As for a ranged spec, that's pretty much a given since the WC3 and HotS Tinker's abilities are 90% ranged. If I had to guess, I would say it would be a combination of turrets, projectiles (Charges and Bombs), and flame/laser/electric abilities. If the rumors are true, you're looking at the 3 spec class (Tank/RDPS/Heal).

10+ Year Old Account
    If they will add this class, i'm done with WoW. There is no logic reason adding it after Legion because of few factors.

1: Where order hall will be placed, and what artifacts will got?

2: Why now? Why not back in Legion?

3: Why Tinker? There is also other cool ideas like Farstrider, Crusader etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    If they will add this class, i'm done with WoW. There is no logic reason adding it after Legion because of few factors.

1: Why has the class to start below Legion levels?
    DK and DH started as hero classes with higher levels, so Tinkers starting with 108 and getting to 110 in their own starting zone would hurt you in which way exactly?

2: Because Legion added the thematically perfect Demon Hunter, because, your know.... DEMONS

3: Farstriders and Crusaders are just Hunters and Paladins with a different lore- I bet you would bitch about how uncreative adding ANOTHER paladin-like character is the second they'd be announced.
    Furthermore, adding another melee class would not be good because there is a huge inbalance right now which would be even greater.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Of all classes that has yet to come, tinker is the most likely one. Esspecially with all the mecha stuff blizz is hinding at entire bfa.
    I want to believe you are right!! Means I finally can have a reason to play gnome or Goblin
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account

Start the class at 108. Problem solved.

That said, it would be better for the game for them to start at 1.

Demon Hunters. Also with the concept of Azerite boosting the power of machines and the discovery of Mechagon, the Tinker class already has a pretty strong foundation to build upon.

Because it's something that we currently don't have in the current class lineup, it has a basis as a WC3 hero unit like Death Knights, Monks, and Demon Hunters. Your "cool ideas" are already playable within our existing classes. Farstrider is a Survival Hunter, and Crusaders are Retribution Paladins. People want new stuff, not retreads of what we already have.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2018-12-31 at 01:26 PM.

It was Farseer, smart guy. And they are shaman.

Regardless if Tinkers are the next class or not, or even if they'll ever come, what you wrote there is not really an argument that holds much water since you can say that about every expansion. In Legion we had literal spaceships, draenei mechs, Mekkatorque's mech and even your own personal mech to fight in, with engineering. Back in WoD we had the whole "Iron Horde" thing. In MoP we had the first mech mount added. Wrath? All this stuff with the Titans and Ulduar and goblins and gnomes studying the technology. Etc, etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Your points apply to basically any new class idea, but they're not deterrents.
    No order halls needed. Just add a "Heroes' Board" at Krasus' Landing in Dalaran where players can go pick the zone they'll want to quest in. As for artifacts, heirlooms are there for you. Or provide a quest that awards a generic heirloom-like weapon that scales from 100 to 110, presto.

Because it wouldn't make sense to add them in Legion?

Why X? There is also other cool ideas like Y, Z, etc. Bottom line: personal taste.

Moreover, it's very odd that azerite is used mainly by tinkers. In fact, azerite is Well of Eternity in crystal, so there should be some elven addicts around it. Why is it used by tinkers instead? I think you have an answer.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    It was Farseer, smart guy. And they are shaman.
    Farstriders are a thing too, but they're blood elf rangers. Hunters.

They also have cinematics that have warriors with sheild and spear
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

I have zero to negative interest in Tinker personally. But, it'll probably be the next class unfortunately.

5+ Year Old Account
    As long as we get a new mail class, I'm set.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Here are a couple of vids that have recently came out that make it almost certain the the tinker will be the next class. Also, info that it may be like the monk that starts out at level 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuetlachtli View Post
    Here are a couple of vids that have recently came out that make it almost certain the the tinker will be the next class. Also, info that it may be like the monk that starts out at level 1.
    Solid vids, thanks for the links. It's especially intriguing to me that those spells listed have levels attached...wouldn't seem necessary if Blizz weren't strongly looking at the Tinker as a strong possibility, particularly differerent level requirements as they have currently.

Blizz may opt to simply start them at a high level, but that's not nearly as fun as designing these things. Plus given how the pre-orders went with the Allied Races, it would not be surprising for Blizz to start Tinkers at Level 1 and give them out as a pre-order bonus. With that in mind, there are several good spots that could be used as an Order Hall for a Tinker class. Mechagon comes to mind as a good fit, once the zone is unlocked. Gnomeregan could work, or you could simply have some sort of starting area set up for new Tinkers (similar to DK and DH) and make that area their order hall. As for artifacts, all you'd need is a legendary gun or two, or a wrench, or some sort of long lost bot to fill in the gap.

Because Tinkers didn't fit anything about that story, whereas Demon Hunters were a perfect fit for a fight against the Legion. This is a similar reason to why we didn't get Demon Hunters in Mists or Monks in Wrath...because the theme for the expansion each of these races came out in fit far better than other spots. Tinkers could believably fit into a number of different expansion ideas without many issues.

There are other cool ideas, but most of those really feed off of and into other classes as it stands currently. Necromancer seems to eat away at Unholy DH and Demo Warlock. Crusaders from most designs seem a ton like Paladins. Tinkers mostly just feed off the Engineering profession, which can be easily adjusted to allow both the profession and class to coexist peacefully.