Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    Was hoping he was at least an assassin instead of ANOTHER angel melee tank, but nope.
    "ANOTHER angel melee tank"? What's with that emphasis on "another", you make it sound like we already have a ton of them. There's literally as many angel melee tanks as there are angel assassins in game right now, it's not like we are just swarming in angel melee tanks.

His trait IS a weird choice though. It's literally the same as Orphea's, but minus the self healing and only buffs his AA vs the target he hits, instead of whoever he AAs next.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Guys even blizz admits this game is dead, just let it go
    Apparently reading isn't your strong suit, I guess.
    Last edited by Stormcall; 2019-01-03 at 03:28 AM.

"ANOTHER angel melee tank"? What's with that emphasis on "another", you make it sound like we already have a ton of them. There's literally as many angel melee tanks as there are angel assassins in game right now, it's not like we are just swarming in angel melee tanks.

His trait IS a weird choice though. It's literally the same as Orphea's, but minus the self healing.
    I said "another" because we have one already lol. I donno why he's a bruiser/tank instead of just assassin. The difference is that Malthael is aesthetically vastly different when I'd say the Gold/Reddish Gold of Tyrael/Imperius's dynamic is quite similar.

His trait seems really uninspired as well as his w ability. I'll give them the spear/stun is a cool move (Even though the concept of "Charge up longer and do X longer" was Yrel's entire shtick) and the sword ultimate is really cool visually.
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2019-01-03 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ossus View Post
    What did they do to his beautiful wings?! Sacrilege...
    Yeah, they definitly looks pretty weird, I'm guessing they had trouble trying to differentiate them from the other 3 angels or something. Especially since he's also getting a demonic skin, just like Tyrael and Auriel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Won our Lounge game. Will get abilities and talents up when I've had dinner.
    Is it gonna be on Khaldor's channel, or are not all games casted? I've been watching some of the ower division games and I've been enjoying it a good amount, since the plays feel more relatable, I guess. x)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    The guy who voices those trailer sounds like he is going through some ugly flu...
    He recorded the VO right after Blizzcon, so yeah. Voice was shot and probably had a case of con crud.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really WANT to be hyped for this guy... but I just can’t get hyped. Nothing about his kit is overtly bad (except maybe his trait. Which is kinda on trend I guess: Angel tanks with shit traits), but nothing about it really has me jumping, and his talents seemed a little blah as well.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    I am HUGELY dissapointed, I felt like this could be a Hero that could make me return to the game.

However the animations and model are absolutely horrendous. He looks like a paper-board toy which is further highlighted by his weird and clumsy animations. The Hero completely lacks any fluid movement and angelic grace. I mean, look at the other archangels. Tyrael feels very fluid and majestic with his movements, Malthael on the other hand has this aura of impending doom while still keeping a sense of grace - his animations are great, he floats and slowly steps on the ground to land strikes that have weight behind them. Now look at Imperius, he seems like a very retarded robot and I am pretty sure you can capture graceful movements with enough brutality to justify his status of great warrior.

No matter how good the gameplay might be, if the character feels wrong to look at, I just can't bring myself to play. Sorry!
    I also noticed that his movement and animations are rather flat and stiff. Doesn't feel like an in-your-face warrior at all. I compared him to Tyrael too and Tyrael is great. Can't help but notice Imperius wings are kinda shit too.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Is it gonna be on Khaldor's channel, or are not all games casted? I've been watching some of the ower division games and I've been enjoying it a good amount, since the plays feel more relatable, I guess. x)
    Our game sadly wasn't casted, there was another game going at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I also noticed that his movement and animations are rather flat and stiff. Doesn't feel like an in-your-face warrior at all. I compared him to Tyrael too and Tyrael is great. Can't help but notice Imperius wings are kinda shit too.
    He's got that power walk(?) thing going on which I don't really understand. That walk would be great with someone like Arthas or Leoric but on an angel, who normally float majestically rather than stomp around with that "come at me" walk thing he's doing, it's out of place. And yeah, his wings should be bigger. Guess he spent all his time on leg day so he could power stomp towards you, and really neglected wing day.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    He's got that power walk(?) thing going on which I don't really understand. That walk would be great with someone like Arthas or Leoric but on an angel, who normally float majestically rather than stomp around with that "come at me" walk thing he's doing, it's out of place. And yeah, his wings should be bigger. Guess he spent all his time on leg day so he could power stomp towards you, and really neglected wing day.
    Tyrael who's a tank, floats, flies and is agile in his movements. Imperius who's a bruiser that engages and singles out targets, as you say, moves like Arthas. What little we've ever seen of Imperius makes him appear just as agile and quick as the other angels.
    I had really wanted to see Imperius, but their design choices for him are something I can't agree with. A huge letdown for me. Here's hoping this has nothing to do with the people they've taken from the HotS team... but I fear it to be the case.

Is nobody else underwhelmed? Most of his kit seems like slight alterations of existingabilities, Lunara/Malthael's trait, Alex's flame, ect.

Was hoping he was at least an assassin instead of ANOTHER angel melee tank, but nope.

And now that I think about it, I dont even know wtf Imperius' kit could be, since we don't know much about him. Literally the only thing he does in Diablo's franchise is be an asshole and then scratch Diablo's face before getting wtfpwned.
    But...Imperius is a warrior, he is melee, he has more armor and more battles than Tyrael. In the book Storm of Light, Imperius impales another a traitor angel.

I agree that the flame ability isnt interesting. I also dont like the effect and the swords ultimate.

Does it take too much effort to do wings like this?

Last edited by KainneAbsolute; 2019-01-03 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Tyrael who's a tank, floats, flies and is agile in his movements. Imperius who's a bruiser that engages and singles out targets, as you say, moves like Arthas. What little we've ever seen of Imperius makes him appear just as agile and quick as the other angels.
    I had really wanted to see Imperius, but their design choices for him are something I can't agree with. A huge letdown for me. Here's hoping this has nothing to do with the people they've taken from the HotS team... but I fear it to be the case.
    You realise it takes about 6 months for them to create a hero? Imperius was most likely ready long before they even decided to stop supporting HGC and reducing teamforce for the game...

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    You realise it takes about 6 months for them to create a hero? Imperius was most likely ready long before they even decided to stop supporting HGC and reducing teamforce for the game...
    Not to mention the hero is basically "locked" for at least a month before reveal/release (they talked about this around the time Kel'Thuzad was released when they had to ready the build for gamescom). So Imperius has been "done" since at least the first week of December.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7007et

Oh look! Even Johanna roosted Imperius. xD I guess Alarak got apprentience. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Is nobody else underwhelmed? Most of his kit seems like slight alterations of existingabilities, Lunara/Malthael's trait, Alex's flame, ect.

The only other melee angel tank is Tyrael... Auriel is a healer. Malthael is an assassin.

And nothing about a guy in a big-ass looming suit of armor with a giant spear that's only ever shown fighting toe-to-toe screams "ranged assassin."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

His Q takes some getting used to and not having great waveclear definitly hurts but overall he's pretty damn fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huge mana issues really and pretty squishy too. Nice combos and damage though and decent cc. I think he’s more of assassin really.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Huge mana issues really
    Yeah, apparently any angel from the Diablo universe that is a warrior is expected to make frequent trips back to heaven for mana.

Deleted
    I was playing Auriel before starting playing Imperius.

I pretty much had a 80% win ratio with the healer Angel.
    Now with Imperius i have a 20% win ratio. Im pretty sure i only won 2 games with Imperius ahah

My opinion is that he needs a good team to take advantage of the impalement going on with his Q.

Awful champion for Quickmatches IMO

Could be because im a total noob at the game also dont take my opinion seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Awful champion for Quickmatches IMO
    Depends on what the opposing team is doing. Imperious can straight up beat many assassins in a 1 on 1 fight, and in my experience, it's pretty common to find random clowns wandering around all on their own or "split pushing"(read-staying in 1 lane and rarely leaving it, even if they aren't actually good at split pushing) in QM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Depends on what the opposing team is doing. Imperious can straight up beat many assassins in a 1 on 1 fight, and in my experience, it's pretty common to find random clowns wandering around all on their own or "split pushing"(read-staying in 1 lane and rarely leaving it, even if they aren't actually good at split pushing) in QM.
    I have never done a "one shot" to a ranged or melee assassin with his combo though unless i use my ulty

What "offensive talents" are you using to be able to one shot them?

Not that you said you can one shot but...

I can kill them, yeah, but i struggle a lot.