Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Frightened Kodo Mount, Blue Posts, Activision Blizzard CFO Hired by Netflix, DLC #661

Challenge Rift - Week 80

Just a Hallucination is This Week's Brawl!

Imperius Spotlight, PTR Patch Notes - January 2, 2019

Frightened Kodo Mount Guide
    Most of the 8.1 Darkshore rare mounts drop from specific rare mobs around the map much like the Arathi rare mounts. However, the Frightened Kodo is acquired a little differently. Here is what we have learned about obtaining this mount:

• Frightened Kodo is a rare spawn on a timer (reportedly anywhere from 2-6 hours)
    • It is a friendly NPC that must be clicked. You will receive the message "Frightened Kodo nuzzles your hand. He wants to come with you!" and the mount will be placed into your bags several seconds later.
    • Only the first person who clicks the spawned mob will receive the mount. It despawns shortly after being clicked or if no one clicks it within about 2 minutes.
    • It has 6 known spawn locations, all of which are marked on the map above. (You can find a waypoint macro on the Warcraft Secrets website.)
      • 41.3 65.5
      • 44.0 67.5
      • 41.3 54.0
      • 38.0 66.0
      • 39.2 56.5
      • 44.0 65.0
    • Server resets seem to be a good time to check for a spawn.
    • It is lootable by class trials and level 110's on both factions.
    • It does not matter which faction controls Darkshore for it to spawn or be obtainable.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    There were a number of changes to Island Expeditions in the Tides of Vengeance content update. Now that they have been live for several weeks, we wanted to take a moment and get your thoughts on them. It can be about anything you have experienced but here are some questions to open things up: How have the changes felt? Have things improved? Has anything gotten worse? What rewards have you been getting?
    If you haven’t tried Islands out at all since the latest content update, before commenting please go ahead and try out a few and let us know what you experienced. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and Happy New Year! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Holy Paladin Gameplay
    Cleave healing. A lot of people still think we’re “tank healers” but we actually aren’t. At least not directly. If you directly heal the tanks you’re going to lose a lot of healing. This is due to how beacons work. Our niche is cleave healing and triage healing. We always heal 3 targets for the price of 1 with beacons and even up to 7 targets with LoD if you don’t directly hit your beacons. This helps smooth out tank damage quite a bit while allowing you to heal other people rather than focus solely on the tanks. The only time you’d directly heal tanks is if they’re getting destroyed and they really need extra focus but tank healing is better done from a mistweaver now. Our cleave healing is fairly good
    A huge misconception is that pallies are "just" tank healers. I was still going of this old mentality for awhile as well but now more than ever our niche is pretty well defined in a raid. If you’re doing it right we’re keeping tanks stable and spot healing the rest of the raid allowing us to pick up spots where AoE healing isn’t cutting it from the rest of the classes. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Heart of Azeroth necklace not account wide?
    What weekly reduction? Oh that thing you paused a while back to increase time played metrics so people have to regrind stuff they already had when the raid launches.
    Ion already spoke at length about this in the last Q&A but we admit it doesn’t feel good. The lack of reduction really only negatively affects very high end players pushing for absurdly high Azerite levels, we’re talking 40-44 (looking at you Myppoo you insane person you). For anything under that the levels are still within reasonable amounts to gain another level, plus 37-38 is all that you need to get ring 3 on even Mythic Dazar’alor gear.

We know it doesn’t feel good to put in more work to unlock the exact same traits you just had, and we said in the last Q&A that we’re working on that. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Activision Blizzard CFO Hired by Netflix
    Activision Blizzard's CFO, Spencer Neumann, was placed on paid leave on December 31 with the company intending to fire him. It has been confirmed that he has been hired by Netflix today. You can read more about it by clicking the banner below, and for the press release on their new acting CFO, click here.

Dark Legacy Comics #661
    DLC #661 has been released.

thanks for the info!
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

So this is the new Voidtalon. Will have to pass with this model. Maybe if I had multiple WoW windows open to spam the macro or something, that'd work, but yeah, don't have multiple active subs. Alternative seems to be playing on a high end machine at server reset
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-01-03 at 05:33 AM.

Why isn't there any mount you can obtain normally anymore ? Like, through achievements, drops and so on ?
    Why does everything must be "stand here for 6 hours, turn around, jump 4 times and watch the moon for 5 minutes to get this mount" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Why isn't there any mount you can obtain normally anymore ? Like, through achievements, drops and so on ?
    Why does everything must be "stand here for 6 hours, turn around, jump 4 times and watch the moon for 5 minutes to get this mount" ?
    nearly every mount in the game even current is obtainable by drops, with no waiting involved, just RNG. METAS drop a mount though all achievements. what exactly are you bitching about?

The Arathi and Darkshore Warfront rare mounts are drops

Personally wish I could solo Hounds in Antorus

"On Wednesday, Activision Blizzard said Neumann was “terminated for cause for violating his legal obligations to the company,”'

Wow. any word on what he supposedly did? i feel a diablo Immortal joke would make sense here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    "On Wednesday, Activision Blizzard said Neumann was “terminated for cause for violating his legal obligations to the company,”'

Wow. any word on what he supposedly did? i feel a diablo Immortal joke would make sense here.
    Going to take a guess it dealt with the fact that he's already at Netflix.

hmm..i wonder if the firing of this guy is related to the rare mount starting to appear in game.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    So this is the new Voidtalon. Will have to pass with this model. Maybe if I had multiple WoW windows open to spam the macro or something, that'd work, but yeah, don't have multiple active subs. Alternative seems to be playing on a high end machine at server reset
    This is far easier to get than the Voidtalon. The spawns are all close to each other and the respawn timer appears to be significantly lower.
    I camped it around 1 1/2 days and then found it. Had the wrong strategy at first just sitting at one spawn and afking occasionally trusting NPCscan and other raretracker to detect it if I entered its ID when they didn't but there is no comparison to the voidtalon with its 2-3 spawns per week.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are several other mounts in Darkshore that are just random drops from rare spawns, same in Arathi. There are also mounts on the doubloon and service medal vendors, on most of the rep vendors, and the standard meta achievement raid mounts.

Nevermind that this is just an npc on a rare spawn timer that awards a mount to the first person who right clicks it. There is no special method other than finding it when it spawns.

Who care for an ugly kudo with a stupid rare spawn when you already have 300-400 mount collected lol?

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    This is far easier to get than the Voidtalon. The spawns are all close to each other and the respawn timer appears to be significantly lower.
    I camped it around 1 1/2 days and then found it. Had the wrong strategy at first just sitting at one spawn and afking occasionally trusting NPCscan and other raretracker to detect it if I entered its ID when they didn't but there is no comparison to the voidtalon with its 2-3 spawns per week.
    what is the npc's name? so i can make a /tar macro for him.

Deleted
    Iwannaplaythisnewnospacegamebecauseitfeelsgoodwhenyouarehavingheadachetryingtoreadthings.

Quote Originally Posted by Aktanasut View Post
    Iwannaplaythisnewnospacegamebecauseitfeelsgoodwhenyouarehavingheadachetryingtoreadthings.
    starcraftmmorpg?

Trials does work indeed!

Glad I got mine yesterday before this article went up! I did it on Area-52 with Warmode On at like 8amEST, was about to log off when my NPC Scan went off and a few seconds later I had this big boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Well, I need a time machine now because I've seen people actually doing the loops with this MMOC post up, lol. It all being in a spot is a bad thing whereas with Void Talon there were so many spawns I could usually have a couple to myself.

Still easier though, I agree. Sounds like NPCScan will work for this
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-01-03 at 09:57 AM.

Spencer Neumann spent 20 years working at Disney, then after 1 year at Activision Blizzard realized working at a sinking ship will be bad for his career and negotiated his new position at Netflix. Blizzard "fire" him days before he starts at Netflix, as he would have left anyway. Lol.

He took 9 million dollars for his 1 year at Blizz, I wonder if the money were well spent on him or perhaps the devs that have to live with 2-3 flatmates would have been a better receiver for these money?

What does a guy who spent 20yrs at Disney know about gaming? I hope activision blizzard realized just that and fired him.