15+ Year Old Account

What's the desired haste for fury?

Right now at 362 ilvl, with one haste trinket with a STR on use, and one STR trinket with a proc, I'm sitting at 20% haste, just wondering where a good place to be is?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Deleted
    No breakpoint.

Get as much haste as possible as long as it is going to be the best stat.

15+ Year Old Account
    So just stack haste on haste? Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    That's the easy answer yeah.

Hard answer is that you'll have to sim it.

Constantly.

Whenever you get something new and for different traits.

Like currently I sim with Crit higher than haste, but I think it's because I am using the Cold Steel, Hot Blood azerite trait that makes bloodthirst crits add a bleed.

That said, I'm still stacking haste.

At various points in the expansion each of the secondary ratings has simmed out as the most valuable for me. The interaction appears to be more dynamic and flexible for fury than I have seen with any other spec over the past 5 years. The relative value of each rating can fluctuate significantly with each new piece of gear you add.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    At various points in the expansion each of the secondary ratings has simmed out as the most valuable for me. The interaction appears to be more dynamic and flexible for fury than I have seen with any other spec over the past 5 years. The relative value of each rating can fluctuate significantly with each new piece of gear you add.
    That doesn't really make any sense though, mathematically..

It does once you start adding in different pieces of gear and with the differing azerite traits available.

Some - Hot Blood, Cold Steel - will inflate the value of crit since it'll add a DoT with Bloodthirst crits. Haste is always valuable but you might need to back off the stat if you're GCD capping during bloodlust. Mastery scales in relation to haste so if you do hit that point where you're just about haste capped then adding more mastery buffs your raw damage quite a bit since you're enraged a lot more since you're rampaging that much more often.

This is why we have to sim everything.

It's annoying and inorganic, but when it comes to your rings and trinkets especially simming it out is pretty much required if you want to try maximizing your damage.

For general purposes yes.

If you min-max, things get complicated. For me Haste was actually slightly behind Mastery and Crit at some point, when I had 23% of it and low % Mastery, plus if you use the Cold Steel, Hot Blood trait (which you should if possible), Crit gains a lot of value. I gemmed for Mastery instead of Haste and now Haste simmed higher all of a sudden. It's a bit annoying to be honest, but know that Haste is always good to have all things considered.

Deleted
    if your button mashing is too slow for your GCD recovering, subjectively, then you are golden. at least thats what I experienced where fury becomes a fun spec

It does, actually. Your not understanding does not affect that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    For general purposes yes.

If you min-max, things get complicated. For me Haste was actually slightly behind Mastery and Crit at some point, when I had 23% of it and low % Mastery, plus if you use the Cold Steel, Hot Blood trait (which you should if possible), Crit gains a lot of value. I gemmed for Mastery instead of Haste and now Haste simmed higher all of a sudden. It's a bit annoying to be honest, but know that Haste is always good to have all things considered.
    A haste can support B mastery. If your haste is too low to support your mastery, the excess is overflow with little value. Array skews the normal relationship significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Deciticus View Post
    It does, actually. Your not understanding does not affect that.

- - - Updated - - -

A haste can support B mastery. If your haste is too low to support your mastery, the excess is overflow with little value. Array skews the normal relationship significantly.
    Yeah, and it's why I'm happy that it is gone in BDA. 750 extra Haste shifted secondaries around too much for my liking.

It's important to note that simcraft has bugs sometimes that you'll never really know about. If you always use raidbots and sim off of the weekly build, you'll find very rarely that your stat priority seemingly change with then new build and your gear is exactly the same as it was last week. As the expansion goes on this is less and less a thing. Bottom line is: simcraft isn't perfect. You SHOULD question the results it gives you and understand why it is telling you what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    It's important to note that simcraft has bugs sometimes that you'll never really know about. If you always use raidbots and sim off of the weekly build, you'll find very rarely that your stat priority seemingly change with then new build and your gear is exactly the same as it was last week. As the expansion goes on this is less and less a thing. Bottom line is: simcraft isn't perfect. You SHOULD question the results it gives you and understand why it is telling you what it is.
    If you sim off nightly, you'll be more up to date and actually have the fixes come faster. Simcraft is very good and if you actually take any part in the community you'll know very quickly if something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Like currently I sim with Crit higher than haste, but I think it's because I am using the Cold Steel, Hot Blood azerite trait that makes bloodthirst crits add a bleed.

That said, I'm still stacking haste.
    Dude, read the "Enrage" tooltip and then try to teach people and theorycraft...

Quote Originally Posted by Prime92 View Post
    Dude, read the "Enrage" tooltip and then try to teach people and theorycraft...
    So me saying SIM it and then giving an example of why my sim might be saying otherwise is me telling people how to theorycraft?

OK.

You know, I remember a time when people used to have conversations about how to do the best dps without siming everything. I miss those times.

Quote Originally Posted by Deciticus View Post
    I remember a time when players were on the average atrocious and had little to no understanding of the game or how it worked. When feelycrafting was called actual theorycrafting or testing.

Simming is best because it actually fucking works. Get off your high horse.
    No high horse here. Just wondering why you're calling me out for telling people to sim things while you're telling people to sim things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    No high horse here. Just wondering why you're calling me out for telling people to sim things while you're telling people to sim things.
    My head does not like what you wrote.

I'm angry and I don't know why.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”