How to lvl a RESTO shaman

Hi everyone
    My doubt and request for advice is how do i level a resto shaman?
    Being that resto shaman a healer to questing should be quite difficult.
    How do you do?
    What weapon do you advise? A heirloom weapon.
    Thank you in advance for your help

10+ Year Old Account
    Questing as resto? Give me one valuable reason why.

You press N and change to a DPS spec unless you enjoy wasting more time than necessary on questing. If you have to level as resto, just spam dungeons I guess.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    You press N and change to a DPS spec unless you enjoy wasting more time than necessary on questing.
    Ok. and you when you want to do dung you switch to Resto...
    got it.
    wich spec to lvl?
    witch heiloom weapon?
    thx for reply

Alone? You dont. You either get a dps to heal or change spec

5+ Year Old Account
    I think that you can go with a dps spec until you can join dungeons; at that time you'll do quests and que for dungs and pvp, if you want. As a healer, you have access to some damaging abilities, so you can quest easely (survivability won't be a problem, as a healer). Maybe you'll be doing things a little slow, but you can manage it.
    The weapon is not really important, just pick a heirloom and go with it.
    Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterMirror View Post
    I think that you can go with a dps spec until you can join dungeons; at that time you'll do quests and que for dungs and pvp, if you want. As a healer, you have access to some damaging abilities, so you can quest easely (survivability won't be a problem, as a healer). Maybe you'll be doing things a little slow, but you can manage it.
    The weapon is not really important, just pick a heirloom and go with it.
    Hope it helps.
    thx a lot will trie

Resto does decent damage but it's pretty boring unless you're throwing out heals too. Go Enhancement for questing and switch to Resto for dungeons.

15+ Year Old Account
    I consider myself a resto Shaman, but spend 90%+ of my time in elemental spec.

It's just the most efficient way to do things.
    Here is something to believe in!

Wear full resto gear. Precast Lightning Bolt and then Flame Shock into Lava Burst. That's pretty much your combo, you can throw in Chain Lightning for aoe if you pull a couple.

Also fun fact, Resto's Lava Burst hits harder than Elementals. Have fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Also fun fact, Resto's Lava Burst hits harder than Elementals. Have fun.
    Up until level 60~ resto shaman's abilities deal more damage than elemental, the only difference is you're limited in options. If you're questing, I suggest going enhancement for frontload damage, because there are plenty of mobs who kick you and knockback, basically interrupting your cast.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Questing as resto? Give me one valuable reason why.
    This pretty much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nemsiz View Post
    Hi everyone
    My doubt and request for advice is how do i level a resto shaman?
    Being that resto shaman a healer to questing should be quite difficult.
    How do you do?
    What weapon do you advise? A heirloom weapon.
    Thank you in advance for your help
    Unless you want to level PURELY by doing dungeons/battlegrounds there is no logical reason to do it. (And even then its not logical and reasonable imo)

Quest as elemental and queue dungeons/pvp as resto. That way you can use mostly the exact same gear for both specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree with a lot of people here - don't give yourself that kind of headache. Duel spec between Resto and Elemental so that you can queue for dungeons as a healer but do your questing in a way that isn't inefficient.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Contrary to what other people suggest here, I fully recommend you to lvl in Resto spec for several reasons.

1. Their abilities hit harder. Resto's Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning both hit harder than Ele until lvl78 when you get Mastery. In fact, Ele's CL only hit 3 targets just like Resto until lvl70!
    2. Instant Dungeon Queue - nuff said
    3. Better Survival - You heal yourself much better, granted this isn't an issue normally at all.
    4. Better "Parasite" - That warlock is about to kill everything with his dot? Toss him an instant Riptide and gain all the quest credits.

The one thing Resto lacks is a spammable ranged ability to tag mobs (then gather them for AoE). I don't recall needing those when I was leveling through.

im leveling up as a resto, mostly dungeons but is not so slow to just quest i also level up a holy priest from 110 to 120 questing, totally doable. Heal specs make decent damage in world content and had a lot of survival. It works if you are lazy enough to learn the other specs.

Just level as elemental... Both spec use the same gear and benefit from the same stats.

Quest as elemental and just respec to resto whenever you engage in any group activities.

step 1: Log out
    Step 2: Create a monk
    step 3: Login
    Step 4: level up
    Step5: Profit

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    Contrary to what other people suggest here, I fully recommend you to lvl in Resto spec for several reasons.

1. Their abilities hit harder. Resto's Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning both hit harder than Ele until lvl78 when you get Mastery. In fact, Ele's CL only hit 3 targets just like Resto until lvl70!
    2. Instant Dungeon Queue - nuff said
    3. Better Survival - You heal yourself much better, granted this isn't an issue normally at all.
    4. Better "Parasite" - That warlock is about to kill everything with his dot? Toss him an instant Riptide and gain all the quest credits.

The one thing Resto lacks is a spammable ranged ability to tag mobs (then gather them for AoE). I don't recall needing those when I was leveling through.
    This guy knows what he's talking about.
    Leveling as ele is a waste of time because it doesn't out-dps resto, in terms of killing mobs for quests, but it does let you riptide yourself to get the heal ticks, eventually drop the totem, and you get plenty of passive healing ele just doesn't have (you have to hard-cast heal as ele).
    Plus, you tag leech others' tagged mobs by healing them with an instant cast (or two, if you spec for Unleash Life for whatever reason) as well as tagging with flame shock.
    You can get through vanilla content just as fast, if not faster, as resto.
    I've done it, ele is a turd until later levels, and even then, it's still pretty poor tbh.

When leveling my 2nd shaman I was one shotting mobs as Resto, and 3 shotting them as Ele

Anyone telling you not to level as resto has no idea what they're talking about, at least at low levels. Until about 60ish resto will outdps ele/enh in both single target and aoe, and between 60-80 and onwards the 2 dps specs will slowly equal, then overtake it. I would consider enh at 66 when you get your instant heals, if you really don't want to level as resto. If you want to level as a caster, stick to resto until 78 when ele gets its mastery, then try it.