Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    15 Proudmoore Admiralty paragon boxes so far. No music box toy. This is getting pretty frustrating, that's 150,000 rep earned beyond exalted....ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch0s View Post
    15 Proudmoore Admiralty paragon boxes so far. No music box toy. This is getting pretty frustrating, that's 150,000 rep earned beyond exalted....ridiculous.
    I'm 24 boxes into Vulpera and no music box.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Since the way general moves these day, I wanted to re-post my old thread here in this sub forum.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...for-collectors

If mods dont like that, feel free to lock this.

----------------------

This thread I make now, goes over points I dont like about BFA from a collectors POV, which is yes, not many of us (Honestly, in WOD it was only like 50.000 players in WoW who truely grinds a lot....wonder what that number is now) is still a part of wow's playerbase.

1. A lot of worldquest this time is bound to achivements. Lucky addons like worldquestachiver helps on this, but its still stupid to keep achivements on RNG waiting. Legion also did this quit a bit, but BFA is even more - Also the new 8.1 achivements/collecting-WQs are heavy RNG, where you need the right zone with the right invasion WQ.

2. With BFA I had hoped they adressed vicisous saddeles, and in general made PvP more....Friendly, to all players. I dont know why I thought they would do this, but I did.

3. The "Tour" achivements for conquer of Azeroth screams win-trading, and every time I see somebody on the mount I check their achivement dates, and many times its win-traded aka they did the kills on same day for many of the achivements. I have 1 zone done so far...Been slacking sure, still avoid win-trading achivements, cause WE WILL win-trade with these systems...Think about bloodthirsty title how many win-trade that or abuse pvp systems back in 2012 etc.

4. Allied races. Why did all these things have their own achivement? You seriously want collectors to re-level classes they already have at 110? Also not allowing boost for achivements? Screw the transmog set, but at least make the boost count...missed $$$ !

5. Hord and alliance - SO MANY rewards are hord or alliance, aka I haft to play hord to get many of the rewards in BFA and vice versa if you are on hord. This is poor design forcing people to play faction they dont care about or loss out on many toys, mounts and what not else...

This is the HORD only stuff I need to do now in BFA: All hord factions exalted for mounts, quest line to hatch mount egg, there is a toy from story quest line, and other randomish toys, and some rewards dont count on hord if you bought on ally from vendors...Hope the 750 medal mount wont be like that...

6. Island exspendetions. While 8.1 is a good change, its still a clusterfuck. Island has crap tons of rewards and achivements. Its the longest grind in BFA by far, getting all the items and achivements is....well Why over-do it like this and add RNG on it`?

Here is my numbers: 1200 runs to get all rewards is a realistic number...Maybe 1000 runs. So 15 mins pr run mythic, times 1200 and you get about 300 hours of doing nothing but islands....

7. 400 mounts. Lets be real here, just give us a 450 or 500.

8. General things like warfront achivements, and other areas having RNG achivements you cant controle. There have been many grinds in BFA that has had A LOT of RNG tied to them.

9. I feel there is a bit many gold sink mounts in BFA - This is maybe OK, but even as a AH player who makes plenty of gold, I find it a bit much. Gold sinks is only aceptable if the rewards fits it...As in 5 million gold for a mount is fine cause we get AH NPC which is gr8, but the frogs 1 million gold was silly to buy.

Feel free to add your own issues. Honestly I just wish Islands wasen't a thing AT ALL, remove all rewards and the hole content. And then wise the hell up about faction-only rewards. WOD had 1 hord only mount, legion had....nothing IIRC? and BFA is stupid heavy on ally or hord only stuff. Im litterally lvling my hord charcter as my FIRST charcter in BFA, cause llvling new charcters only gives me better gold farming / proffesion achivements. Also they nerfed lvling through invasions over legion...Just why? Did it fully on my lvl 111 hord with full heirlooms and only got 25-30% of a level..
    So you have too much content as collector? They could drop some off it and focus to other parts of the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I'm 24 boxes into Vulpera and no music box.
    Fuck me....That is just preposterous : /

Quote Originally Posted by Lenis View Post
    So you have too much content as collector? They could drop some off it and focus to other parts of the game?
    No, just better content thats meaningful, and not bullshit grinds. Look, if 1 mount dropped from islands and you could control it, it would be more meaningfull.

A good example could be the kuafon mount on hord, yes gated crap but 30 days and your done.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I plan on doing all the island mounts at level 130 on a tank, gathering up the entire island on mythic and AEing it down. Definitely not doing it at current level.

I still say the +11 level legacy loot thing is the biggest problem for collectors in this expansion. That's a major bummer, and hugely impacted how I play the game. I don't do any Legion content at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I plan on doing all the island mounts at level 130 on a tank, gathering up the entire island on mythic and AEing it down. Definitely not doing it at current level.

I still say the +11 level legacy loot thing is the biggest problem for collectors in this expansion. That's a major bummer, and hugely impacted how I play the game. I don't do any Legion content at all.
    There's no guarantee whatsoever you'll be able to solo queue Islands at 130.

It certainly seems likely, and even if not someone else will be queuing in your region.

Update on the "Give me the Biggest Bag You've Got" achievement - Blizzard actually hotfixed the pet from Rockweed Shambler to be cageable and sellable on the AH. That hotfix changes it from being potentially the worst of the bunch into something just more expensive than the others to deal with (if you have the gold and didn't get lucky on a Rockweed Shambler kill, which are a pain in the ass to get).

With that done, the worst of the bunch will probably be the materials bags, though it's possible the paragon chest item will also end up being really bad for many (don't know yet, almost no one has gotten a paragon chest yet, so it depends on what the drop rate is for the paragon item). The material bags you have to get are:

"Mardivas' Bag of Containing"
    "Barnacled Bag of Goods"
    "Voidcaster's Supply Bag"

The good news is these drop from non-rare mobs. The bad news is the drop rate isn't just kind of rough, by reports, it's pretty insanely rough. You're probably looking at many hours of just spamming death in these places. It's likely the only time it'd really be worth farming for these things is if one of them is up as a world quest that day, allowing you to just stick with a premade quest group with people cycling in and out to speed up the rate of killing of the relevant mobs.

I don't know if certain Benthic armor traits impact the likelihood of the drop. (One of the glove traits says it increases the chance of Mardivas items, another benthic trait on certain bracers says it gives you a higher chance of getting ecosystem items, but the bags may not fall into those categories).

That's another one I'll be doing at level 130, just rounding up dozens of mobs and AEing them down.

Or level 70, more likely, cause they're gonna level squish.

Quote Originally Posted by Torvald View Post
    Update on the "Give me the Biggest Bag You've Got" achievement - Blizzard actually hotfixed the pet from Rockweed Shambler to be cageable and sellable on the AH. That hotfix changes it from being potentially the worst of the bunch into something just more expensive than the others to deal with (if you have the gold and didn't get lucky on a Rockweed Shambler kill, which are a pain in the ass to get).

With that done, the worst of the bunch will probably be the materials bags, though it's possible the paragon chest item will also end up being really bad for many (don't know yet, almost no one has gotten a paragon chest yet, so it depends on what the drop rate is for the paragon item). The material bags you have to get are:

"Barnacled Bag of Goods"

The good news is these drop from non-rare mobs. The bad news is the drop rate isn't just kind of rough, by reports, it's pretty insanely rough. You're probably looking at many hours of just spamming death in these places. It's likely the only time it'd really be worth farming for these things is if one of them is up as a world quest that day, allowing you to just stick with a premade quest group with people cycling in and out to speed up the rate of killing of the relevant mobs.

I don't know if certain Benthic armor traits impact the likelihood of the drop. (One of the glove traits says it increases the chance of Mardivas items, another benthic trait on certain bracers says it gives you a higher chance of getting ecosystem items, but the bags may not fall into those categories).
    Im only missing the paragon box toy (will hit exalted tonight or tomorrow), the pearlscent pet but it's buyable, Blind eye from Alga (been killing him almost every day), and the Barnacled Bag and I've been farming it on and off with both special gear equipped, doesn't seem to affect it. I'm waiting for more data on it on wowhead tbh. Oh, and I bought many pets from the list, because now the ah is full of them and they're dirt cheap on high pop realms.
    If the progress will be like it's been for me, then it is a huge step up from the TI achieve. Many stuff comes from the Trove Tracker achieve if I remember correctly. I'm scared from the toy droprate from the paragon box. :>
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-07-17 at 05:15 PM.

https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=...l-cosmic-power
    A minute of silence for all classes all specs mage tower folks that got nothing.

"Barnacled Bag of Goods"

I got the Voidcaster's Bag doing the WQ to unlock the chest, up north, yesterday (aka... killing Naga casters). It had 10x scrolls of the high-end Crit ring enchant in it, fwiw, which is actually kind of a nice drop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    A minute of silence for all classes all specs mage tower folks that got nothing.
    Okay yeah this is some bullshit.

Yeah, there's also no achievement for doing all "tools of the trade" questlines / crafting all of them. But yeah ofc something with forced pvp slapped on it? Always.

Not even sure if I should bother forcing myself to get all 3 pvp essences when probably the whole artifact business is gonna get retired at the end of BFA so RIP these achievement points.

P.S. Getting rank 4 on essences is also gonna be a pita for some collectors, afaik you have to kill mythic Azshara, get high pvp rating, luck on paragon boxes and do keystone master achievement in m+, which apparently needs to be the fresh one, season 1 / 2 doesn't count.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2019-07-18 at 03:58 PM.

"Barnacled Bag of Goods"

I got two of those bags to drop with pretty decent farming, but Zanj'ir weapon rack isn't dropping. I have killed over 700 nagas and nothing. That weapon rack and barnacled bag of goods are the only ones I'm missing from non rares, others are drops from rares only. Though barnacled bag can drop from Alga the eyeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    keystone master achievement in m+, which apparently needs to be the fresh one, season 1 / 2 doesn't count.
    I think in game it says Season 3 or later. I mean Balance of Power +15 tint was locked to Legion M+ but then they caved in and made it any +15.

I think in game it says Season 3 or later. I mean Balance of Power +15 tint was locked to Legion M+ but then they caved in and made it any +15.
    Yep, exactly, I lost lots of nerves trying to herd people together so we all get keystone master season 2 (people being late, constantly "having to drop out for a bit", then mad we did "the only key he needed" when he was gone, then having to redo missing keys for all the subs for late / missing people) and now I have to redo it for season 3.

I swear they wouldn't tell the raid leader "I just have to go for 20 mins walk a dog" in the middle of a raid (and then taking upwards to 1h because they also needed a smoke / coffee / go to the shop around the corner etc.), but for scheduled m+ event? Well I guess I'm not GM / officer / raid leader so they didn't give a fuck. Even though I arranged it at the start of the season, gave them 3 week heads up and then another 1 week heads up. And yes, it was done in similar hours as the guild's raiding schedule after BODA was on farm and we downscaled the raiding hours.

So yeah, quite pissed I have to do it again especially after getting "feedback" from these "team members" that "never again" and "it took too long". Btw we failed timer only on 1 key. Rest was constantly rerolling keys and trying to get everything done for the ~7-8 people total that contributed because I couldn't have a stable team of the same 5 due to their attitude.

"Hell is other people" was never more true, the dungeons themselves weren't even that hard, despite no one involved being a "m+ pusher".

P.S. Balance of power existed from Legion start, so you didn't have any issue of having to redo retroactively some activities because of something added mid xpac. Plus you could do m+15 or archeology etc. before finishing Balance of Power and it would count afterwards.

AND BLIZZTARDS DOES IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I MEAN HOLLY FUCK, THEY JUST CANT HELP THEM SELFS...THEY CANT!

https://www.wowhead.com/item=167170/...veray#comments

"So to get both mounts since both can be used by both factions, you need to have:
    a character on both factions
    both need to be exalted
    and both need to farm 250 Prismatic Manapearls
    Is that some kind of joke?
    So if you didn't already do Two Sides to Every Tale then I'd suggest you do that too, because you will need to waste your time on an alt of the opposite faction anyways ...

(I'd appreciate a way to make the reputation farm a little bit easier/faster. Doing all the work twice is a little bit demoralizing.)

Happy farming! ... yay ...
    Last edited by Drakano 8 hr 26 min ago (Patch 8.2.0)"

Comment on wowhead...RIP, just wow 10/10.

BFA is just cancer for us collectors, blizzard hates us.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Omm. Umm. Uhm. I'm probably superlate noticing this but there is a mount from Unshakled/Ankoan paragon box..................

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Soundless and the Mechagon rares are a nightmare to farm thanks to their stupidly long spawn time. You can be waiting upwards of an hour for a spawn on the Mechagon rares and get nothing. Soundless is even worse with his 8 hour respawn time.