farming a TW set

Does farming a TW set really matter or doesn:t make too much difference, dps wise?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

It doesn't matter anymore. They nerfed gem slots and tier set bonuses in timewalking. It used to matter but it was fun so they had to nerf it.

Never mattered, it's a little min-maxing exercise for people that hoard gear or farm old content. I still use them because you get scaled down to unplayable amounts of haste and have to carry underleveled characters in your group.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    It doesn't matter anymore. They nerfed gem slots and tier set bonuses in timewalking. It used to matter but it was fun so they had to nerf it.
    fun? what do you think this is? a game?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    They nerfed gem slots
    That's plain wrong.
    Gem Slots still work, you just have to use BC-Gems (they costs nothing at all) or Gems who matching the iLv requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    Never mattered, it's a little min-maxing exercise for people that hoard gear or farm old content. I still use them because you get scaled down to unplayable amounts of haste and have to carry underleveled characters in your group.
    Idk, I played the TW last night, it was actually good with my fully gemmed TW set, lego cloak, two legiondaries, the ring from ICC, WoD and two dps cleave trinkets (MoP and Cata). Worked fine for me. I must admit I didn't look at the values of the gems, tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mistwalker Nirmala View Post
    That's plain wrong.
    Gem Slots still work, you just have to use BC-Gems (they costs nothing at all) or Gems who matching the iLv requirement.
    Gems got hit by the 8.0 stat squish, BC gems are now +6.