Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kill Broccoli View Post
    I actually think loot should be increased but needs proper distribution.

In BFA with no guild until recently and very very little effort doing m+, i got to 365 without even seeing Uldir. My gear was heroic raid ready by doing trivial stuff like collecting azerite from non elite elementals.
    I agree with Preach on the subject: all this easy gear is the reason why the wast majority of the players cannot get past mythic mother and can hardly close in time a +7. They're overgeared for the easier content, do not learn anything about their class or mechanics because with all that gear simply spamming random spells gets the job done, and when stuff gets trickier, they're useless.

By contrast, it sucks a lot invest 30/40 minutes into a m+ to get no loot at all at the end, or get stuck with the same low level weapon for ages because of rng. And this hurts much more the casual gamer who has a limited time to play than the kid or the pro who can spend 5+ hrs a day running dungeons to gear up.
    Blizz thinks that this is the way to keep people playing longer, i say it's stupid, force us doing the same 2/3 stuff each day and week to gear up, leaving behind other things in game just due to time. I remember having lots of time to do pvp in the past expansions because i was properly geared without being stuck in dungeons all the time, now bg's or old content are for the very end of each season, or major holidays.

My solutions: ilvl should be world content<m+<raiding
    Every m+ should get you 1 loot item appropriate for the difficulty, no war or titanforging to falsify your results.
    I think that a gear vendor to fill up the gaps in every slot should be a must, not just azerite.
    Master loot should return for full guild runs, this personal only is good just for pugs.
    Increase loot? We have to remove sources of loot. M+ and 5-man dungeons must be a versatile end game content for small grps. Its in great place. What we do need is to remove all other sources of loot. Emissaries, Warfronts (scrap the whole idea), Incursion rewards etc. Every source that lets you get gear equal to do a m+ 10 or Hc raid. There need to be a progress for you to gear. No catch up. The game is made for casuals and the numbers are dropping.

Real life is not made for casuals. We need to work to achive stuff. Otherwise everything gets pointless and boring.

It's not insane if you scale properly the ilvl reward. M+ loot should not be better than raid gear, possibly not normal, definitely not heroic. Ideal example would be

LFR 345
    M+ 10 355
    Normal 365
    Heroic 375
    Myth 385
    You actually think M+10 ranks below normal mode in difficulty?

no they should be reduced everywhere flipping else though. its obnoxious.

Yea, let's go back to 2 drops per boss per week for 40 players. Considering raids are 20 players now each boss should only drop 1 item.

if they lowered loot drop rates they would also have to remove tf/wf and the amount of variation of loot, nothing would be worse then spending ages grinding for 1 item and always getting something different due to the sheer amount of items that could drop

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You actually think M+10 ranks below normal mode in difficulty?
    Not now obviously but i think they should (scaled accordingly).
    I mean, except for few complex affix combinations week where you have to actually do something, most of the time a m+ is just a gear challenge. Higher key, more gear needed.
    I don't think is appropriate that you can get the same ilvl loot from running freehold than defeating zul.

Not now obviously but i think they should (scaled accordingly).
    I mean, except for few complex affix combinations week where you have to actually do something, most of the time a m+ is just a gear challenge. Higher key, more gear needed.
    I don't think is appropriate that you can get the same ilvl loot from running freehold than defeating zul.
    Doing +10s and below is not a gear challenge but rather smart play and knowing your class plus affixes.
    I mean i've seen people with 380 ilvl and still failing +10s because they either don't know their rotation and openers or they pull wrong packs and never interrupt anything.
    HC Uldir isn't even hard to begin with.

Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    No, I'd rather keep titanforging.

I mean - think about how it used to be.

You'd have to gear up in dungeons and raids, or pvp, and you couldn't really do heroic dungeons until you geared in normal dungeons, and you couldn't really do raids until you geared in heroic dungeons, and you couldn't really do the harder raid content until you farmed the first raid for gear.

Linear gear progression; I am not saying this is the answer; but I feel like people would play a lot longer and more if it was linear, except RNG?

Quote Originally Posted by Voidywoidy View Post
    Why is that a good thing though? Why should we just blitz through everything thanks to how much gear drops for everyone? Perhaps if gear wasn't such a common and wasteful thing, content wouldn't dry out as fast.
    Instead people would complain about how they're timegated/artificially slowed/forced in raids/Blizzard wants to pad subs/RNG sucks/etc. If there's one thing one should learn about the community, it's that parts of it will always complain.

Myself I do think that having so many sources of Heroic-level gear from easier content (dungeon weekly, invasions, Warfronts, Emissaries) is overkill. Warfronts and Emissaries at least shouldn't reward gear which is that good on a consistent basic. A currency system separate from Residuum that allows casual players to build up to non-Azerite pieces from open world content would be better than a guaranteed piece every few hours/days. It devalues LFR, Normal and Mythic+0 (and lower keys) too much when you can do easier, faster open world content and get equivalent or better gear.

But as for other issues, I'm not too concerned. Yeah, a guildie of ours has only killed Taloc and MOTHER and is 383 to our guild's 386 average. But we have better Azerite pieces and better statted pieces as well so our gear remains a lot better, and he has to make do with trinkets that are not as good. Lucky for him that he's a DK as well so he got the Taloc weapon; if he were, say, a Hunter he'd still have a 370. To me that isn't a big issue, Mythic raiders get the best gear very fast, Heroic raiders who dip their toes and do M+ eventually get near us but it takes them a long time and they will never be equal in power.

Quote Originally Posted by Reachie View Post
    I mean - think about how it used to be.

You'd have to gear up in dungeons and raids, or pvp, and you couldn't really do heroic dungeons until you geared in normal dungeons, and you couldn't really do raids until you geared in heroic dungeons, and you couldn't really do the harder raid content until you farmed the first raid for gear.

Linear gear progression; I am not saying this is the answer; but I feel like people would play a lot longer and more if it was linear, except RNG?
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by seasy View Post
    Doing +10s and below is not a gear challenge but rather smart play and knowing your class plus affixes.
    I mean i've seen people with 380 ilvl and still failing +10s because they either don't know their rotation and openers or they pull wrong packs and never interrupt anything.
    HC Uldir isn't even hard to begin with.
    I'm sorry but i don't see any exceptional smart play and class knowledge required from teeming, or fortified, or quaking, or skittish. It's just move a little more and do more dps/heal. That's it. The only affixes that somehow makes you really think at what you are doing are bolstering/infested/bursting

People with 380 failing +10 are there because it's too easy to gear to 370/380 with solo easy content like assaults and emissaries. Those people are the same that will fail a +4, they are at 10 only because they beat the lower keys by being overgeared for them.

Not a fan of only 1 mythic mount dropping per 20 people personally

Everyone keeps saying getting rid of warforing/titanforging, but the reality is that the system will probably not go away anytime soon. So how can you work with the current system to alleviate the issue to some degree?

Personally, I'd be okay with being allowed to upgrade your gear with currency (call it Justice/Valor Points, residuum, whatever) to the max ilvl allowed. For example, you could currently get lucky with a trinket that titanforges ilvl 400, or you can upgrade your 385 trinket with currency to reach 400 ilvl. Allows you to have BiS, and you can get lucky with a titanforge or take some time upgrade your loot with currency. Blizz could even make crafting professions upgrade gear if you really wanted, making the armor crafting professions actually useful in the process. You could get currency in a similar fashion to residuum or sanguicell or <insert random currency> to purchase scaling upgrades, as well. I'd like anything that would make my LWing actually useful for armor.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville