22 39.29%
  • new idea

2 3.57%
  • buy them

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo!
    I actually only played SF2 Champion Edition (Mega Drive) and SF2 Turbo (SNES), but never SSF2 Turbo. After that I was playing the Alpha games on the PS1 and Saturn, with the Saturn version heavily preferred because of the more suited controller, though I suppose if you had a stick it's neither here nor there. I bought 30th Anniversary collection today for Switch, time to dive back in.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I like playing Tekken 7. But I always didn't like the fact that a lot of characters are closed. Fortunately, there are always guides out there like this one on how to open them. In general hidden characters are a common thing in fighting games. I think it mostly done to motivate people play more so it's not such a bad thing. If you like the game you will eventually open them all.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2021-01-28 at 12:15 AM.

As long as it not something stupid like DLC or Loot Boxes. I would prefer to just sit down and play the game. I don't need bragging rights... especially in a fighting game. I can let my skill do the bragging... however, if I can't play certain characters because you have to beat Nightmare difficulty with this one character (which I don't care for) using a predetermined attack sequence... then yeah I'd rather just have the character from the start. Let me play and enjoy the game. If I never want to touch certain characters that should be fine.

EDIT: And beating the game a set amount of times like 20 or 100 can fuck right off. It's not challenging it's tedious.
    Last edited by Lodreh; 2021-01-20 at 02:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    If the requirements to unlock characters are reasonable (ie, play through arcade mode once as X character, and you unlock Y character), I don't have a problem with that. If it's some bullshit grind like "once you complete the story mode on the highest difficulty as every character 10 times, you get to play a slot machine for a chance to unlock a random character" then no. Fuck that.

As for DLC...it depends. If a fighting game has Leatherface as a playable character, but he's DLC, I'm okay with that because he's a guest character. If I'm looking at the character select screen in a Street Fighter game and see grayed out portraits with shopping cart icons on them for characters like Ryu or Chun-Li, we have a problem.

edit: just noticed this was like a 2-year-old necro. Oh well.
    Last edited by avitush; 2021-01-22 at 06:17 PM.

I used trainers to unlock all characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    As for DLC...it depends. If a fighting game has Leatherface as a playable character, but he's DLC, I'm okay with that because he's a guest character. If I'm looking at the character select screen in a Street Fighter game and see grayed out portraits with shopping cart icons on them for characters like Ryu or Chun-Li, we have a problem.
    GOD I actually kinda hate that. To me If they were playable without DLC in the previous game they shouldn't be DLC in the NEXT game. Fuck if they were a part of the core cast they DEFINTELY shouldn't be DLC...IE Shang Tsung, Mileena, Guile, Sagat, Balrog, Blanka, and E Honda

Closing due to thread necro.