Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Am I surprised to see no mention of protection warriors? Oh wait, no real selfhealing with ridiculous amounts . . .
    Yep. Prot warriors get the short end of the stick once again because they have no self healing.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Nah it's not I am just puzzled why people bother attacking tanks, I see a pally tank I leave him alone because I know it will best case be a slow and boring fight that I am probably never going to win. I also had a discipline priest attack me. We both would not be able to kill each-other so we wasted 10 minutes of our time with no winner. Again I was like WHY DO YOU ATTACK ME?! xD
    Can't always tell if some classes are tanks just by looks. Warriors and Paladins give it away by the shields. Bears are .... bears. But DK and DH can easily be mistaken for DPS.

    Another thing, being a tank shouldn't immediately mean the person is not able to be killed, so of course someone in WM will see someone else in WM and want to engage in... W.

  3. #23
    And then you have the degenerates that roll prot paladin and enter arena. lol
    DK faceroll omnomnom

  4. #24
    One of my worst PVP experiences ever was me (Blood DK) and another Blood DK fighting over a mining node in Hyjal. I eventually decided to give up and leave. He kept chasing / snaring / gripping me back and I was too proud to let him kill me so I kept self-healing. This 1v1 fight literally went on for 20 minutes and only ended when I told my guild about it and they decided to come out and kill the guy for me.

    Good times.

    Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

  5. #25
    I had a Tank DH run after my prot pally for 10 minutes, the guy never understood that he couldn't kill me even after typing /cry at him 20 times. So I just ran and did my quests until someone else showed up so we could kill him. He rezzed and came back for more!

  6. #26
    When I'm on the prowl with my rogue buddies, noone is safe. You better believe those tanks are gonna get it. Once they pop their trinket, it goes stunlock -> blind into sap until DR wears off -> stunlock and CC again, if necessary.

    You wouldn't believe how even tanks people panic when they see two to three rogues opening up on them. It's like the imprinted fear of snakes.

  7. #27
    In legion with those vanish powders I used to go after tanks, they get so mad when they get ganked especially by a rogue resetting a million times. I just don't like the people who play tanks so I got way more satisfaction killing them than other specs.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    In legion with those vanish powders I used to go after tanks, they get so mad when they get ganked especially by a rogue resetting a million times. I just don't like the people who play tanks so I got way more satisfaction killing them than other specs.
    Not only those but the poison darts, too. It's like somebody from at Blizz with a rogue main snuck these items in to make sure rogues would never ever lose a confrontation in WPvP. Perhaps that person got fired for BfA.

  9. #29
    every enemy is kill on sight for me, even if i may end up dieing, i dont know how well the other knows how to play his class and i am quite confident about playing multiple specs in pvp

    so tanks are no exception for me. i will attack them, willing to take the risk
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

  10. #30
    Ive yet to 1v1 someone in world content i cant shred on my dh or monk. Tank, healer or dps :P by all means come fight me on your tank, you'll only get kited to death.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Hey, I have been leveling my DK Tank and always had WM on, any PvP 1v1 situation I encountered I have been victorious. And even now while I am max level and decent gear I see people engage me in PvP (I don't attack unless provoked) except now I don't even lose any HP anymore because of my gear. Just yesterday when I was peacefully doing my world quest a rogue and DH tried to ambush me. I focused down the rogue while not even dipping below 90% HP until he vanished and then attacked the DH. A heal druid came to help which I just grabbed and focused until he died. There was no threat whatsoever for me ever dying. And this keeps happening to me. When I see tanks in open world I avoid them like the plague, not only does it take forever to kill them, more often than not any resistance is futile especially DK and Pally tanks will just out-sustain your dps/heal. I am always like, why the hell are you wasting my and your time with a fight that I will win 99% of the time unless you get 3+ ppl on me with proper stun-lock coordination.

    Any fellow tanks that have WM on and get attacked as often as me?
    You just ran into bad players. Not really thread worthy. Granted, yes tanks are durable in world PvP, but they aren't anywhere unbeatable. The difference comes with playstyle. You constantly engage with your mitigation and healing abilities, it's just how Blood DK is played. For a leveling rogue all they ever do is stealth, ambush, build combo once, and the mob is dead. They haven't learned their class enough to go against another class where the player is using more abilities and thus more of that classes potential.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    You just ran into bad players. Not really thread worthy. Granted, yes tanks are durable in world PvP, but they aren't anywhere unbeatable. The difference comes with playstyle. You constantly engage with your mitigation and healing abilities, it's just how Blood DK is played. For a leveling rogue all they ever do is stealth, ambush, build combo once, and the mob is dead. They haven't learned their class enough to go against another class where the player is using more abilities and thus more of that classes potential.
    To be fair, I'll always bet on the skilled tank over anyone else in a 1v1. Unless you're a prot warrior or vastly undergeared, no single player should take you down without some form of assistance.

  13. #33
    Scarab Lord Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    4,764
    Dunno what you mean, i melt tanks.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodravel View Post
    When I'm on the prowl with my rogue buddies, noone is safe. You better believe those tanks are gonna get it. Once they pop their trinket, it goes stunlock -> blind into sap until DR wears off -> stunlock and CC again, if necessary.

    You wouldn't believe how even tanks people panic when they see two to three rogues opening up on them. It's like the imprinted fear of snakes.
    Sounds like pure skill....
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Sounds like pure skill....
    WPvP never was about skill. It's about oportunity and mischief, especially if you're a rogue.

  16. #36
    Legendary! jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    6,320
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Sounds like pure skill....
    WPvP has historically been about using everything you can to your advantage.

    Need I remind you of Vurtne's engineering shenanigans in Vanilla?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  17. #37
    Don't really see the point of explaining special shenanigans on how to gank someone 3v1 tbh?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •