Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I'm an atheist, which is the most discriminated against minority in the US.

So uh, suck it. Where is my atheist character in Overwatch?

- - - Updated - - -

I would actually be scrutinizing it more, because it's boring as shit.
    Bastion I guess

All of them? Because I'm pretty sure that none of the characters are religious because religion is EVIL... unless it's, you know, Islam.

- - - Updated - - -

I would actually be scrutinizing it more, because it's boring as shit.
    You mean like Reaper?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    I don't get the big deal? Imagine in 2019 being upset by a characters orientation?
    All I see is pandering for the "notice me, senpai" crowd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Wow, if boring and pointless virtue signaling was gameplay, maybe Overwatch would be a good game!
    Why do you care what kind of genitals 76 prefers? The whole comic/story is to add background to the characters and flesh them out, and 76's comic came out 2 years ago.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Winston and Hammond obviously, being the slights against god that they are!

OT, cool, neat, I'm sure someone somewhere will be mad over this.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda sad that this lessen the fan theory that his daughter is the girl with jets

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    I don't view the media in terms of their sexual representation. Only the information they're trying to convey. I don't purposely divide things into straight or not. That is a huge waste of energy.
    Do you know how important as a child it would have been for me to be able to play as an openly gay character in a video game? Normalizing sexual orientations and some of the other minorities/expressions that Overwatch does is a huge step in the right direction whether you can't or won't see it

This makes no sense. Gay people dont like guns, we like shopping

Might give Paladins a go. Then I'll be finally done with nublizz, besides the odd HOTS game here and there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
    To all the hater: Representation matters

In Overwatch we have:
    LGBTQ
    Autism
    Variety of ages
    Body positivity
    Non conforming gender expression
    Many different races and cultures
    Professions
    Family dynamics

Those are just the ones I could think of. I think its wonderful that they have created a game where many people can find a character they can identify with. The characters in Overwatch are diverse...like the world
    If they did this in 1980 i would applaude and support them. Doing this in 2018/19 is just pandering and PR. But evidently the kind of people who applaude this like to cheer on fake ass PR statements while patting each other in the back.

Cool. Story isnt made awkward and isnt hamfisted into the lore. I dont see why people would be upset.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Did you look at the actual comic? Would you feel the same way if the person in the picture with him was a woman named Victoria instead of a man named Vincent?
    They're creating unrealistic worlds to appease a vocal minority. As was stated already, they hit almost every group of "oppressed" folks. When a game has 25ish characters, and almost a quarter or a half are gay... That isn't reality. That is them trying to squeeze into this weird SJ thing going on.

about 10% of the human population is gay, I would assume at least one of them in the game would be too lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    let's change the game's name from overwatch to overboard while we are at it.

on a more serious note, if i was gay, i wouldn't care if a few pixels are also gay. it's just me though, maybe it is THAT important for a certain group of people. i mean, i am an atheist but i don't feel particularly happy if/when i see another atheist, let alone a fictional character.

let the sjw rain begin !
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    .001%?

You really think that 99.999% of blizz playerbase is straight and non-LGBT?

You'd be surprised how many gamers are gay, I meet tons on various games. Hell recently a majority of people ive met playing games were gay, surprising to me.
    I think the younger generation coming up is a bit more confused about life, and their sexuality in general. So no, it wouldn't surprise me. But of the few gamer friends and non-gamer friends I have that aren't straight. They hate this kind of virture signaling, they want to just be like everyone else. They don't want the attention on who they are or want it plastered all over the place. I'm also in my 30s, as are most of them, so they aren't this younger crowd that want's everything to be in their favor. And special treatment because they consider themselves different.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    They even have a meat head straight guy (in Reinhardt) so all the crying man babies are represented!
    Well they included all them so you who are represented would quit crying and bitching about not being included.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    All I see is pandering for the "notice me, senpai" crowd.
    Heaven forbid normal people with normal orientations have representation in a normal way in a mainstream game. Oh, the horror!
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
    To all the hater: Representation matters

In Overwatch we have:
    LGBTQ
    Autism
    Variety of ages
    Body positivity
    Non conforming gender expression
    Many different races and cultures
    Professions
    Family dynamics

Those are just the ones I could think of. I think its wonderful that they have created a game where many people can find a character they can identify with. The characters in Overwatch are diverse...like the world
    Still blatant sexism when all the animal characters are male.

Just saying.

Don't remember the last time I played Overwatch. This just makes me not want to play it at all again.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing