Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    you need fat for digestion of food and absorbing nutrients fucking read a book

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...r/art-20044256

Hey look i can read.. and it says drink more than 64oz a day. that took 3 seconds to look up what i already knew but i figured youd want a source
    Umm you said that you need fat for weight loss, not food digestion. You can absolutely lose weight without fat in your diet (is it healthy is another question). Also the OP said he eats lean meats, not that he eats a 100% fat free diet. You don't need as much fat in your diet as you clearly think.

What i like to tell to fat people is that if they are failling at losing weight, come live with me and i can guarantee you, 100%, that you will lose weight as long as you eat exactly what i eat every day, nothing more (you can eat less if you want, no prob with that). Im not vegan, i love meat too much. I dont restrict myself on what i can and cannot eat. It's all about the quantity. It's not magic.

I laugh every time i see someone complaining on how they cannot lose weight and yet just their breakfast in the morning is more food then my whole day.... cmon now lol

I've been losing and gaining weight again for several years now, high point 145kg, low point 90kg. Right now I'm up to 122kg again, and there is really nothing else to say other than that it was 100% my own fault.

You just gotte stick with it. If you gain weight, you are eating more, and moving less than you should.

Honestly it doesn't matter if you make your own juices, pretty much all orange juices you can buy are without added sugar and even then it's more calories than coke and contains tons of sugar.
    I'd recommend not drinking any calories whatsoever, with possibly the exception of proteindrinks.
    No matter what drink it is it's just wasted calories that should be spent on food.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...r/art-20044256

Hey look i can read.. and it says drink more than 64oz a day. that took 3 seconds to look up what i already knew but i figured youd want a source
    If you claim you can read, you should know that fluid intake is not just the water you drink but also the water in food you eat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    This is actually really horrible advice to give someone. Yes water is better for you than coke. Tea and juice actually have just as much sugar in them as cokes do. Some times juice has MORE calories and sugar in them than cokes do. For the past 4 years I drink nothing but bottled water with those singles-to-go flavor packets for flavoring. One bottle with one packet has 0-10 calories and no sugar. I rarely drink soda, Starbucks, smoothies, or teas. I will have them when we go out to eat somewhere but seeing how we don't even eat out once a week that's a hardly ever situation.
    Tea has no sugar. Stop adding sugar to your tea.

No I tried lifestyle changes (keto & Adkins are lifestyle changes) along with exercising (which included one time going to a personal trainer 3 times a week for 6 months). When I was 19 years old I tried eating a salad 2 meals a day (no dressing) and ate eggs in the morning with some fruit. I dropped almost 30lbs in a month doing that and dropped another 20 the month after that. I ended up gaining it all back within a year. Every single time I've done a diet I have ALWAYS included an exercise program with it where I worked out a minimum of 3 days a week. I hardly ever eat out because quite frankly I can't afford to do it. I cook (and always have) meals that use little to no oil and select lean meats when I cook dinner. I lived with my in-laws for 2 years where they cooked nothing but ground turkey and boneless/skinless chicken. I gained weight while living there. I got the surgery because I NEEDED to have that malabsorption to lose & keep the weight off. My vitamin levels are all where they should be because my primary doctor monitors my blood every 2 months. I take 2 Flintstone's vitamins daily and get all my protein in with food without having to supplement with shakes and I get 64-100oz of water in daily. But thanks for showing us you're an ass....
    I bet you were cheating on your diet a lot more than you know. Or your portions were huuuuuge. Anyway there were no fat people in concentration camps. Really you are what you eat. You can't gain weight if you eat small amounts of food.

last year my friend did the surgery where they turn your stomach into a sleeve and she lost a fair amount of weight (at least 100lbs) but once she was able to basically eat food again and drink coffee she went right back to eating shit food then complains when her stomach can't handle it and she throws up. She is also apparently unable to take her vitamins properly (ever heard of an alarm clock?) which has resulted in her getting the shakes several times because she's become deficient in something. Lately she's been complaining that she stopped losing weight...i wonder why...tbh its really quite annoying to hear her complain

just goes to show that even with a surgery like that it doesn't really matter if you refuse to change your diet and continue to refuse to do any kind of exercise. she's going to wind up making all the shit she went through just to get the surgery in the first place completely worthless at the rate she's going
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You look great! Nice job

- - - Updated - - -

There are a lot of sad, bitter, and angry people here. Just ignore them.
    QFT. MMO-C is full of bitter, bored and sad people.

Grats on the weightloss. Keep it up man! Enjoy the lower weight and keep after that healthy lifestyle. Good job!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    1. I still drink a lot of dr pepper. That's a lot of empty calories. I should quit due to my teeth alone.

2. Up until recently I was bad about planning meals. I'd just grab a little ceasors pizza or some other fast food. This made my wallet lighter for sure.
    I'll give you this one suggestion to get over your Dr Pepper addiction. Try using those singles to go flavor packets. They have like a million different flavors and if you have a dollar store or dollar general locally you can get a pack of 6-10 for only $1. My favorite regular soda is A&W root beer and they have a flavor packet of those but I didn't care too much for it. The A&W cream soda one is actually amazing. My & my boyfriend's fave flavor packets are Margaritaville Strawberry, Crush strawberry & berry blue (seriously takes exactly like a Crush soda), and Crystal Lite's cherry pomegranate flavor. Next time you're at the grocery store check them out. They've got 0-10 calories per packet and most are sugar free. You'll give up your Dr Pepper in no time! Oh and even post-op there are times we'll grab a Little Caesar's pizza because we've been out doing crap all day and we're too tired to cook. Also because my boyfriend works late at a dojo on Tuesday nights we normally pick up something that night if I didn't have a chance to put something in the crockpot that morning. So even eating out occasionally you can still eat "right" and lose weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Tea has no sugar. Stop adding sugar to your tea.
    Tea with no sugar is just disgusting. Too bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    I bet you were cheating on your diet a lot more than you know. Or your portions were huuuuuge. Anyway there were no fat people in concentration camps. Really you are what you eat. You can't gain weight if you eat small amounts of food.
    Nope didn't cheat once when I was doing any of those diets or change of lifestyle. Portions were proper as well. And just so you know, those people in concentration camps were lucky if they ate ONCE a day. That's why they weren't fat as you say. Funny how being starved because certain people thought you were not human can make you lose tons of weight....

Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    last year my friend did the surgery where they turn your stomach into a sleeve and she lost a fair amount of weight (at least 100lbs) but once she was able to basically eat food again and drink coffee she went right back to eating shit food then complains when her stomach can't handle it and she throws up. She is also apparently unable to take her vitamins properly (ever heard of an alarm clock?) which has resulted in her getting the shakes several times because she's become deficient in something. Lately she's been complaining that she stopped losing weight...i wonder why...tbh its really quite annoying to hear her complain

just goes to show that even with a surgery like that it doesn't really matter if you refuse to change your diet and continue to refuse to do any kind of exercise. she's going to wind up making all the shit she went through just to get the surgery in the first place completely worthless at the rate she's going
    Not sure if your friend had the gastric bypass or gastric sleeve done but it sounds like it might have been the sleeve. The sleeve doesn't have as good of results in the long term as the bypass because the pouch left for your stomach is larger than in a bypass. The size of your pouch after the sleeve is about the size of a small banana and literally the same shape. After a bypass your stomach is 4-8oz in size which is a fraction of what the old stomach was. The vitamin thing is just her being lazy. Most people only have to take vitamins once a day. I take mine at night with my antidepressants & sleeping pill just so I don't have to worry about taking it in the morning. The eating shit food is 100% on her though. That's her choice in what she ate. For me, after the surgery I can't stomach (hehe get it stomach) home brewed coffee for some reason but I can have a small Starbucks caramel mocha every once in a great while. Home brewed coffee makes me sick to my stomach so I stay clear of it most of the time. The most ironic thing about my surgery is before surgery I had a cup of coffee every morning with my breakfast and if I felt tired in the early evening I'd have another one while my boyfriend never drank coffee EVER. Now he drinks coffee almost every day and I have it once in a blue moon lol.

Fair, but don't blame my tea for your preferences. It's got enough problems with worthless adjectives like "unsweetened" attached to it like polyps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post

regrettably, this is why many people get refused this type of surgery. You still have to want to lose weight, and usually they make you prove it before they allow the surgery.

Also, how do you forget a thing you need to live when most people carry the best alarm clock you could ever ask for in their pocket/purse? I don't understand.

This is actually really horrible advice to give someone. Yes water is better for you than coke. Tea and juice actually have just as much sugar in them as cokes do. Some times juice has MORE calories and sugar in them than cokes do. For the past 4 years I drink nothing but bottled water with those singles-to-go flavor packets for flavoring. One bottle with one packet has 0-10 calories and no sugar. I rarely drink soda, Starbucks, smoothies, or teas. I will have them when we go out to eat somewhere but seeing how we don't even eat out once a week that's a hardly ever situation.

- - - Updated - - -

The recommended water consumption for your average person is only 8 8oz glasses per day. That's a total of 64oz. I drink that much and then some. Try knowing what you're talking about next time before you spout bullshit.
    Even if juice has more sugar than coke(I highly doubt that), if you get not from concentrate 100% juice, the sugar itself is still a better sugar because it's real sugar.

No I tried lifestyle changes (keto & Adkins are lifestyle changes) along with exercising (which included one time going to a personal trainer 3 times a week for 6 months). When I was 19 years old I tried eating a salad 2 meals a day (no dressing) and ate eggs in the morning with some fruit. I dropped almost 30lbs in a month doing that and dropped another 20 the month after that. I ended up gaining it all back within a year. Every single time I've done a diet I have ALWAYS included an exercise program with it where I worked out a minimum of 3 days a week. I hardly ever eat out because quite frankly I can't afford to do it. I cook (and always have) meals that use little to no oil and select lean meats when I cook dinner. I lived with my in-laws for 2 years where they cooked nothing but ground turkey and boneless/skinless chicken. I gained weight while living there. I got the surgery because I NEEDED to have that malabsorption to lose & keep the weight off. My vitamin levels are all where they should be because my primary doctor monitors my blood every 2 months. I take 2 Flintstone's vitamins daily and get all my protein in with food without having to supplement with shakes and I get 64-100oz of water in daily. But thanks for showing us you're an ass....
    Just because you're a "special" case, doesn't mean everyone needs surgery. Many people lose weight and go back to their old diets and sedentary lifestyle. Many people say they do a bunch of diet stuff and shit when they don't count all the snacks they eat on the side. Some people give up after 3 days then bitch and whine cause they're fat.

I was nearly as fat as you in the first picture, now I'm buff and lean, sure, my skin is stripey and a little loose, but that's what you get for getting so fat.

All you need is willpower. I stand by this no matter what people say.

I only drink camomile and peppermint tea, always without sugar, and they don't taste bitter to me at all. But aside from that, I mainly drink still water. I used to drink lemonade almost exclusively, every day, when I was younger, but a few years ago I made the switch to get used to drinking only water. I love water now. It has no taste, of course, but that lets you focus on what the real purpose of drinking is to begin with. Staying hydrated. Taste just gets in the way. Then you start drinking because something tastes good, or because you're addicted to the sugar, and not because you are thirsty. Drinking like half a bottle of water when you're really thirsty is like the most amazing thing in the world.

Every now and then I drink a coke, or a milkshake, an energy drink or a non-alcoholic cocktail, but I try to only do that on rare occasions.

Losing weight is all about controlling what you eat and drink and how much of it, plus being physically active. Staying away from sugar as much as possible should be the first step. If someone is already failing at that, it doesn't surprise me if that person has trouble losing weight.

I only drink camomile and peppermint tea, always without sugar, and they don't taste bitter to me at all. But aside from that, I mainly drink still water. I used to drink lemonade almost exclusively, every day, when I was younger, but a few years ago I made the switch to get used to drinking only water. I love water now. It has no taste, of course, but that lets you focus on what the real purpose of drinking is to begin with. Staying hydrated. Taste just gets in the way. Then you start drinking because something tastes good, or because you're addicted to the sugar, and not because you are thirsty. Drinking like half a bottle of water when you're really thirsty is like the most amazing thing in the world.

Every now and then I drink a coke, or a milkshake, an energy drink or a non-alcoholic cocktail, but I try to only do that on rare occasions.

Losing weight is all about controlling what you eat and drink and how much of it, plus being physically active. Staying away from sugar as much as possible should be the first step. If someone is already failing at that, it doesn't surprise me if that person has trouble losing weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Umm you said that you need fat for weight loss, not food digestion. You can absolutely lose weight without fat in your diet (is it healthy is another question). Also the OP said he eats lean meats, not that he eats a 100% fat free diet. You don't need as much fat in your diet as you clearly think.
    fruits and veggies are the OP's best friends.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Grats on the weight loss there are some people that really struggle with it my gf has a thyroid issue that makes it way harder for her to lose weight i'm overweight myself but i have lost the weight a few times and gained it back because i like to eat bad shit lol i don't think i could do the bypass thing just because i like enjoy large amounts of food sometimes even if i have to diet a little to make up for those 40 hot wings i tried to eat or 50 something pieces of sushi but really good on you for wanting to get more healthy it does take some will power.
    Pretend i said something witty and profound.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Even if juice has more sugar than coke(I highly doubt that), if you get not from concentrate 100% juice, the sugar itself is still a better sugar because it's real sugar.
    That's a myth, but it's better for you than soda because of the vitamins.

Fruit juice is generally bad though. It has all the calories of the fruit and none of the substance to make you feel full. This is a very bad thing and a trap a lot of people fall into.

5+ Year Old Account
    Keto is rough but if you stick through the adaptation period which can be nasty it does wonders, proper hunger and satiety feeling restored after being a walking fast food dumpster, -60 lbs in 7 months, from being pre-diabetic to 80-85 blood sugar readings with hba1c @ 4.7 and forgot about GERD flare ups, i was contemplating a surgery as well but decided to give Keto a run and it worked out and still works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It depends on if it's just pure juice or if you keep the pulp. If you get the pulp, you get some of the cellulose. Personally I'd rather just eat an orange.
    yeah, the pulp will get you part of the way there, but that generally only applies to oranges. It's an even bigger problem with say, apple juice, which is so much sweeter than orange juice and almost never has a pulp option.

I mean do what you can to lose weight, but I'll always think less of people who go thru with the surgery. To me it just screams "I couldn't do it so I just paid money and took the easy way out."