Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Which have all accomplished nothing. Illegals still flood across the border like a plague and frequently overstay their visas. How hard would it be to stop giving work visas to these people? What is the point of E-Verify if companies can still hire illegals with no repercussions?
    You mean like Trump? He currently employs several illegal immigrants. You really think he cares about the flood from the border?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    He can't see anything but the inside of his rectum. Explains the vaguely word-like sounds coming out of that particular area too.

Let's not pretend facts or reality has any hold on Knadra.
    Oh no you mentioned my butt. You sure showed me.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    He can't see anything but the inside of his rectum. Explains the vaguely word-like sounds coming out of that particular area too.

Let's not pretend facts or reality has any hold on Knadra.
    It's just so disappointing. And Knadra is someone who can at least put sentences together. Seriously, how are we ever going to find common ground with Trumpkins if they believe all this bullshit?

Wow adding the word "sensible" in front of anything sure makes you morally righteous and reasonable.
    Not at all. It means that you actually talk to experts on security, the border, and immigration issues and take their feedback seriously to help inform your strategy.

Rather than, you know, "going by your gut". But I know expertise and knowledge is viewed as a negative in the modern GOP.

You also have the first wall ever constructed on the border. I'm sure that's just a coincidence though.
    Wasn't the first, isn't a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not at all. It means that you actually talk to experts on security, the border, and immigration issues and take their feedback seriously to help inform your strategy.

Rather than, you know, "going by your gut". But I know expertise and knowledge is viewed as a negative in the modern GOP.
    Are DHS, CBP, ICE and law enforcement organizations all over the country not giving serious feedback? They seemed very on-board with Trump during his trip to the border yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no you mentioned my butt. You sure showed me.
    I thought you said you weren't going to reply to me anymore?
    Can't even go 4 posts without lying and making up nonsense huh?

That's kinda sad, I gotta admit. Hey, BTW, remember what I said about going to be a victim somewhere else? Consider that a permanent fixture.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I recall Michelle Malkin talking about how basically every top Democrat used their social media to attack Trump over immigration but not a single one mentioned Ronil Singh.
    So, that doesn't prove your point. You said Pelosi and Schumer don't care about immigration problems at all. Where is the proof of that?

- - - Updated - - -

Are DHS, CBP, ICE and law enforcement organizations all over the country not giving serious feedback? They seemed very on-board with Trump during his trip to the border yesterday.
    Really? They seemed "on board" with their commander in chief standing next to them? Shocking.

DHS - No, actually. Nielson has thoroughly politicized the a-political agency so it's little more than a mouthpiece for the administration. They've repeatedly been called out for grossly misrepresenting data and blatant lies (remember when she said that there was no "policy of child separation"?). This DHS is not an honest actor.

CBP / ICE - Sorta kinda, but that's only one perspective and they have plenty of their own issues. Though citing them agreeing with Trump during a visit he made isn't exactly a resounding endorsement, especially when there's scant data and evidence to support the efficacy of a wall.

These agencies exist to carry out the directions of the executive branch, and especially with the current president and how he's chosen to staff agencies with loyalists over qualified people, so it's hardly a surprise that they're publicly supporting rather than bucking the president's proposals.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    DHS - No, actually. Nielson has thoroughly politicized the a-political agency so it's little more than a mouthpiece for the administration. They've repeatedly been called out for grossly misrepresenting data and blatant lies (remember when she said that there was no "policy of child separation"?). This DHS is not an honest actor.

CBP / ICE - Sorta kinda, but that's only one perspective and they have plenty of their own issues. Though citing them agreeing with Trump during a visit he made isn't exactly a resounding endorsement, especially when there's scant data and evidence to support the efficacy of a wall.
    And this is where Trump will lose his battle after declaring an "emergency". The courts will shut him down because even his own internal agency data tells us there is no crisis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It's just so disappointing. And Knadra is someone who can at least put sentences together. Seriously, how are we ever going to find common ground with Trumpkins if they believe all this bullshit?
    There hasn't been common grounds with these people for years now. Ever since Obama was elected, you've had a certain part of the population who made up their mind that they would be regressive raging assholes who's only driving force is to fight against reality.

They just weren't as vocal up until they were validated by electing a similar minded idiot.

But there has always been insulated communities telling each other made up scare stories in their gazebos about how scary the outside world is. It's just that they used to keep to themselves.

Let's play a game everybody. Speaker Pelosi is worried that Democrats might start losing voters if Americans begin thinking they don't have a coherent border policy. She's a big WoW player and reads this place all the time so she picks YOU to come up with a coherent immigration strategy to present to President Trump and solve this problem once and for all.

What does your plan look like?

- - - Updated - - -

There hasn't been common grounds with these people for years now. Ever since Obama was elected, you've had a certain part of the population who made up their mind that they would be regressive raging assholes who's only driving force is to fight against reality.
    I've been posting here for 7 years and I don't think I've ever seen you be nice to anyone or make a post that wasn't just shitting on someone else. You're not in a position to call out other people's character.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Let's play a game everybody. Speaker Pelosi is worried that Democrats might start losing voters if Americans begin thinking they don't have a coherent border policy. She's a big WoW player and reads this place all the time so she picks YOU to come up with a coherent immigration strategy to present to President Trump and solve this problem once and for all.

First, and I'm being serious, what is the current border policy? And how is it not working? And if you think it's because "people are still crossing illegally" then realize no border in existence, including the Great Wall of China and the Berlin Wall, kept everyone out.

So what is our current policy and, in your opinion, why isn't is working. Please link some evidence about numbers to back your claims.

First, and I'm being serious, what is the current border policy? And how is it not working? And if you think it's because "people are still crossing illegally" then realize no border in existence, including the Great Wall of China and the Berlin Wall, kept everyone out.

So what is our current policy and, in your opinion, why isn't is working. Please link some evidence about numbers to back your claims.
    So your position is "the status quo might be flawed but it works well enough"? I keep hearing about how Trump should just be reasonable and actually listen to Democrats who actually have "sensible" suggestions on immigration. I really want someone to lay out what this means.

It's not our job to come up with a solution, it's the job of elected officials. This is a bad attempt to pivot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been posting here for 7 years and I don't think I've ever seen you be nice to anyone or make a post that wasn't just shitting on someone else. You're not in a position to call out other people's character.
    Wouldn't being a raging asshole put me exactly in a position to analyze and point out other people's behavior?

At any rate, if you've never seen me post something "nice" then you're just proving my point about your segment of the population having blinders on and making shit up.

No wonder you're always outraged when all you focus on and cherrypick are the negatives.

So your position is "the status quo might be flawed but it works well enough"? I keep hearing about how Trump should just be reasonable and actually listen to Democrats who actually have "sensible" suggestions on immigration. I really want someone to lay out what this means.
    So what are the issues with the current strategy for border security? Why does it belong on the list of top 10 issues our nation solves, let alone the #1 slot?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    No.

I asked you tell me what the current border policy is right now. And then tell me what's wrong with it. And show me numbers. And then tell me how a wall is going to help. With data.

So far you're just repeating information that is known to be wrong.

It's not our job to come up with a solution, it's the job of elected officials. This is a bad attempt to pivot.
    No it isn't. Every bill on the hill is written by wonks hired by each party, not by actual elected officials. The fact that you don't want to tell me what these sensible policies are that you keep talking about suggests you don't actually know yourself.

No.

I asked you tell me what the current border policy is right now. And then tell me what's wrong with it. And show me numbers. And then tell me how a wall is going to help. With data.

So far you're just repeating information that is known to be wrong.
    You replied to my question with a question. That's not fair. Writing up a quick manifesto on your views on such a broad topic should be easy but no one wants to do it for some reason.