Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Don’t think it’s specifically been mentioned. Blizz statedbthey are going to redirect focus back to the neck and have it function more like azerite weapons did where you unlock traits as you progress. Believe they also mentioned azerite armor was ending. Not sure if they will bring back tier sets or if there will just be stat pieces after.
    Need a source for this. Everything I've seen they've been extremely reluctant to fully admit that it is a terrible system and should be done away with, they only make small concessions about parts of it being bad, "some traits are uninteresting" etc. But I've yet to see them say anything about getting rid of it all together.

Quote Originally Posted by ToastemPopUp View Post
    Need a source for this. Everything I've seen they've been extremely reluctant to fully admit that it is a terrible system and should be done away with, they only make small concessions about parts of it being bad, "some traits are uninteresting" etc. But I've yet to see them say anything about getting rid of it all together.
    Azerite Armor after Battle of Dazar'alor will drop with all Traits unlocked. Artifact Power will unlock things in the Heart of Azeroth instead.
    from https://www.wowhead.com/news=289210/...on-hazzikostas

8.1 is the last time you will be earning traits toward Azerite pieces, which makes sense because 8.1 was being designed as they were polishing 8.0. 8.2 is the first patch they've been designing where development started after the public outcry over Azerite gear. Almost no big game company will admit that their game is "terrible" but Blizz, by backing away from almost every complaint about Azerite (respec cost, availability, earning traits, etc.) shows that they know that it's not good and they're working to replace it.

They've been very vague about what will replace it-- perhaps for fear of backlash or perhaps because they're still developing ideas for a patch that probably won't land until June or July, but they have said that starting with 8.2, Azerite as we know it will end. In other interviews Ion has teased a system like our artifact weapons in Legion, but the one thing he has promised is that we will stop "unlock[ing] traits"

Not saying that it will be a magic fix, but they've made dozens of small fixes so far and with more coming. I'm at least optimistic. Azerite vendors and currency now. Next raid will have multiple sources of azerite pieces starting with the very first boss so you wont be swearing at one boss who never drops your shoulder. 8.1 added more traits so higher likelihood of finding something good. Then 8.2 we'll stop having to grind to unlock stuff on gear we already earned.
    Last edited by raviadso; 2019-01-09 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Between the updated maps and the updates done to the zones does make one wonder what exactly the purpose is of doing it.
    Gotta give the people with no talent that you can't let go something to do. Or the interns. Or sense Ion stated they have no idea what everyone is doing and one hand doesn't talk to the other someone just did it to "look busy".

Just wild speculation on my part.

Those female Kul'tirans are hella sexy! Look like Ronda Rousey if she never put down the fork on Thanksgiving.

And finally, we unlock what are supposed to be the main selling point allied races of the expansion!

Also, no update on the super skinny model? I want a super skinny mage with a long beard, damnit! Mages aren't supposed to have six packs! I mean, fat mages are cool too, but I want more customization options!

- - - Updated - - -

Also just realized... what is the aesthetic difference between female Darkspear trolls and female Zandalari trolls?

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Gotta give the people with no talent that you can't let go something to do. Or the interns. Or sense Ion stated they have no idea what everyone is doing and one hand doesn't talk to the other someone just did it to "look busy".

Just wild speculation on my part.
    Or there's content in Northrend that's being used in the patch, with Wintergrasp, so the art department is updating the maps? I mean, you're so pissy about the game you're making up stuff like this? "People with no talent", really?

The haymaker seems like a cool racial. Gotta say though the Kul Tirans got the short end of the racials stick. 5 points to all trade skills..?? Can someone explain how this is useful at all?

2% more gold from all looted mobs... Goblins everywhere just got triggered

LOL, Alliance racials are f..g joke again!Thank you for the World of Hordecraft Blizz!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Does that honestly surprise you? If you want the supermodel female or mr universe male then you can role a human

And people say they have no favoritism towards the Horde? Don't understand why the raiding scene is absolutely dominated by the Horde?

More OP racials "for the Horde."
    Judging by your comment you don't realize that the skinny Kul' Tiran human model was actually a skinny human, not just a normal human model. Skinny as in not a jacked up, hitting the gym every day model. Skinny as in actually a lanky human.

As for the racials, yeah it's pathetic how the overpowered Zandalari racials even made it to beta, let alone probably going live (maybe with minor nerfs.)

- 100% HP regen over 4 seconds on a 1 min 30 second CD.
    - A choice between buffs granting either an HP buff and armor buff for tanks, a stacking DoT, doing damage that also heals for 100% of the damage, 5% more crit, or 5% movement speed.

Even by their usual Horde favoritism racials, there are just extremely overpowered.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2019-01-10 at 09:38 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ToastemPopUp View Post
    For me its still the worst part of BFA, But the really annoying thing they were told so many times early beta
    it was a rotten replacement for the weapons. Heal blink of mages has already crept back something that should never have
    been removed in the first place.

Had a chest item 390 yet the traits on a 370 were so much better

Quote Originally Posted by Rab Lerowsa View Post
    Relax guys we all know those Zandalari racials will be nerfed into the ground before they ever make it to live.
    Because Blizzard is well known to not let things go out of beta without a fix, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    holy hell individually those troll racials are better than the entire racial kit of any other race, but together?

is this a joke? those KT racials are absolute garbage compared to them.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

7+ Year Old Account
    all good stuff.
    these guys trash this game on sites and youtube. all them dont even play anymore. good. leave. 9/10 people i meet have been around since vanilla/TBC. people that like the game still. less complainers in trade.
    Classic will save this game. people that started back then will be on

10+ Year Old Account
    That Zandalari Regenerate racial can't go live. That's such a ridiculously strong racial for so many classes in pvp. A Survival hunter zandalari could feign death with the pvp talent that clears all dots and trap someone and heal to full safely. Could also use Mending Bandage or whatever the pvp talent is called to clear dots to allow him to heal to full. A mage zandalari can just sheep someone and shield themselves so they can heal to full. A paladin zandalari could literally bubble and heal themselves to full. A rogue could cloak and vanish and heal to full. It's literally a stronger Evocation heal that mages used to have. It's a stronger Cannibalize that undead have as well.

Haymaker also seems really strong. A 3 sec stun and a "substantial" knockback? Granted it's got a 1 sec cast time, but that seems like a game winning racial. Especially if the knockback still goes off when someone's fully stun DRed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Or there's content in Northrend that's being used in the patch, with Wintergrasp, so the art department is updating the maps? I mean, you're so pissy about the game you're making up stuff like this? "People with no talent", really?
    Well you have to give the interns something to do. If you don't think there aren't those that need some help in the talent department then not sure what to say. They exist everywhere!!!!!

Horde Racials for PvP have always been better, people point to "free trinket!" LOL.. Blizzard is VERY Alliance biased in house. And they do very little to try and hide this.

10+ Year Old Account
    So much complaining as usual, but here I am just getting excited for the SHA OF HAPPINESS.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Judging by your comment you don't realize that the skinny Kul' Tiran human model was actually a skinny human, not just a normal human model. Skinny as in not a jacked up, hitting the gym every day model. Skinny as in actually a lanky human.

As for the racials, yeah it's pathetic how the overpowered Zandalari racials even made it to beta, let alone probably going live (maybe with minor nerfs.)

- Free Goblin Glider on a 2 min CD.
    - 100% HP regen over 4 seconds on a 1 min 30 second CD.
    - A choice between buffs granting either an HP buff and armor buff for tanks, a stacking DoT, doing damage that also heals for 100% of the damage, 5% more crit, or 5% movement speed.

Even by their usual Horde favoritism racials, there are just extremely overpowered.
    You read the Goblin Glider racial wrong. It's a 15 minute cooldown, not 2 minutes.