Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    I commute between Sweden and Crown Falls.
    A book about hamster foods with recipes for homemade seed mix
    A book about Tibetan Mastiffs (I read this one on the bus)

After those, I've got one on Aquariums lined up. I need to brush up on my hobby before I start it anew.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Never underestimate the speed at which the MMO-C gamerboys will jump into defense of sexual miscreants. Womyn are meanies...

How to Write a Short Story by N.A. Turner.

My wife and I are interested in writing our own stories so we're diving into books on writing to get our brains going. Starting with short stories because it seems like a good goal to begin with.
    Shut your goddamn mouth, Gene!

Just found a graphic novel called Elves, an epic collection of stories about, well, elves... :P

Can't think of what drew me to purchasing it... :P

Its a story that comes in like 18 Volumes. (I only have the first 3). Its a shame I can only find the first three of this French series translated in English that isnt a digital only book. Plus my French is very rusty :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-02-25 at 04:18 PM.

The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennet.

Kinda reminds me of a 1950s melodrama but it's very modern in its take on theme and subject.

Synopsis:
    The novel is a multi-generational family saga set between the 1940s to the 1990s and centers on identical twin sisters Desiree and Stella Vignes. The two light-skinned black sisters were raised in Mallard, Louisiana, and witness the lynching of their father in the 1940s. In 1954, at the age of 16, the twins run away to New Orleans. However, Stella disappears shortly thereafter. In 1968, Desiree leaves an abusive marriage in Washington, D.C., and returns to Mallard with her eight-year-old daughter, Jude. Jude grows older and moves to Los Angeles through a track scholarship at the University of California, Los Angeles. While working part-time as a caterer in Beverly Hills, Jude sees a woman who appears to be her mother's doppelgänger. The woman is actually Stella, who has been passing as white.

https://www.amazon.com/Vanishing-Hal...=UTF8&qid=&sr=
    "It's a big club. And you ain't in it. It is also the club they use to beat you with." - George Carlin

Recently I have been reading the Witcher. And now I begin to read a book that I wanted to read a lot of time.
    It is a book by Bulgakov - Master and Margarita.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Just found a graphic novel called Elves, an epic collection of stories about, well, elves... :P

Its a story that comes in like 18 Volumes. (I only have the first 3). Its a shame I can only find the first three of this French series translated in English that isnt a digital only book. Plus my French is very rusty :P
    Pretty sure there is series called Dwarves in similar style from the same authors and, IIRC, some others too. Though I would call it what it is - a comic book (with gorgeous art).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Pretty sure there is series called Dwarves in similar style from the same authors and, IIRC, some others too. Though I would call it what it is - a comic book (with gorgeous art).
    I am aware, unfortunately no physical copies are available yet. They have only just started compiling the books into collected volumes(2 volumes into 1 volume) and so far only the elves first 3 volumes exist (compiled of the original first 6 volumes)

There are also books called 'Mages' and another called 'Orcs and Goblins', but those ones haven't even been translated into English yet, and my French is a bit basic.

I think I caught the Elves series just as they were releasing the physical complied copies, so I gotta keep an eye out in case they release more, if no more copies are done, then I will have no choice but to order them digitally. I aint a fan of digital books, its the only media that hasn't made the transition completely for me. Video games movies and music, all digital. Books? Can't do it man lol :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-03-01 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Pretty much everything Warhammer 40k. I started on the Horus Heresy a few years back but only got to something like book 4. I recently picked that back up. Apparently, the Horus Heresy series alone has north of 50 books, so that should keep me busy for a while.
    And it's still isn't over they are finishing up the siege of Terra as we speak with 2 or 3 more books

Highly recommend the Gaunts Ghost serie by Dan Abnett if you want some astra militarum action, amazing series with tons of books too.

- - - Updated - - -

And also if you enjoy audiobooks I highly recommend audible for warhammer stuff as there is a absolute ton of audiobooks there and most narrators are just amazing. You can listen to samples too before buying and if your a member you get one credit each month to buy whatever and you also get sweet deals like 3 credits for 18$.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Bobiverse books.

So much fun^^

Mathew Walker - Why we sleep

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Bobiverse books.

So much fun^^
    I've considered this series. Is it as enjoyable as the premise posits? Does it lean more towards comedy or the philosophy of Bob's situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    I've considered this series. Is it as enjoyable as the premise posits? Does it lean more towards comedy or the philosophy of Bob's situation?
    In the beginning it is more about technology and goes towards philosophy later on.
    It never is a comedy book. So not like Terry Pratchett.

I would say it is more on the seriou side than on comedy. Still funny^^

mh... know what i mean?^^

I’ve read a book called "Little Women" by Louise May Alcott. The novel is about four sisters, their life, friendship, growing up. In short, for me it’s a one-time book. Of course, today the book will seem very boring for modern young girls. There is not even a storyline here. Description of their boring measured life, their worries, children's desires. Although it would be useful for them to read, because children's selfishness is still relevant today. This book is also suitable for a more adult female audience, there is something to think about child-rearing. The story is not modern at all, and the book is not very exciting, but I do not regret having read it. A recommendation only for lovers of women's classics.

Penitent by Dan Abnett

Amazing novel and im going to spoiler tag some major plot lines in 40K lore atm, mostly about the reveal of the Yellow King.

It's been revealed that the Yellow King is no other then Constantine Valdor and he's been away in a pocket dimention called the City of Dust creating a army of blanks and winged daemons called Grails.

He's motives are to find out the true name of the God Emperor, some say it's to heal him and some say it's to controll him.

Major reveal as the yellow king has been hinted as far back as the eisenhorn novels.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Decided to re-read Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone after last reading it about 20 years ago. So far it's still just as gripping and fun as it was then.

Got my 6th book of James Rollings. Amazing thrillers, with loads of non stop action.

The Judas Strain

Star Wars: Darth Plagueis. Got it a while ago, but just started reading it.
    Liking it up till now.
    Don't argue with an idiot.
    He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Started the Farseer Trilogy.

At first I was a bit apprehensive about the narration style, but when the author/main character don't spend much time recalling, it gets better

Save the Cat! Writes a Novel by Jessica Brody

Continuing my interest in writing my own stories. So far I'm absolutely loving the way this book lays it all out for you.

Halo books. there's a lot of them. Most of em are Meh. It's been a good filler series though while authors i enjoy have published more.