Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Currently reading "Atomic Habits" by James Moore, on my kindle. Fascinating book, I will be gifting physical copies to my friends and relatives as well.

I don't read much, I'm on book 8 of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ch...homas_Covenant it's been out since 2007 but i started it yesterday, read the first volume in the 90's... it's Lord of the rings mixed with black/death metal music basically, guy with leprosy get transported to a fantasy world where there is magic & monsters, there is rape, incest, mental distress etc in it.
    Last edited by squidgod; 2021-05-19 at 12:29 AM.

The last book of the First Law trilogy (Last Argument of Kings) by Joe Abercrombie. Just on the last chapter.

This is Agile (dutch book about Agile implementations)
    Dan Brown - Origins

Re-reading The Demon Cycle by Peter V Brett.

Almost finished with Mort. I like it, though reading it in Finnish it's very apparent Pratchett's books lose a lot in translation.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

I'm reading Jar of Hearts by Jennifer Hillier. I usually read fantasy books, so this is one I normally wouldn't pick up, but people were talking about it in a book group on Facebook enough that I wanted to check it out, and I have to admit the writing is good and hooked me in.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Sapiens - Yuval Noah Harari, worth reading.

I read do androids dream of electric sheep.

Don't bother, sure it's important book that it came n it's ideas. Is it comparable in quality to movie? Not in the slightest...while movie is pretty straight-forward, it paints with cinematography, light, sound, music...it creates such a world...but the book? If you expect this is some great description of scenes, or it will build suspense or anything...you will be disappointed.

You might as well read fan fiction.

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. I give it 9/10

Avatar: The Last Airbender – The Shadow of Kyoshi...
    ... in english since there is no my native language version.

Now I am reading Dostoevsky "Idiot"

I'm currently reading through Accel World from Reki Kawahara - already at book 6. It's basically the future of Sword Art Online, and although I prefer SAO it's still quite good!

Recently finished the divine cities triology by Robert Jackson Bennett. Liked them alot, good characters, good story, very good world building.

Out of hundreds of fantasy books ive read i can say this series is definitely among the better ones. First book is called City of Stairs for anyone interested.

Not sure what my next book will be. gonna have to do some googling to see if any of my favorite authors have released anything new recently.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Recently finished the divine cities triology by Robert Jackson Bennett. Liked them alot, good characters, good story, very good world building.

Out of hundreds of fantasy books ive read i can say this series is definitely among the better ones. First book is called City of Stairs for anyone interested.

Not sure what my next book will be. gonna have to do some googling to see if any of my favorite authors have released anything new recently.
    I tried reading that and couldn't get into it. Of course that has happened in the past with series/books I ended up returning to and really enjoying like the Codex Alera series as The Lies of Locke Lamora (just the first book, 2nd and 3rd I didn't like much at all). Will have to give it another shot one day.

Neon Leviathan by T.R. Napper. Cyberpunk anthology set in Australia and Southeast Asia involving a massive nuclear war between China, Vietnam and Australia. Quite a good read.

the shadow of what was lost

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...-what-was-lost

i think i saw it mentioned in this thread, then saw it and audibled it recently, really good book, ill have it finished in a day or so and am immediately starting the second one.

Also, the boy, the mole, the fox and the horse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81b4i9jQhck

its just a lovely book, only about ten minutes long, i read or listen to it when i need cheering up, i also bought my dad a copy of it when he was in hospital recently and he loved it

Quote Originally Posted by molliewoof View Post
    the shadow of what was lost

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...-what-was-lost

i think i saw it mentioned in this thread, then saw it and audibled it recently, really good book, ill have it finished in a day or so and am immediately starting the second one.
    That was me! Glad you are enjoying it. I had not really heard anything about the series before stumbling upon it while looking for something new. It was the audiobook that really made me check it out since it is read by the fantastic Michael Kramer. I really liked it and the series just improves with each book and I thought it had a really solid ending.

thank you

its just really good epic fantasy, nothing new but done really well, i could read things like that all day. similar to michael j sullivan before his last 3 prequel books.

i have said this before but i normally use audiobooks to occupy my mind while struggling to sleep so it doesnt really matter where i am up to with them, i just move on when i am recognising chapters, this is the first one where i actively tried to remember where i was up to and then start a chapter or two after the next night.

it took me a while to finish lol