Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loeve View Post
    Yes, use resources on something that 0,5% of playerbase need
    What are you talking about? Like with reputations, everyone slowly works up their mount count. Or are you implying that 99,5% of the player base isn't going to get other mounts ever again?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Do the cash shop mounts generally have recolors? From what I gather it is generally mounts that don't have multiple colors that become shop mounts.
    True - there are no recolors for the Bee in game....

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    True - there are no recolors for the Bee in game....
    There are 3 colors for it

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    After I got to 350, I saw no reason to collect them anymore, since they introduce only fucking recolors.
    Pretty sure that's the point. Every mount collection achieve since the inception of the achievements (50 mounts) have been recolours of existing mounts. I'm confident you're not so dense that it took you until 350 to realize all 9 mounts were recolours.

I feel like the idea is to give you a variation of one of your existing mounts that not a lot of people have.

Weird, simplearmory says I'm at 377 but I have the 400 mount achievement. It must be off somewhere, or the hide character-level achievements thing is messing it up.

I expect the bee mount to be a continuation of the Stormsong valley series of daily quests that leads to a bee pet. It just grows up. Most likely in 8.2 when they enable flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Weird, simplearmory says I'm at 377 but I have the 400 mount achievement. It must be off somewhere, or the hide character-level achievements thing is messing it up.

I expect the bee mount to be a continuation of the Stormsong valley series of daily quests that leads to a bee pet. It just grows up. Most likely in 8.2 when they enable flying.
    Hmm, I guess I should do those.

Recolors to me dont bother me as sometimes they can look freaking amazing such as the heavenly cloud serpents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    450 will definitely be a recolor.

I do wonder what they're saving the Bee mount for. The cynic in me (so.... 90% of me.....) says Cash Shop, post Dreadwake.
    They will probably be the next frog mounts.. 3x 333.333g for those..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Hezar View Post
    Got my 400 mount achievement few weeks ago and to my surprise i lost all interest in mount farming. Green chicken for that achievement was kinda disappointing. 450 mounts would require you to buy mounts from a shop so i dont think they will add that achievement until next expac when you can get it without paying real money for it.
    Already been stated there’s about 480 mounts in game without having to dip into store, TCG or removed mounts.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    but defending the 450 achi by only excluding store/TCG mounts but allowing things like the MoP world bosses in and other ultra rare mounts is silly, it's still a fair grind and an obtainable reward by having every vendor mount/rep mount/common dungeon mounts etc, and if that's not enough for 450 then it's stupid.
    I wasn't "defending" anything. I was answering the question posed: "Is this possible to obtain without tcg//store mounts". The answer to which was yes, but that it would "take some doing" (ie it's a significant amount of effort). What I did also say is that for anyone who actually cares about mount collecting, excluding Shop and TCG mounts from your collection is silly.

might as well start adding 500 AB wins 500 AV wins etc etc (i actually have most of those) but do i think it's a fair grind for most? not really.
    Except that it's ok for the current mount collector achievement to be somewhat exclusive. The whole purpose of achievements like that are to give us something to work towards. And because of the way the mount collector achievements work (as in you get a new one every 50 or so mounts) the vast majority of players will have one that they can be working towards. If the top achievement has already been achieved by a significant portion of the playerbase then it's definitely time to add a new one.

The only real requirement that should be satisfied to justify a 450 mount achievement is that it is reasonably achievable for a serious mount collector, not that it is reasonably achievable by Joe average.

most are fair but when you start including 1/2000 mounts thats just silly for an achi
    I respectfully disagree. If the current mount collector achievement doesn't require you to at least have some really difficult to obtain mounts then that would be silly. What exactly is the point of Achievements if everyone has them? By definition your achievement score should be reflective of how much you've achieved in the game relative to others.

they will add the 450 when they are ready and it's not only obtainable by putting in such a grind, i mean they could add a 500 mount achi right now
    Yeah, 500 is too many, but honestly, I don't think it's that premature to be adding the 450 mount achievement already. It's totally achieveable and I reckon there are players who have already met the requirements or are close.

, enjoy your achi date & re-skin model and next xpac it'll be common as shit so why hurry.
    The reason to hurry is that you can enjoy your mount before it becomes "common as shit". And next xpac you'll have a new exclusive mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Yeah, 500 is too many, but honestly, I don't think it's that premature to be adding the 450 mount achievement already. It's totally achieveable and I reckon there are players who have already met the requirements or are close.
    There definitely are players who have 450 already. In fact there were a few of us that had 450 before the end of Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    There definitely are players who have 450 already. In fact there were a few of us that had 450 before the end of Legion.
    I have always earned the mount collecting achievement as soon as they have gone live.

It would be a nice change to pre empt the hardcore players by adding saying a 500 one ingame now that basically nobody can get but be it something to slowly aim for over the course of the xpac.
    I know im in the 0.5% or higher of mount collectors but it would be nice to slowly work towards an achieve rather then insta earning whatever they add in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cangri View Post
    450 is insane. Is this possible to obtain without tcg//store mounts
    I got everyone one of those mounts with gold token bnet credit so yes this is seriously doable

I would argue that the 1,000 pet collection achieve is about on par difficulty-wise with getting 450 mounts, and it's been out I believe since BFA pre-patch. Still no 450 mount achieve in sight yet however.

They have introduced mount collection achieves before that were quite difficult at the time of their release to obtain. Thinking specifically the Felfire Hawk with pre-patch for WoD.
    Last edited by thraton; 2019-01-17 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    I have always earned the mount collecting achievement as soon as they have gone live.

It would be a nice change to pre empt the hardcore players by adding saying a 500 one ingame now that basically nobody can get but be it something to slowly aim for over the course of the xpac.
    I know im in the 0.5% or higher of mount collectors but it would be nice to slowly work towards an achieve rather then insta earning whatever they add in.
    Completely agree. As do all of my mount collecting friends who still play the game. Personally, I think 4 of them have over 500 mounts at this stage too. I dropped off a while back when my sub ran out. It would be nice to have something to aim for if or when I come back.

I was looking at a guys mount collection and he is only missing 4 in the game. I definitely need to step my game up

They should definitely start thinking about it yeah. Maybe for the last BfA patch or something.

It's the same with every single level of this achievement and people still can't wrap their heads around it. These kinds of threads also come back on fairly regular basis. I remember the same discussions back in Wrath,

Regular achievements are supposed to be within reach. By that I mean hard, time taking, challenging, but feasible for more than 50 people in the world.

Myself, I am currently at 412 mounts according to the statistics tab, and that is with almost every obtainable mount from old expacs, except for the pvp ones, and about half of the ones currently available in BfA. I also have a couple store mounts, collector's edition mounts, removed mounts etc.

So no, it's not time for a 450 mount achie. Introducing that now would be like adding in-game achievements for world first kills. Maybe in the next expac, but I also doubt that. I think they will add 450 and 500 in 10.0 (if the game lives long enough to get there).
    Last edited by Azerate; 2019-01-26 at 01:49 PM.

Who cares? Add them up to 1000, what difference would that make to anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Who cares? Add them up to 1000, what difference would that make to anyone?
    This. What does it matter if there are people out there who want to achieve a higher order of something before the main player base? They do it with many other aspects of the game already. They could even add in the achievement, then separately add in the reward as the totals become higher.