Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
  1. #181
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    If you knew you would run the other way.
    Posts
    6,412
    With how things are going at Activision-Blizzard at the moment, I very much doubt you will see a WoW 2 anytime soon if at all..

  2. #182
    The Patient Ornith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    47° 35' 57.584"N 3° 32' 5.233"E
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    Remove a̶c̶h̶i̶v̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ flying.
    Fixed it for you. Agree on everything below.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Laozi View Post
    You see you make this post claiming I don't know Evean though it's my profession, Yet the only one putting detail in there posts to explain anything is me, atm you have shown you have basicly no understanding of programming.

    Tbh I doubt you even know any language.

    So please do keep making vapid replys like "no you" and "shut up" because its making my case.
    That's what you're going with? I don't even (yes that's the correct spelling) need to talk about my irl profession or what I've studied in my early years like you were so eager to do because at this level of nonsense a simple google search shows that what you're saying is beyond retarded. And I know this is a strong word, but saying that different programming languages only exists to respond to difficulty of usage or how easy you can create using it is just something you want to put at the top of your resume if you don't want to find work ever.

    Now this was a fun ride, but as all of your answers have been nothing but condescending nonsense, this is the point where I ignore the rest of this thread.

  4. #184
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    With how things are going at Activision-Blizzard at the moment, I very much doubt you will see a WoW 2 anytime soon if at all..
    Oh yea it more likly wow will keep dwindling down till they can it, once they have new ip developed and what ever revenue coming in from there mobile games push into the Chinese Market.

    But I wouldn't mind if they wrapped up current wow cleanly, maybe with the black empire coming back, push out a trilogy of stratagy games based on the war against the black empire and then made a wow 2 based in the after math of a universe mostly old god controlled.

    But that makes no sense from a buissness perspective when there's more money to be made going mobile in China and maybe chasing the market with a fortnight clone or some new ip

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    That's what you're going with? I don't even (yes that's the correct spelling) need to talk about my irl profession or what I've studied in my early years like you were so eager to do because at this level of nonsense a simple google search shows that what you're saying is beyond retarded. And I know this is a strong word, but saying that different programming languages only exists to respond to difficulty of usage or how easy you can create using it is just something you want to put at the top of your resume if you don't want to find work ever.

    Now this was a fun ride, but as all of your answers have been nothing but condescending nonsense, this is the point where I ignore the rest of this thread.
    Considering I have a well paid job in it and you clearly don't. I'd say that's admitting your wrong.

    Also a simple Google search does show why people bothered to develop higher level languages and one of those reasons is to make programming easier.

    Hell that was the whole reason Grace hopper invented the first programming language and compiler in the first place. So it didn't take a doctorate of maths to make a program.

    Making vague reply when I call you out for not knowing shit about the topic kinda proves my point.

    Now go finish your tutorial on php or w/e and tell your self you matter.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    That's what you're going with? I don't even (yes that's the correct spelling) need to talk about my irl profession or what I've studied in my early years like you were so eager to do because at this level of nonsense a simple google search shows that what you're saying is beyond retarded. And I know this is a strong word, but saying that different programming languages only exists to respond to difficulty of usage or how easy you can create using it is just something you want to put at the top of your resume if you don't want to find work ever.

    Now this was a fun ride, but as all of your answers have been nothing but condescending nonsense, this is the point where I ignore the rest of this thread.
    Also proves my point that you get so salty for me calling you out on not knowing shit about programming you report me for trolling.

    Dident know telling you to finish your coding tutorials befor you spaff your crap on the Internet counted as trolling these days, guess the bars gotten really low.

  6. #186
    The issue with a lot of these suggestion here is that you want to shape the game into your own personal image without accounting for opinions other than your own.

    A big part of creating, maintaining, and improving a product like WoW is realizing people enjoy the game different and have vastly different approaches to playing it. Your improvements need to be global improvements, not just improvements to what YOU do in the game. Your improvements need to strike a balance between people on differing fringes- hardcore and casual, pvp and pve, etc. Yin and Yang my children.

    In addition, your improvements need to be specific points that can be discussed by a development team to be turned into a ticket and put into a project Sprint- not abstract wishlists. This sort of behavior is typical of some of the codecademy type kids in here that would have serious difficulty in an actual interview for a real development gig.

    These skills don't seem to be taught in colleges, as I can't describe how many potential candidates I've turned down for these very problems. They graduate from accredited universities lacking some of the most fundamental skills required for this sort of work. I'm off topic now.
    Last edited by Didly; 2019-01-11 at 03:13 PM.

  7. #187
    Zappy Boi stan Checkt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Dead on the elevator.
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Yikes, I'd fire you instantly if you got rid of players who play simply because they've always played and won't quit because it might get better.
    has nothing to do with them always playing and everything to do with the WoW player base being terrible.

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/programming

    I'm assuming you didn't understand what he meant by r/programming, if you did and you're saying something else I'm not grasping just ignore me
    Thanks for the info and clarification. Nope. I have never heard of r/programming. Kind of interesting. He mentioned he worked with rtos, which I assume stands for Real Time Operating System and firmware. So I presume it was some methodology for programming real time systems.

  9. #189
    Better long term goals for character progression which can be earned(via currency or BLP) doing content you have outgrown(such as a daily heroic dungeon), improved gameplay when in combat(interesting rotations), and a return of non-generic gear(set bonuses and/or gameplay altering abilities) that can be planned around in raids and mythic+.

    I think it would really improve the game.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-01-11 at 05:04 PM.

  10. #190
    thank goodness you're not a dev then

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    has nothing to do with them always playing and everything to do with the WoW player base being terrible.
    No, if I as a business owner have customers that will pay me pretty much no matter what and a dev gets rid of them I'd chuck that dev out too lol.
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -updated 2/8/2019

  12. #192
    Zappy Boi stan Checkt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Dead on the elevator.
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    No, if I as a business owner have customers that will pay me pretty much no matter what and a dev gets rid of them I'd chuck that dev out too lol.
    that is certainly your prerogative were you dev.

    It wouldn't be mine, though.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    So I'm guessing you just go on to disagree with every single thing? You mean you can't find a single thing you agree with? Yeah that's just contrarianism and you could see it coming. You say all the ideas are a fail because you want them to be, it's very very clear from your post you aren't open to change whatsoever. Why even be in this thread? Lets see some of your ideas!
    You read my post, or did you just base your reply from my first sentence?

    There was some (few) things I agreed with. And most of the points I didn't agree with, I replied with an answer as the OP didn't really come up with any sollutions. "Make mob type count!" How? "Make raids hard!" We allready got hard raids - mythic from when they open.

    Honestly don't get your reply at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

  14. #194
    The Lightbringer The-Shan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Badlands
    Posts
    3,497
    To the people bashing the premise of the thread, there is nothing wrong with expressing what you would change. He's not asking to be a dev, he's just posing a fun hypothetical. It's healthy for discussion.
    thinly veiled high elf thread

  15. #195

    Lightbulb How I would fix the wow

    1. Remove gear inflation

    a) For alts catch up make mobs drop different classes personal BOP (Bind on Pickup account wide) gear so you can reuse it on alts.
    Gearing up alts will not be necessary easier. It depends on drop rate and ilvl for alts could be a bit lower than for main. What I mean is that it can be adjustable. Also when you get some very good piece of gear for your alt(or alt you could create) it might motivate you to play that alt which is very good.
    Basically, every expansion is like a separate game, and you can copy your toons from one expansion to next.

    b) Instead of between expansion gear inflation make a copy of character for that expansion only. So if you have a warrior, you have a copy of your warrior in vanilla (with the gear you achieved in vanilla), you have a copy of your warrior in TBC, etc. As soon as you step your character into next expansion new copy is created for that expansion. You still can play your highest level character in lower level expansions for mogs collection (not sure it is a good idea though, but probably you cant remove this now) but you can also play old expansion using your original character and gear, so every expansion will be always relevant.

    2. Remove inflation of Artifact Power (remove catch up mechanics). Instead AP level within expansion should be shared between all characters in that expansion.

    3. Add much more gear rewards. Make possible for fun and slightly overpowered gear combos. Give players a bit more freedom. It is RPG. Rewards should be for all types of WoW communities: hardcore raiders, hardcore PvPers, easy raiders (similar rewards just longer to get), easy pvp(similar rewards just longer to get), solo, etc. So everyone would have a goal. Personally, I think hardcore solo grinding could be alternative aka Mage Tower in Legion.

    4. Specs balance (not class) should be a priority. What I mean, if you implement step 1.a nerfing feral dps because druids can also be tanks will have no sense. Be serious about spec balances it is very important (feral was broken at the beginning of BFA and in BFA beta).

    5.Instead of having raid finder, normal, heroic and mythic modes, create one raid, but with easy bosses first and harder at the end. Easy bosses (which can have vanity items too) can be skippable by hardcore players (after they move way further in a dungeon). This way experiencing harder content will be reward by itself.

    Without gear inflation and content that is available as a reward - gear, AP, and content will receive value. At this moment they lost any value because of inflation systems you created, that’s is why you are losing subscribers, IMHO.

    About returning and new players: when you buy a new game you have to play it through. It is not bad it is a good thing. Remember, that your copy of character for that specific expansion will stay there forever, I think there will always be some people playing that expansion as opposed to what it is now.

    Also when new or returned players return when many other players are higher ilvl it will be easier for them to catch up because everyone could carry them a little bit (community!)

    There are many other smaller things, like healers imbalance in random BGs which I enjoy (as soft. engineer I can explain how to make it work better without increasing waiting time).

    original post:
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...x-wow/71957/20

    Just my opinion, of course,
    Cheers

  16. #196
    Recently i was thinking the "gear catch up" isn't that just to help balance the item level scaling mobs do since legion?
    I know we've had it longer than that.. but if you feel like a god doing your world quests and all you do is LFR you don't need a higher tier of gear.. you could feel good without it.

    So why don't we try scaling the world back a little, making it less challenging making aoe pulls common place then we could stop boosting every raid release, and you'd be required to do the previous raid in order to access the newest "in some form" you'd still have mythic plus of course as another gearing option.
    Make sure if you still play your voice is heard if it matters to you, Mine wasn't.
    https://simplearmory.com/#/us/aman't...ectable/mounts
    BFA is another failure on Blizzard for leaving out information yet again despite promising communication with players while Azerite armor is an unfun system forced onto us to keep us grinding.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoc56f3565a46 View Post
    Hello everyone.
    -A lot of things some will agree with and some won't
    Awesome suggestions, didn't read any of it btw, but I'm sure you meant well. The thing is, we can all have great ideas about the perfect mmo, and that's just that. We all just have great ideas. If I don't like your idea, does that make your idea bad? There's at least 3 million people playing, probably more. This thread is just another 'lets see if I can get people onboard with my ideas'. You are just you, some will agree, some won't.
    I honestly don't get these threads, what are you trying to achieve here? For every so called good idea you have, there's 10 other good ideas by 10 other people.

    Blizzard is a company that's in it to make money, they'll use metrics to keep people playing through whatever way. There is no time and place for niche mmo concepts in today's mmo world.
    Almost all mmo's that tried to be very different from the 'mmo norm that Wow set' have failed. Whether that's a good or bad thing is another story.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •