Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Save you're money why I recommended Ryzen too.

Or get like Z170/6700k or something...could Probably find that for a good deal...

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    AMD cpu are coming out this year, will be much better than 9900k (probably same core performance with 2x more core if you want it) and will be cheaper.
    Your gpu is stupidly expensive unless if you game in 4k. But gaming in 4k is even more stupid so don't do it. You can only enjoy the RTX2080Ti with an ultrawide 1440p but the regular RTX2080 is also good enough.
    Seems like you have a lot of money, if you're rich then your build is flawless.
    I somehow dont think the OP can afford to wait until JUNE at the earliest to get new AMD CPUs.

The CPU is complete overkill and I don't see any cooler included. You need quite a beefy cooler for a 9900K.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Villentretenmerth- View Post
    The CPU is complete overkill and I don't see any cooler included. You need quite a beefy cooler for a 9900K.
    Must've missed the H100x

Thanks all for the input. I've gone ahead and ordered the 9900k as I don't plan to upgrade for the next 4-5 years and this should carry through. I also kept with the 2080ti (ASUS as I couldn't find EVGA in the UK for a reasonable price) as I'll probably change out my monitor for the same resolution but 144 when available. Yes- probably still overkill, but see above re: not upgrading. I upgraded the HD to 4TB WD and only 1x SSD (because apparently it isn't 2009 anymore).

I'd like to try to setup a loop for water cooling the CPU only. I'll probably fail miserably and dump the coolant all over the MB, but should be a good time. Can anyone recommend a kit or parts for "custom" cooling?

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimeq View Post
    Thanks all for the input. I've gone ahead and ordered the 9900k as I don't plan to upgrade for the next 4-5 years and this should carry through. I also kept with the 2080ti (ASUS as I couldn't find EVGA in the UK for a reasonable price) as I'll probably change out my monitor for the same resolution but 144 when available. Yes- probably still overkill, but see above re: not upgrading. I upgraded the HD to 4TB WD and only 1x SSD (because apparently it isn't 2009 anymore).

I'd like to try to setup a loop for water cooling the CPU only. I'll probably fail miserably and dump the coolant all over the MB, but should be a good time. Can anyone recommend a kit or parts for "custom" cooling?
    Caseking is one of the best, if not the best hardware dealer in EU. They also have a UK department. They have all the water cooling parts you can dream of

https://www.caseking.de/en
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimeq View Post

https://www.ekwb.com/custom-loop-configurator/
    Fill that out, and you'll get a customized loop for your specific parts.
    If that's too much work, you can also try out either their normal copper kits or their aluminium line. Just don't mix copper and Aluminium, or you'll have a bad time.

You can also find their kits on reseller sites, like Caseking, or probably others

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    https://www.ekwb.com/custom-loop-configurator/
    Fill that out, and you'll get a customized loop for your specific parts.
    If that's too much work, you can also try out either their normal copper kits or their aluminium line. Just don't mix copper and Aluminium, or you'll have a bad time.

You can also find their kits on reseller sites, like Caseking, or probably others
    Jay did a review of that aluminum loop, actually turned out pretty decent for what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Jay did a review of that aluminum loop, actually turned out pretty decent for what it was.
    I have the aluminum kit it's ok...but the pump started wining so bought a different one. and well had a fitting leak on the block...but it's an ok block.
    Not much mass to aluminum....should still be Nickel or Copper. The Copper Haswell Block is just about as good.

My AM4 Byski nice too.

4k gaming is worth it..it's not dumb. Super Crisp and Vivid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JRZoid View Post
    I have the aluminum kit it's ok...but the pump started wining so bought a different one. and well had a fitting leak on the block...but it's an ok block.
    Not much mass to aluminum....should still be Nickel or Copper. The Copper Haswell Block is just about as good.

My AM4 Byski nice too.

4k gaming is worth it..it's not dumb. Super Crisp and Vivid.
    4k gaming is only worth it if you're fine with limiting yourself to 60fps, and buying stupidly expensive GPU's.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    4k gaming is only worth it if you're fine with limiting yourself to 60fps, and buying stupidly expensive GPU's.
    Yeah pretty much or just anything better than the 980ti and 1060.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JRZoid View Post
    Yeah pretty much or just anything better than the 980ti and 1060.
    Those cards can't do 4k even remotely well. Like, at all. You need 1080ti or higher to get close to 60