UH Vs Frost .. Am I Right?

As a casual FDK player trying to compare and contrast the two specs (BG focused but do raid a bit) ... PvP wise UH uses Death Strike as a resource dump, so UH heals while able to maintain optimal damage?

Frost on the other hands need the resource for Frost Strike and if instead uses Death Strike then damage drops considerably ..

Right?

Pretty sure UH uses deathcoil to dump runic power and only death strikes in defensive situations.

15+ Year Old Account
    As UH, you barely lose any damage replacing Death Coil dump with Death Strike dump, the problem is proccing Runic Corruption I believe. So this is not something you want to do in PVE, but in PVP, very important info.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    As UH, you barely lose any damage replacing Death Coil dump with Death Strike dump, the problem is proccing Runic Corruption I believe. So this is not something you want to do in PVE, but in PVP, very important info.
    That kinda sounds like a design/tuning mistake if UH DK largely ignore Death Coil in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    That kinda sounds like a design/tuning mistake if UH DK largely ignore Death Coil in PvP.
    A solid UH PvP build being played now has Death Coil as not that much damage and used just with procs.

Infected Claws
    Ebon fever
    Asphyxiate
    Death Pact
    Pestilence
    Unholy Frenzy

PvP Talents: Transfusion / Necrotic Strike / Life and Death -or as situation needs.

In PvP you get AND keep all DoTs up as close as 100% as possible and spam Necrotic .. As Runic Power builds -and its pretty fast- you rotate in Death Strike and if need to heal pop talent ..

The spec is super tanky ..

Basically makes Frost look like pure rubbish!!

Edit: watch streams .. UH is a monster when sets up a kill .. pure pain .. Frost is walk away or CC when he pops CD then its all over Frost

On 2v2s (as of now) enemies mostly still try to bring me down first. This doesnt work so after I hit a high RP (not max) I hit Transfusion and spam DS to survive/dump runic power.

As a side note, on 2v2 skirmishes I've experimented with some funny builds (abom/transfusion/zombie with gargoyle and helchains x2) where I just have so much passives that I just mainly try to be defensive (again, when I'm focused) while the enemy just takes so much damage from so many different sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Edit: watch streams .. UH is a monster when sets up a kill .. pure pain .. Frost is walk away or CC when he pops CD then its all over Frost
    Frost is just missing the extra reach from LEGIONs FrostStrike + stronger GatheringStorm.
    Thats all it needed at the end of LEGION to be a top tier spec. High DPS uptime even with kiting.

Unholy works with the current PvE spec helps a lot and you got 2 pets = passive DPS, 50%-damage-done-DoT = passive DPS and necrotic staying on target with kiting = passive preassure.

I don't like the current balance more then LEGION's, since we had MORE survival with the full heal IBF AND we could target swap in pvp just as easy as EVERY OTHER DPS. Unholy's preassure drops pretty hard with fast target swaps (PvP or PvE) and there is really no SURPRISE burst available - unlike Frost's unpredictable burst peaks.