Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Headcannon.

Beta exists for testing, not to let you play for free.

- - - Updated - - -

Go to your LotR.

- - - Updated - - -

What's wrong with enslaving Eyir? Odyn was stupid asshole, so Horde would make better use of his Val'kyr.

Headcannon.

- - - Updated - - -

Brilliant idea if you want to remove Warcraft from existence.

Also a brilliant idea to keep throwing money at shareholders and developers that obviously dont give a shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimli View Post
    What a load of shit. They do a good job of explaining that story is made around design, so naturally it isn’t going to feel as tight as a Bioware or Naughty Dog game, but that’s intentional. Also these guys aren’t the main narrative designers. One just does cinematics.

It sounds like you just want all of the story right now. 8.1 is act 2 of a 4 or 5 act story. I’m actually suprised that you are near sighted enought to actually think there will be no payoff this early in a year-long narrative. The McDonald’s generation of audiences everyone.
    Mists of Panderia happened so... I have historical precedent behind me.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    They literally said that they do in some interview not so long ago. It was along the lines "we've found out that GoT is all the rage now, so were dropping our usual style - fuck you old fans - and 'upgrading' to GoT".

- - - Updated - - -

in the middle of said chief trying to become undead Satan 2.0. Just if you forgot.

- - - Updated - - -

"It's only beta" brigade has arrived, I see.
    What? Beta? This is how the game has always worked since it had a more structured story starting in WoTLK.

You people are fucking idiots. Absolute dead ass morons lol. Just looking for anything to cry about.

Go cry about the real problems with this game. Not non problems over things that's been around for years and exists in many other games and other forms of media without issue.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2019-01-15 at 02:11 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Um okay? Your post has no purpose but to stir the pot offering zero insight other then personal beliefs. So thanks? I guess? This isn't twitter, you don't gotta report immediate feelings and responses

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza-Chan View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that Blizzard painting the Horde commiting genocide by burning them alive on the Night elves and painting it as grey comes off as sociopathic at best and as if the writers have some fascist tendencies at worst? Especially since we know that the Horde will be perfectly forgiven without any consequences. And I don't even talk about Horde Genocide, I talk about really the basic stuff like starting a process where leading members of the Horde who are responsible for the invasion and involved in the Genocide get executed and the Horde tries to atone for what they did to the Night Elves and honor the memories of the innocents they killed and simply accept that they put some immense guilt on themselves and have to act better in the future to atone. There will be nothing and the Horde will treated like some innocent little snowflakes, which paints an inhumane and again, either sociopathic or in the worst case fascist picture of the writers, who somehow think that Genocide is morally defendable and that they can portray the Horde as not evil after they commited multiple genocides without the slightest remorse. And it isn't even as if the Horde had to be portrayed as evil or cucked anything like this if they acknowledged their guilt, quite the opposite. Saurfang in Wotlk was endearing because he was portrayed as a regretful war criminal who doesn't hide the crimes he commited and wants to make up for it and who himself seems to suffer under PTSD because of his warcrimes, which made him more human (in the sense of a character we emotionally can relate to).

There is already the problem that the writers have this tendency of preaching a peace message through the protagonists while at the same time portraying war as something honorable and glorious where bad things only can happen because one side doesn't stick to the code of honor, where in real life even the western allies in WWII, probably the most "good guys" we ever had in any historical conflict, still raped and commited war crimes. You can't write an anti-war narrative and then paint a picture of war that borders on Propaganda in its glorification. Even fucking Warhammer gets war better because the setting acknowledges what a brutal business war is and builds on it. Everyone is kinda evil and this makes everyone kinda grey.

- - - Updated - - -

They have not. Count me one time when a main storyline, not some obscure little leveling questline, had a satisfying conclusion.
    no friend the sad thing is you are exactly right. although the moment when it was clear that blizz's writers are actually sociopaths wasnt teldrassil like some may believe, it was back in mop at the end of the legendary cloak quest where you're talking to wrathion at the panda inn and suddenly the barman starts up about how war is a good and necessary thing because it makes both sides stronger in the end. im not even kidding here he says the horde and alliance are strong because they fight eachother. and wrathion is left speechless and the story framed to try to portray him as the dumbfounded idiot who thought ending war was a good idea, and the panda bartender a secret wise master because he knows that endless race war is actually the way forward.

theres no defending that particular piece of writing. its probably the stupidest thing i've ever read in an actual piece of "writing" for sale, and definitely the most morally reprehensible. whoever wrote it should probably be put in prison. im serious here. idk who at blizzard came up with that gem but they belong locked up in a cell so their ideas cant be exposed to a wider audience.

idk if they will try that line of reasoning again at the end of this expansion. they probably will in some way. but i imagine people will kick up a bit more of a fuss if they try it in a big cinematic and not an rp scene at the end of a really long legendary quest line that was later removed from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Go cry about the real problems with this game. Not non problems over things that's been around for years and exists in many other games and other forms of media without issue.
    I'm not sure why you're on "Lore" forum (i.e. not "other problems" forums) and complaining about people discussing how bad lore is.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.