Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I'm kind of surprised anyone would assume that would get a positive response in any way... let alone as something supposed to build hype after hinting at Diablo.

It really shows how out of touch they are, hopefully it served as a wake-up call. But I digress... obviously it wouldn't cancel Blizzcons.

Realistically, it shows that they are looking at demand in a different market. Apparently the Chinese markets have been clamoring for this kind of mobile game. It just absolutely sucks for the rest of us that mobile is how they are choosing to continue the story for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairoll View Post
    Realistically, it shows that they are looking at demand in a different market. Apparently the Chinese markets have been clamoring for this kind of mobile game. It just absolutely sucks for the rest of us that mobile is how they are choosing to continue the story for now.
    I have no doubt about it. And it makes sense to utilize it in the US and so on. What doesn't make sense is that they made it the centerpiece of the presentation as if it was something to hype over. It's not the product that was bad (it is, but it will be profitable in China as you say if nothing else), but the presentation was... ridiculous, to say the least.

Damn, I still haven't got around to playing Destiny 2, despite buying it with b.net balance right when it launched. Guess I should, one day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I have no doubt about it. And it makes sense to utilize it in the US and so on. What doesn't make sense is that they made it the centerpiece of the presentation as if it was something to hype over. It's not the product that was bad (it is, but it will be profitable in China as you say if nothing else), but the presentation was... ridiculous, to say the least.
    It was ill-thought out and smacks of being someone's last-minute decision. Wild guess that it was Adham's call. People should likely get used to it. If Blizzard is going to expand their product line into mobile then there will be more announcements at Blizzcon. That's inevitable.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Blizzard is part of the foundation of ATVI's income, and that income pays the dividends for ATVI stock. Investors are NOT going to demand that ATVI cut loose the basis of the reason for holding the stock in the first place. When Blizzard is costing ATVI money is when they would start to demand that. Blizzard isn't even remotely close to that. Blizzard is still a profitable company, they're just not growing according to expectations.

IF ANYTHING, if ATVI continues to have problems (and they will, from what it looks like for releases for 2019 across the board), what they will do first is call for new leadership, and ask Kotick to step down. The Board can vote to remove him as CEO. I'm not sure what Kotick's personal stake in ATVI stock-wise, but he can be removed if his actions have impacted the performance of the company.

Blizzard being cut loose from ATVI is a pipe dream, right now. To even hope for it is flatly ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

That's utterly pipe dream territory.
    I can't stand pseudo-intellectual nonsense. "to even hope for it is flatly ridiculous"

Stepping outside of rational discourse for the sake of posturing and disagreeing. How is hoping for something "flatly ridiculous"? Your probability of hitting the lotto is incredibly low. Does that mean it's "flatly ridiculous" to hope you win?

As for ATVI, what would happen realistically is Blizzard would be purchased by another major company. Those stock holdings will either be split or transferred or both. The new company buys the controlling shares and it's replaced with cash or they could swap share for share (transferred) and current share holders will obtain shares of the new stock. This can be hugely beneficial for major holders especially considering ATVI's price has been halved over the last 52 weeks. Accompanied with positive PR, this could mean a surge for shareholders and/or options for additional investments.

As a shareholder myself, I would be interested in seeing this occur.

Sure, profitability is a good thing and a dividend can help keep investors invested in the stock as part of their portfolio but this isn't synonymous with stock price. Just because a company is profitable and delivers its dividends does not mean they don't care when a stock price falls by 50%. If the company does not recover and shareholders feel Activision's influence is negatively effecting stock price, profit projections and/or earnings -- they will most certainly be willing to consider the possibility of a split. It's extremely unlikely but definitely possible.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It was ill-thought out and smacks of being someone's last-minute decision. Wild guess that it was Adham's call. People should likely get used to it. If Blizzard is going to expand their product line into mobile then there will be more announcements at Blizzcon. That's inevitable.
    Well next Blizzcon's highlight will undoubtedly be the upcoming WoW expansion. Every other Blizzcon tends to focus on the new WoW expansion, and the rest have to be something else. This Blizzcon was light on content, but they did have Warcraft III reforged (which was actually the only thing last Blizzcon I really cared about, anyways), so they could have at least focused on that, I think.

Sadly you're probably right that they are going to focus on mobile stuff more heavily, most likely. I want to believe they won't, but it would be foolish to assume they aren't going to move more heavily in that direction, sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Cancelling Blizzcon's forever over one product announcement that didn't go the way they expected seems like an overreaction.
    Yeah sure it does seem like it, but on the other hand, there's no more Morhaime or pretty much anyone of the public figures which community actually cared for. Now we have just your typical corporate execs like J. Brack and such, who are just bland and not that interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awelon View Post
    Yeah sure it does seem like it, but on the other hand, there's no more Morhaime or pretty much anyone of the public figures which community actually cared for. Now we have just your typical corporate execs like J. Brack and such, who are just bland and not that interesting.
    I don't think of J. Allen Brack as bland. He's a lot more confrontational. That may well change over this year but people have strong opinions for/against Brack that they never had about Morhaime who by all accounts is a very nice guy and if he made a lot of decisions that people didn't like he never talked about them.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Is someone still here? I'm a newbie and I would like to play Destiny 2 with someone of you
    Will it be possible somehow?

Yes, I am still playing in this game. It is very interesting, but the game is very difficult and I think that it will be pretty hard for you as a newbie to start playing it. I am playing Destiny 2 for 3 months and I still don't know everything in that game. The game is full of details and it will take a lot of time for you to learn how to be good in this game. It's so difficult, that I had to use some destiny 2 services in order to boost my account and to make the game easier. It was the only solution for me, because I was already getting nervous when I was failing. These services changed everything and I became much stronger.
    Last edited by RoyFollman; 2019-11-26 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyFollman View Post
    Yes, I am still playing in this game. It is very interesting, but the game is very difficult and I think that it will be pretty hard for you as a newbie to start playing it.
    Destiny 2 has a PG13 rating.

It ain't rocket science, and nobody steps beyond being a newbie unless they start playing.

Also: This thread is heavily necroed.

I don't like destiny... Better to play World of Warcraft. I've used a lot of services but the only I liked is https://kingboost.net/ Shadowlands Boosting Services in order to boost my account quickly instead of paying attention to routine tasks myself.