I really really miss Master-Loot system

Basically, as the title says I really miss Master-Loot based system and I'm not the only one since many of my guild members or friends quit the game because of that. Not because they cannot trade the loot but, mostly because they got the feeling that they were forced to kill a current boss times and times again until they got it or they wasted many coins on it. As an officer I cannot reward my raiders neither trials who are trying hard and that saddens me.

Not that Personal Loot is bad but, there are many cases which you cannot trade items you don't need because they are an Ilvl upgrade. For example if you have a weapon with socket at 380 ilvl and you loot a 385 one which you don't need, then you can't trade it.

I'm not here to discuss how bad or good the loot system is now but as many times people have said the game is so much based on RNG right now.

I never posted here before but almost every day I was lurking here up-voting people's posts and tried to be silent but here I am, frustrated because the game I love and the company I love have turned to be hated and memed.

Please Blizzard bring the Master Loot back! :'(

I am understand your feelings, and I agree with you.

But, they really quit the game because of it?

Was there really a point in copy/pasting a reddit thread?

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...erloot_system/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dremmy View Post

Not to mention that this is probably the 1000th echo of a master loot thread.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Dremmy View Post

Ever occur to you that he may've posted it two places? Dude sounds like he wants to get something off his chest. Let him.

And I agree with you OP. Seems like an odd solution, just straight up removing ML. It was such a core part of the game, which the community found creative solutions to, for so many years..

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    Ever occur to you that he may've posted it two places? Dude sounds like he wants to get something off his chest. Let him.

And I agree with you OP. Seems like an odd solution, just straight up removing ML. It was such a core part of the game, which the community found creative solutions to, for so many years..
    I don't tend to make new accounts on a forum just to repeat a topic I've discussed on another platform. Did it ever occur to you it might not actually be the same person and someone wanting to do a lazy shitpost?

Quote Originally Posted by Scream And Fly View Post
    I am understand your feelings, and I agree with you.

But, they really quit the game because of it?
    It was probably the last straw of Blizzard treating us like children.

It seems the game was thriving when people could do whatever they wanted. From double on-use trinkets, through pve gear in pvp, or farming MoS hundreds of times, people just grinded shit.

Nowadays, Blizzard has a very narrow approach of restricting things while before things were just let go. I dont see a problem with letting people go crazy and play countless hours for whatever reasons - it is the players' choice after all.

Deleted
    I don't miss it because I never really appreciated that the joy of killing a boss was partly diminished because your reward was in the hands of guild politics. Stressful and slowed down the raid. What is enjoyable about and sitting there waiting to see if officers like you enough to give you a bit of gear? It just causes resentment between players. And if you have the epgp/dkp whatever points then you know you're going to get something anyway. I agree it's stupid to remove ML for guilds that WANT to use it, though.

It only pisses me off because my guild does loot distribution before break. And everyone links what they have and we stay around to roll or to give loot. And this takes long and I want to go pee and not stay around till everyone links what they have to trade or stay till my piece is put up for roll so I can give it.

Btw, there's high cances:
    - I won't trade an azerite piece at all, no matter what I have
    - I won't trade a piece I don't have for transmog
    - I won't trade a piece because I'm lazy and antisocial and also an enchanter

But the thing is, I don't even look at what others get or even link to trade. Not sure why, but I find it tiresome. So when I get nothing it feels like the boss dropped nothing. Sort of like LFR I think. Not anything I'd flip over, but not a good feeling either.

I feel for you... I still feel like removing master loot was done primarily to curb split raiding, but I predicted after the announcement that Blizzard's solution would be worse than master looting. One reason is that most high end guilds now have things like loot contracts which require you to trade your loot away for distribution anyway. I believe their changes simply didn't go far enough. This is how I would improve personal loot... no, it's not bringing master loot back, but it's certainly better than what is in the game currently and also absolutely kills split raiding.

1) No trading of loot whatsoever
    2) Limit WF to +5 ilvl and TF to +10 ilvl
    3) Bring in a currency that can be used to WF and TF items... if you get dropped a WF or TF item it's just a bonus that saves you some currency
    4) Introduce bad luck protection to every single high level drop in the game and set the number of times you need to kill the boss at a very reasonable level before you reach 100% BLP, like 15 or 20 kills. In practice, this means every time you kill a boss that your chances to get an applicable item dropped increases.
    5) Coin rolls count as kills for BLP, allowing you to target a certain boss's loot table
    6) Eliminate random secondary stats and gem slots

The current dev team would never introduce changes like these, however, because I think they honestly still believe that an RNG laden loot system increases longevity. It might do that for a short time, until the player gets fed up and quits completely.

Deleted
    i hope it stays buried

Deleted
    I really really don't. It was a source of dramas we can do without.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarfarosh View Post
    Basically, as the title says I really miss Master-Loot based system and I'm not the only one since many of my guild members or friends quit the game because of that. Not because they cannot trade the loot but, mostly because they got the feeling that they were forced to kill a current boss times and times again until they got it or they wasted many coins on it. As an officer I cannot reward my raiders neither trials who are trying hard and that saddens me.

Not that Personal Loot is bad but, there are many cases which you cannot trade items you don't need because they are an Ilvl upgrade. For example if you have a weapon with socket at 380 ilvl and you loot a 385 one which you don't need, then you can't trade it.

I'm not here to discuss how bad or good the loot system is now but as many times people have said the game is so much based on RNG right now.

I never posted here before but almost every day I was lurking here up-voting people's posts and tried to be silent but here I am, frustrated because the game I love and the company I love have turned to be hated and memed.

Please Blizzard bring the Master Loot back! :'(
    What do you mean you are not happy with the way Blizzard forces you to change the social dynamics of a reward system which worked for a decade in your guild and took the choice away for deciding how to handle loot. Who would have guessed this would happen with that change, huge bummer :/.

Topics like this are such a great way to rate the community compositions. While the ML/PL topic gets crushed in the official forums from people playing the game, it get's some more coloration at mmo-champion (with: thats why I play on private servers..., thats why I quit /quit 15 years ago/never played in the first place...) and goes to 80% upvote at reddit.

Thank god MMO-champion does not participate in this voting-troll system.