Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Study confirms that the Trump Effect is real

A study conducted in Virgina found that in areas that voted heavily for Trump in 2016 saw increases in bullying in schools after the election.

Not surprising; Trump is a bully and his supporters are bullies and kids learn from their parents/family.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

The rise in hate crimes was obvious enough to tell you it was real.

Can we call it "Trump Enragement Syndrome?"
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, and all that.

It's sad, but not enough are willing to do what is required to prevent future generations from the Republican corruption so it's just going to continue.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    It's true, trump derangement syndrome exists.

I can use buzzwords like man spreading and white male privilege too.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2019-01-10 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    It's true, trump derangement syndrome exists.

I can use buzzwords like man spreading and white male privilege too.
    It's interesting, because the Trump zealots use those terms more than the few SJWs they vilify.

Basically what psychological projections look like in the flesh.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    It's interesting, because the Trump zealots use those terms more than the few SJWs they vilify.

Basically what psychological projections look like in the flesh.
    You just claimed all republicans are the same and used the term trump zealots while trying to claim 'not all sjws!'
    You don't see the irony?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that definitely explains the sudden rise in death threats from our Trump-Worshippers here.

When in doubt...threaten to hurt someone because that's what your God Emperor would do.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Well that definitely explains the sudden rise in death threats from our Trump-Worshippers here.

When in doubt...threaten to hurt someone because that's what your God Emperor would do.
    I mean, can anyone think up of any occasion at all where the alt-right didn't sling an accusation they are guilty of themselves?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    You just claimed all republicans are the same and used the term trump zealots while trying to claim 'not all sjws!'
    You don't see the irony?
    SJWs are not a thing, repblicans have a clear political idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Basically "I don't shill for Trump, I just happen to shill for everything he stands for".

It's a bizarre distinction to make, but hey, to each their own brand of self-deception.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Sjws claim sjws don't exist to stop their feelings being hurt.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically "I don't shill for Trump, I just happen to shill for everything he stands for".

It's a bizarre distinction to make, but hey, to each their own brand of self-deception.
    Its entertaining when a political far leftist american pretends they have the moral superiority, but doesn't pause to think if the person their having that opinion of actually american or living in america?

I don't give a shit about trump or what he stands for, its just funny seeing the levels of insanity american left goes to over it.

1. confirmation bias
    2. correlation does not imply causation

I don't really see the correlation here. Blue and red areas still often have significant minorities of the other party and I'm not convinced kids pay much attention to politics.

The article doesn't go into what kind of bullying this is or how politics plays into it either.

If you take into account what people consider "bullying" now , yeah of course it rose. Don't want to give someone a valentine, kids a bully , throw a snowball you're a bully and suspended , tell the smelly kid he smells youre a bully.

when i went to school the bullies beat the fuck out of kids no one cried over name calling

Quote Originally Posted by nymphetsss View Post
    If you take into account what people consider "bullying" now , yeah of course it rose. Don't want to give someone a valentine, kids a bully , throw a snowball you're a bully and suspended , tell the smelly kid he smells youre a bully.

when i went to school the bullies beat the fuck out of kids no one cried over name calling
    I think this plays an important role. It reminds me of Jonathan Haidt's research on the oversensitive nature of children born in the 90s and onwards as well as the tendency of school administrators to cave into them. He talked about it on a recent Joe Rogan podcast.

Not all that surprising, the kind of person who has a preference for Trump lends themselves toward far-leaning viewpoints, extremities make a difference over large sample sizes.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    You don't see the irony?
    Did he? Because that's not what his post said. Did you maybe read what you want to see, instead of what was there?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nymphetsss View Post

So you didn't read the article then. Gotcha.
    Last edited by cubby; 2019-01-10 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    On the bright side, it tells us why alt-righters love to normalize their brand of malicious violence, at least in part - they grew up in an environment that encouraged it.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Did he? Because that's not what his post said. Did you maybe read what you want to see, instead of what was there?

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you cant read at all then? I don't get why people like you spout this bullshit, of course i read the article. Gotta inflate that post count somehow with meaningless dribble>?

- - - Updated - - -

On the bright side, it tells us why alt-righters love to normalize their brand of malicious violence, at least in part - they grew up in an environment that encouraged it.
    Its okay to be a good little nazi and hate on a native american like myself and name call for no reason i guess?