Poll: Still Subbed?

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yep, the things i care about are in pretty solid shape, titanforging is a bit of a nuisance, but i don't care about gear enough to unsub over it.

My guild fell apart and all of the people I added to my friends with to do m+, in addition to my original m+ push group all quit. Pugging is like playing an FPS but only using knives so, no I'm not longer subbed. I'll probably come back in the last patch for the expansion and go through all content all at once. Maybe try to see if I can find a raiding guild once the next expansion launches and hope that it actually survives and that the next expansion tries to fix what was bad about BfA instead of just making the same mistake again with a new system.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not.
    I played BfA for a couple of weeks and just stopped. I haven't enjoyed the WoW gameplay loop character progression systems since Cataclysm. Saying I enjoyed Cataclysm is a stretch, as WotLK hit a "sweet spot" in terms of balancing depth and accessibility, in my opinion. TBC was even better. I didn't like MoP, WoD or Legion either. I don't "hate" the game, it's just clearly not designed for people like me anymore.

I unsubbed a few months ago.
    I might check out 8.2.
    I'm sick of the lack of true character progression and investment now. Too much relies on rng, azerite gear is a fake power up grind as it's reset with new gear pieces.

Biggest things for me:
    Rng
    Stats and snap shotting
    No real investment for a real long term goal
    Classes are so basic

I just took FFXIV back up and it gave me a lot of what I wanted. And can't say wow is in a position for me to drop FF again.

Im answering to your question
    And the answer is NOTHING

10+ Year Old Account
    Boredom, goldshire in moonguard. That's about it, I've achieved some level of peace with my unsubbing and convince myself that hope is a doomed thing. So i've managed not to miss wow too much. But yeah, get bored or a real hankering and I could drift back for a month. But at this point there is no sustainability to my willingness to play
    Wrath baby and proud of it

The only thing that really interested me about this xpac are allied races and I find the grind unbearable. I'm waiting for blizz to lower the rep needed so I can roll alts and retire my main until the next xpac.

I played, with a concurrent sub from the beginning of TBC until almost the end of Cataclysm. That's what? About 5.5 years.

I slipped all but the last 2 months of pandaland, I played 6 months of WoD and 6 months of Legion. Being there for the launch, staying 3 months each, then coming back for 3 months after flying was added back.

I never purchased BfA, and haven't subbed 1 day since it's launch.

What will it take for me to come back? Classic WoW.As much as I would LOVE to see WoW return to it's successful roots of development... I don't think it can. The current devs, (not the art team, not the model designers, etc., but the people making decisions on core mechanics, rewards, etc.) are simply so out of touch they cannot produce quality gaming any more.

They are so hellbent on becoming "famous" for the next big thing in WoW, that they are sacrificing al most all of what made WoW so successful in the first place.

For me, playing the "old WoW" is far more an exciting of a prospect, then anything they can bring to the table.

My once hope is that Classic outperforms "live WoW" in all the areas they measure. And in doing so cause "new Devs" (because the old ones will liekly be fired) to make new content that is more closely based on the gaming/reward principles of vanilla, TBC, Wrath.

For now I am just happy that I will have at least 2 more years of WoW... and I can only hope it evolves into another two for Clasic TBC, then 2 more again for Classic WotLK.

Because other than that, and the miracle of hopes I mentioned... WoW is dead to me.

I am not currently subbed.

They waste valuable time constantly tweaking classes, which for the most part were already in a good place. But the time they spent on constant iteration for iterations sake meant too little time spent fleshing out other content. They are doing it to themselves. All that time wasted, and three classes were still shipped in poor state. One still remains in poor shape (playability).

You experience all other content through your character. When they are left feeling crappy to play, everything else will be crappy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still subbed. Still working on mythic g'huun. Fielding a full consistent mythic raid team has by far been the hardest boss this expansion. We've lost more than half our original roster and are borrowing raiders from guilds that have completely given up. It is so demoralizing, but I think we will see CE tomorrow.

Also, this crap about waiting until damn near the halfway mark of the expansion to play a feature of the expansion is ludicrous. Zandalari trolls and Kultiran humans should have been in the game playable once you reached exalted.

I don’t want to hear the “story” excuse. You could have made a troll at 110 and given quests saying you were an emissary to the horde and it was up to you to decipher the Horde’s intent and worth. Same for kultirans. You could’ve been a lone member of those factions interested in the Horde/Alliance’s goals and interests in your land.

Time hating a major feature like that is cheap. Not to mention NOW their racials are finally getting tested. Almost a year and a half after being announced. That is stupid. Do they not have dry erase marker boards?!? How have they gone this far without some level of actual thought put into them? They should never have been a topic of such discussion on forums. They should have already been relatively balanced. The fact they aren’t tells me that while they were planned, they sat for a very long time untouched and ignored for the past 1.5 years.

That shows me a complete failure of proper planning and development. Shame really.

Sadly i am not.

What will bring me back?

A combination of things like:

Less RNG. MUCH less Rng.
    Making Azerite system as something fun to pursue and play.
    Making Island Expeditions have fun and rewards. Making them soloable without the idiot AI could help.
    Warfronts. Ditch them.
    Have less trash on Dungeons.
    Finetune scaling to something NOT annoying.
    Make even less XP needed for leveling 1-110 chars.
    Balance Specs/Classes. Stop experimenting with them in every expansion.

Deleted
    Unsubbed now, last time played (and it was for an afternoon) was november 18th...
    Had 6months sub payed up for, that thread was a reminder to check it up before autopay kicks in (gametime expires at January 15th). Thanks a bunch.

PS... When Classic WoW is being released ill be back. For those still playing retail, have fun!

Sick and tired of current wow and the direction lizzard has taken it into, so no, i am not subbed.

This game is dead. If you don’t think so, go google Is Everquest dead and find some Everquest forums. The Everquest forums out there look very similar to current Warcraft forums. Wow was a great game. It’s past it’s time and in its natural decline. The only sad thing is that blizzard is trying to milk every cent they can out of their blindly devoted fans. It’s insukting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    If they are addicted, then why don't they sub? It's not like there's anything stopping them. Crack addicts get their crack, heroin addicts do anything to get their heroin, they don't sit on forums talking about their addictions instead. Game is bad and if you like it that's fine, you just have shitty taste (or, more likely, are an addict who is trying to project your addiction onto others).

You don't need to protect your multibillion dollar corporate overlords. Don't worry, they won't shut WoW down as long as it remains profitable. You'll just have to shell out more cash for microtransactions as the majority leaves for greener pastures.
    Sitting on the forums is a way to get that fix. They keep connected to it cause they can't let go.

I don't care about what Blizzard wants. I enjoy the game. But what i don't enjoy is vengeful people. We all know that's what it is about. They can't let go and they want to destroy it cause it's the only way to "cure" themselves in their view. As someone who enjoys the game, i have issue with that, so i will call it out.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2019-01-13 at 03:35 PM.

Current expansion looks like an absolute snorefest. Hoping they'll get their shit together for the next expansion, but the extreme rng does not interest me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoc9bcc15fba0 View Post
    Current expansion looks like an absolute snorefest. Hoping they'll get their shit together for the next expansion, but the extreme rng does not interest me.
    I find it quite odd that Hazzikostas hasn't been fired yet. I like him as a person, but the game has been in a downward spiral for a couple of years under his leadership.

I assume there will be a new game director for the next expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I'm still on my 6 month sub (purchased before the boat was announced). Will I still be subscribed when it's up? That is a tough question because I"ve been waiting for Zandalari and Kul Tirans for a long time now, but this expansion is falling victim to Blizzard's taffy-stretching initiative, stretching content out to make it seem like there's content "in development" when really it's' being run by a skeleton crew. It is, I'm really confident in that assumption.

Blizzard really is in trouble because it's going down the tubes in search of greed and all it will find is piss and shit. I'm not going to continue to support them in their self-destruction and I encourage their developers to take a long hard look at the company they're working for.

Class Design is utterly terrible.

If they abandon this failed direction and make the Rogue class play more like it did from 2004-2016 then I would consider resubscribing but I'm not paying for this gaudy, pruned, hamfisted ClassFantasyTM garbage.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams