Poll: Still Subbed?

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    That feeling when more than 50% of the people on a World of Warcraft forum aren't even subscribed anymore and just float around to trash talk it (:
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Hottage View Post
    That feeling when more than 50% of the people on a World of Warcraft forum aren't even subscribed anymore and just float around to trash talk it (:
    Thats why people who play and enjoy this game left this shitsite a long time ago. Wowhead is a great alternative with a nice community.

MMO champ used to be okay, habbit of trolling + bad moderation doesn't seem to be a solution for a nice community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Resubbing at this point feels a bit like buying a PLEX and go back into EVE Online. You want to go back in, but you know in advance that within single digit hours you've remembered why you're bored in the game, and regretted paying for another month and once again
    you'll be yet another +1 monthly unique user or whatever metric Blizzard will use to defend their design choices.

I hear that 8.2 will implement some sort of artifact-trait-ish system to the HoA, which is of course little but a panicked rushjob and you'll feel straight away it's not what Blizzard intended, but it'll be thrown in because the near impenetrable firewalls between the devs and the players finally let one thing through:
    There's NO sense of progression WHATSOEVER.
    It's a step in the right direction, don't get me wrong, but WoWs issues that are alienating hardcores and casuals alike away, are at this point EXTREMELY cemented in the overall design paradigm of the game, and I am sad to say I don't believe Blizzard will realize in time that they've tried to satisfy too many different demographics for far too long.

I am almost fascinated, mostly saddened, at just how completely the WoW devs seem to have forgotten how important human nature and psychology plays into MMORPG design in order to foster a sense of wanting to do tasks in order to progress your character and make it yours, make it stronger, make it able to tackle more and more difficulty, exclusive content. Instead the entire f'ing game is designed to make sure you get to your "endgame" within 12-24h at maxlevel. The only thing left is to just get random ilvl increments thrown at you from all sides, from weekly and bi-weekly loot pinatas you can't lose.

I didn't stay subbed almost without breaks for 12 years just to see the game turn into a braindead, goldstar-for-logging-in, hub ARPG. I'm playing DOS2 and there's no end to all the reminders of how much Blizzard has fucked up for the sake of accessibility and fairness. Just how little "RPG" there is left in this would-be MMORPG WoWs says it is.

Because WoW is barely an RPG anymore. Your choices don't matter, you barely even have a say in what your character turns into, other than choosing spec and talent choices, assuming you for whatever reason chose anything but the suggested talents on Icy Veins or copying some top players spec. Your entire "journey" to maxlevel and your preferred endgame style of content is buttonmashing without chance of failure, then you spend 12-36h at 120 getting gear fired at you for no effort,you enter the latest raid on your preferred difficulty, and then the hamsterwheel continues spinning. BFA is truly an affront to the genre.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2019-01-18 at 01:20 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Classic is coming, and this site has more then just WoW discussion.

If you want a forum with 100% subscription, it's Blizzard's own forum.

Quote Originally Posted by temple1906 View Post
    Because starting with SCII Blizzard has consistently used up massive budgets to release games that lack longterm success and whose fans outright reject mtx. They can't make their games last like SC1, WC3, and WoW and they can't mitigate the lack of longevity with mtx. They don't want to give players custom map/game tools anymore because they are terrified someone will make the next DotA with them and they'll lose out again. This is partly what killed the SC2 community. So, they can't make their games last because they don't want to give people custom editor options, and their players hate microtransactions with a burning passion. Well there's esports right? Well, as it turns out, you can't force an esport, it has to develop naturally from the community. Unfortunately, Blizzard is obsessed with esports because SC1 is such a good one. They fail to understand that SC1 is such a good esport not just because Blizzard was/are brilliant developers but because the community formed naturally. When an esport forms naturally it has a more invested community, as there is no money backing it, it's just pure passion for the game. Combine that with a thriving custom game scene for the more casual players and you have an esport. Blizzard is convinced that they can be the king of esports but they don't understand how good esports games are created, hint: it's not by trying to make them esports, it's by making a good game and seeing if the community forms around it. SC2 was built as an esports game and it's pretty much dead. Hearthstone was turned into an esports game and it's dying. HotS was turned into an esports game and it's dying. Overwatch was built as an esports game and it's dying. Now they are heading to mobile, where the playerbase is half as smart and twice as likely to pay them for microtransactions.
    Bro you are a prophet!!! And so true some of the best games I have played became huge esports games because the player base made it a thing.

see it like people who used to absolutely *love* the game, and are seeking for a bit of hope to love it again from people who are still playing and talking about it. And when they don't find that spark, they try to talk about what went wrong. Just like when you and your friends start talking about "these awesome holidays when we did have such a blast" but current context doesn't allow to do anything but talking about it, or what you miss.
    Last edited by Kourvith; 2019-01-19 at 12:02 AM.

Yes, unfortunately.

Back when the Dreadwake mount was available with a 6 month subscription, I bought into it... which I have come to regret. I haven't even touched the game in a few months already. Back then, even though I was already getting bored, I figured I would stay subscribed anyways and still had friends playing, so why not get a free mount? Now, all my friends and guild had already left, and I don't feel like the current state of the game is any fun. I would only be logging in to do content from expansions ago, and I'm just not in the mood for that. I've been having far more fun playing other games, like FFXIV and some single player games.

Once that time runs out I'll stay unsubscribed until it feels like the game is being made for players, and not shareholders. However, based on the current shift of their focus towards mobile gaming, I'm getting doubtful the game can ever truly be great again. Despite having played off and on since the game was released, throughout every expansion, I feel like my attachment to my account and characters is greatly weakening for the first time.

I might come back for a bit when Zandalari and Kul tiran are finally releaed. Otherwise, definitely not at all tempted to resub.

yes but my guildmate since vanilla, half of them, are leaving the game because bfa is pure shit, so i will probably stop it too soon, im there since vanilla but blizzard really let us down since a few years now, it's time to get my head of this game and look around all the wonderful games there is

Nope, unsubbed last month. I resubbed briefly when the blood elf heritage armor came out to get my blood elf to 120, but I didn't even get there. Game is too fucking boring. Levelling zones suck (especially the Horde ones) and the rest sucks ass.

They should have never focused an expansion on the faction war. It's bullshit. We all know Sylvanas is gonna be offered up as a scapegoat and the Old Gods were behind half of it and by the end of it we're all gonna be pals again blablabla. Legion was awesome, BfA sucks so hard in comparison.

I won't resub until WoW Classic comes out.