Lightbulb A small Idea: Race Raids

I've been thinking alot about small things that could be added for fun into wow

and one of them is Race raids:

What if you could challenge a guild or queue up like pvp but with your raid group and choose a raid and you race againts another guild's raiding party to defeat all the bosses the quickest and at the end there is a reward like gear/gold/*insert what you want here*

You'd get a small UI to see what boss the guild you are taking on is with other small details.

i like the thrill of racing against other people and then the satisfaction that comes after when you win i'd just want to go again and again.
    i tought maybe this could be a good idea as a weekly holiday like timewalking or so i don't know

tell me what you think

Nah. That idea distorts gameplay. Instead of using the current roster to win PvE bosses, guilds would research the cheesiest ways, stack classes etc just to win.

Either the reward must be too good to pass or it wll be too shite to bother.

I think this would only work at organized events. WoW community would just be wintrading.

....kinda not very relevant either...for the most part every race can be almost EVERY class as it is..every race has at least 2 styles of healer and 2 styles of tank and a myraid of DPS
    there may be some awkwardness of it every so often (say all Tauren raid of G'hunn since they can't be warlocks) but it can pretty easily be handled with the fact that there's NO way in hell this would be done in Mythic for just this very reason

How about no.... How about raids where it requires strategy and cc and using other abilities and ideas then just GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOOO!!!!!1111!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    How about no.... How about raids where it requires strategy and cc and using other abilities and ideas then just GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOOO!!!!!1111!!!!
    so Mythic?

I think that the idea suits M+ more than raids.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flevor View Post
    I've been thinking alot about small things that could be added for fun into wow

and one of them is Race raids:

What if you could challenge a guild or queue up like pvp but with your raid group and choose a raid and you race againts another guild's raiding party to defeat all the bosses the quickest and at the end there is a reward like gear/gold/*insert what you want here*

You'd get a small UI to see what boss the guild you are taking on is with other small details.

i like the thrill of racing against other people and then the satisfaction that comes after when you win i'd just want to go again and again.
    i tought maybe this could be a good idea as a weekly holiday like timewalking or so i don't know

tell me what you think
    No. M+ timers already ruin the experience for me, let's don't add it to raids (albeit it isn't exactly the same thing).
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Hard pass. I'm sick of timers on every goddamn thing in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    so Mythic?
    Nope. Even more strat than that!