Thread: Mecha'thun

Mecha'thun

Can anyone logically explain to me why these kinds of decks exist? Like I get that people hate aggro decks, if you draw very good, there is very little counter play, but Mecha'thun decks are actually based around drawing out your deck (there are plenty of classes/cards that help you do this very quickly.) I don't understand how someone at Blizzard can actually let this go live. You are actually forced to play an aggro deck against this because you are literally dead when these classes draw out their combo with literally 0 counterplay. I fully realize there are plenty of other problems, and this might just be more of a vent because I lost to one of these braindead decks, but I just don't quite get the logic behind making a card that literally requires you to do nothing but draw your deck as fast as possible.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The counter play is to mill important cards from your opponent or kill them before their deck is empty. The problem is that non-mill decks can't do that and you often don't even know it's a Mecha'thun deck until it's too late. I like to play control so I'm in it for the long run and I'm happy that my Warlock opponent keeps life tapping until I see two Galvanizers drop. There might be some hard counters to these decks but it's none of the ones I play, that's for sure.

Control loses to combo, combo loses to aggro, aggro loses to control. Working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Control loses to combo, combo loses to aggro, aggro loses to control. Working as intended.
    There are decent decks that can counter every type of deck, they are usually mid ranged. The only issue with mid range is you have to win before or on turn 10 usually.

Deleted
    LOL

This is hearthstone not magic, here warlocks have a hero power that means they draw 2 cards per turn and hunters have a DK that will defeat any control, even if its the only card they play.

5+ Year Old Account
    its great i love mechathun, u can play control mechathun deck and people wont know what the hell you are playing XD

Its a top control DECK!

Yes, mostly and not really-- it depends on the specifics. Odd warrior, a supposed anti-aggro powerhouse crushes odd rogue but is a tossup with odd paladin and midrangey hunters. Evenlock can bully odd paladin out of existence but is weak to many others.

Control vs aggro games are in my opinion the most enjoyable and organic feeling. You both have the opposite game plan and it just works. You never feel cheated out of a game before turn 1 due to a bad matchup. it's not near impossible like odd warrior vs mechathun lock or other exodia combos

dont really know what can be done about that sort of stuff from a design perspective without nerfs, just hope they stop printing more mechathuns in the future \o/

u have to kill it faster than it kills u, likely u can try to counter it with warlock or hunter