Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
  1. #261
    Scarab Lord Maxrokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Zuldazar
    Posts
    4,713
    The orcs got rid of green jesus, that has to count for something right?

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    The orcs got rid of green jesus, that has to count for something right?
    We liked Green Jesus before he was Green Jesus. We don't want to get rid of him so much as we want him to grow his fucking hair back, throw out the potato sack he's been wearing, and stop being an irresponsible PoS. No fucking "Go'el" nonsense.

    You want to know the funny thing about "Go'el"? Thrall kept "Thrall" as his name as a reminder of his responsibilities and duty. "Go'el" is ironically perfectly fitting for him as a character in his current stages.

  3. #263
    Scarab Lord Maxrokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Zuldazar
    Posts
    4,713
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    We liked Green Jesus before he was Green Jesus. We don't want to get rid of him so much as we want him to grow his fucking hair back, throw out the potato sack he's been wearing, and stop being an irresponsible PoS. No fucking "Go'el" nonsense.

    You want to know the funny thing about "Go'el"? Thrall kept "Thrall" as his name as a reminder of his responsibilities and duty. "Go'el" is ironically perfectly fitting for him as a character in his current stages.
    I always considered Thrall and "Go'el" as different characters because they are so different, I miss the old Thrall but at this point the only message most player will get its about the horde cant work with green jesus

  4. #264
    The Lightbringer steelballfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    3,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Yeah the orcs are the real victims heres /s
    when someone doesn't tell you about his evil invading brother yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

  5. #265
    Titan Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Posts
    13,634
    Quote Originally Posted by Gann Stonespire View Post
    Besides Garrosh They lost:


    The Kor'kron, Evil and gone forever

    Warsong Clan, Evil and gone forever

    Dragonmaw Clan, Evil and gone forever

    Zaela, Evil and gone forever

    Shokia, Evil and gone forever

    Nazgrim, Sided with Garrosh and gone from the Horde forever

    The idea of Orcs moving on from the past, gone forever

    The idea of Orcs being family with Tauren and Trolls, gone Forever

    Orcs having a racial leader, gone forever

    Orcs being anything but evil cannon fodder, gone forever.


    Now with Battle for Azeroth, more races of the Horde can join orcs on the evil cannon fodder team.
    Let's find unity in the high ideals of worthless evil foddery.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    when someone doesn't tell you about his evil invading brother yes
    I mean, the Draenei literally dragged their own shitty issues all the way to Draenor and got everyone who lived there involved in their own bullshit. And while the Orcs couldn't know better, the Draenei were the supposedly "advanced" race and yet they proved to be just as obtuse as, well, the entire 90% of their race who fucking threw their lot to Sargeras.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    The alliance did sacked orgrimmar, and Varian had the last word that we only get away because of his mercy, the horde shit, the alliance became the superpotency in the world
    The Alliance did not plunder or destroy Ogrimmar which is the definition of sacking a city. They liberated it from an occupying force and then turned it over to the rest of the Horde. The fact that it was turned over with zero concessions by the Horde is nonsensical drivel to maintain the status quo. The fact that nothing in game after the cinematic reflects the Alliancd being "the superpower of the world" makes that standing meaningless. Every step of the way the Horde goes toe to toe with "the superpower" and inflicts heavier loses then they ever experiance.

  7. #267
    Fuck the Horde fanboy writers, my six year old son could write better stories than them

  8. #268
    Scarab Lord Maxrokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Zuldazar
    Posts
    4,713
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Fuck the Horde fanboy writers, my six year old son could write better stories than them
    Yeah how they dare to make the horde look bad and give some screen time, those monsters are worse than the legion

  9. #269
    Titan Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Posts
    13,634
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Fuck the Horde fanboy writers, my six year old son could write better stories than them
    I definitely have no doubts that you're genuinely concerned with the writing quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

  10. #270
    Immortal Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Warsong Gulch
    Posts
    7,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    The Alliance did not plunder or destroy Ogrimmar which is the definition of sacking a city.
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/pt/...ingles/sacking

    an attack on a building or town in which a lot of destruction is caused and many valuable things are stolen:
    1) They attack the town/city
    2) A lot of destruction happened
    3) Valuable things were stolen

    This is the definition of sacking and what happenend, so, it was sacked

    They liberated it from an occupying force and then turned it over to the rest of the Horde.
    they conquered the city with the help of a rebellion force then they left for vol'jin to manage things and retire the army as they plase


    The fact that it was turned over with zero concessions by the Horde is nonsensical
    Concessions happened

    The fact that nothing in game after the cinematic reflects the Alliancd being "the superpower of the world" makes that standing meaningless.
    Ingame doesn't matter, a lot of things were not showed ingame, what matter is lore

    Every step of the way the Horde goes toe to toe with "the superpower" and inflicts heavier loses then they ever experiance.
    the horde only stand toe to toe with the alliance now its because of the legion to weaken the alliance and because of the allies they got on the way of BfA

  11. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/pt/...ingles/sacking



    1) They attack the town/city
    2) A lot of destruction happened
    3) Valuable things were stolen

    This is the definition of sacking and what happenend, so, it was sacked



    they conquered the city with the help of a rebellion force then they left for vol'jin to manage things and retire the army as they plase




    Concessions happened



    Ingame doesn't matter, a lot of things were not showed ingame, what matter is lore



    the horde only stand toe to toe with the alliance now its because of the legion to weaken the alliance and because of the allies they got on the way of BfA
    Bolster your own ego up a little bit. Dignity is a good thing. As long as the Alliance isn't dead we need to keep going and fightning off those boys and girls in blue. Loktar! Ogar!

  12. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I definitely have no doubts that you're genuinely concerned with the writing quality.
    So appearance and fluff=quality for you? They can use all the flowery words in the vocab but it doesn't conceal the fact that their story is still shit.
    Last edited by lockybalboa; 2019-01-20 at 01:17 AM.

  13. #273
    The Lightbringer steelballfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    3,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I mean, the Draenei literally dragged their own shitty issues all the way to Draenor and got everyone who lived there involved in their own bullshit. And while the Orcs couldn't know better, the Draenei were the supposedly "advanced" race and yet they proved to be just as obtuse as, well, the entire 90% of their race who fucking threw their lot to Sargeras.
    it's all velen fault we are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

  14. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/pt/...ingles/sacking

    1) They attack the town/city
    2) A lot of destruction happened
    3) Valuable things were stolen

    This is the definition of sacking and what happenend, so, it was sacked

    they conquered the city with the help of a rebellion force then they left for vol'jin to manage things and retire the army as they plase

    Concessions happened

    Ingame doesn't matter, a lot of things were not showed ingame, what matter is lore

    the horde only stand toe to toe with the alliance now its because of the legion to weaken the alliance and because of the allies they got on the way of BfA
    The problem is the definition doesn't fit what happened. When a city is sacked the invaders go around and purposely cause destruction. Burn buildings down, slaughter civilians, per the dialog in game the Alliance sought to minimize damage to the city and the civilians were left alone. The entire purpose was to remove Garrosh from power. What of value was stolen from the city? The fact is that in game the Alliance went in and deposed a ruler and then washed their hands of the situation. Ogrimmar was not sacked by the Alliance.

    What concessions happened?

    In game does matter, not everything needs to be shown in game but if the Alliance is supposed to be the preeminent power on Azeroth that needs to be reflected in what the players experience in the game. Instead the opposite is shown with the Horde going toe to toe with the Alliance and winning. The closest they have come to showing the Alliance being the dominant power is the attack on Undercity which would have been a curb stomping if Jaina hadn't shown up.

    If the Legion weakened the Alliance then why didn't it weaken the Horde as well? They were just as involved in defeating the Legion.

  15. #275
    Immortal Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Warsong Gulch
    Posts
    7,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    The problem is the definition doesn't fit what happened.
    The definition clearly fit what happened, 3 points happened, and it is the definition

    When a city is sacked the invaders go around and purposely cause destruction. Burn buildings down, slaughter civilians, per the dialog in game the Alliance sought to minimize damage to the city and the civilians were left alone
    you are putting more variables, by the definition neither of the things of you listed need to happen to consolidate a sack, nothing imply burning things down ( and it happened) slaughter of civilains (who happened anyway, its just something you can't control) vol'jin said to Baine he need to be above o top the bloodshed, so things were rly bad

    The entire purpose was to remove Garrosh from power.
    in the horde side, the alliance want to defeat the Garrosh's horde, not just "remove him from power, onlylate Vrian decide let it be

    What of value was stolen from the city?
    you can see then in the representation of thee heirloons the alliance can get by defeating garrosh, all updated models from the horde weapons

    The fact is that in game the Alliance went in and deposed a ruler and then washed their hands of the situation. Ogrimmar was not sacked by the Alliance.
    it is already stated and proved by ingame lore that it was sacked, again, your argument hold no ground when its already proved

    What concessions happened?
    lots of territory back to the alliance, horde forces retired from other places, the kor'kron dismantled and finished, varian ultimato

    In game does matter, not everything needs to be shown in game but if the Alliance is supposed to be the preeminent power on Azeroth that needs to be reflected in what the players experience in the game.
    it can be, but the destruction of the ingame orrimmar is a retarded way to show it

    lots of thing happened but they never show ingame, this is just one of others

    Instead the opposite is shown with the Horde going toe to toe with the Alliance and winning
    where? now? its explained how they can go toe to toe now

    The closest they have come to showing the Alliance being the dominant power is the attack on Undercity which would have been a curb stomping if Jaina hadn't shown up
    .

    the alliance was the dominant power after mop, lots of things happened after that
    If the Legion weakened the Alliance then why didn't it weaken the Horde as well? They were just as involved in defeating the Legion.
    the horde didn't participate in most of the legion, didn't you saw the expansion? barely had horde, alliance was present even in argus

  16. #276
    The Siege of Orgrimmar was the most limp-dicked siege ever. We don't know who actually won it, but if it's the Alliance, their leniency goes beyond what is reasonable considering the first thing they would see once they invest the city is the Kor'kron using Theramore civilians as target practice. Yet still, they give Orgrimmar back, the city shows no lasting damage, they take no prisoners or hostages back with them and they even grant the Horde some concessions in order to preserve the peace despite total victory.

    Sorry, that's lenience itself. Look at Stormwind 1.0 for what happens when the Horde wins a siege. Now that's some right and proper sacking. The Horde got off with a slap on the wrist because gameplay demanded it.

  17. #277
    Titan Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Posts
    13,634
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    So appearance and fluff=quality for you?
    Well, it would be a start at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The Siege of Orgrimmar was the most limp-dicked siege ever. We don't know who actually won it, but if it's the Alliance, their leniency goes beyond what is reasonable considering the first thing they would see once they invest the city is the Kor'kron using Theramore civilians as target practice. Yet still, they give Orgrimmar back, the city shows no lasting damage, they take no prisoners or hostages back with them and they even grant the Horde some concessions in order to preserve the peace despite total victory.

    Sorry, that's lenience itself. Look at Stormwind 1.0 for what happens when the Horde wins a siege. Now that's some right and proper sacking. The Horde got off with a slap on the wrist because gameplay demanded it.
    Well, the matter is simpler than it seems. We can't say the Alliance single-handely achieved a military victory during the Siege of Orgrimmar because, well, it's not a victory they achieved by just themselves: the Alliance was in no kind of condition to demand anything because they won the war alongside the rebellious Horde. There are people saying that the Alliance totally stomped the Horde and others saying that the Alliance merely did the Horde a favor, but both cases are wrong: removing Garrosh was in the Alliance's best interests, the reason why they achieved that single goal alone is because the Horde shared that goal themselves, which led to both factions finding the common ground to cooperate. Would have been in the Alliance's best interests to achieve much more than that? Obviously, but the Horde itself would have surely liked as well to end the conflict without triggering a civil war within its ranks, getting its main capital invaded and forced to dethrone the Warchief in charge because of his deranged politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

  18. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Well, it would be a start at least.



    Well, the matter is simpler than it seems. We can't say the Alliance single-handely achieved a military victory during the Siege of Orgrimmar because, well, it's not a victory they achieved by just themselves: the Alliance was in no kind of condition to demand anything because they won the war alongside the rebellious Horde. There are people saying that the Alliance totally stomped the Horde and others saying that the Alliance merely did the Horde a favor, but both cases are wrong: removing Garrosh was in the Alliance's best interests, the reason why they achieved that single goal alone is because the Horde shared that goal themselves, which led to both factions finding the common ground to cooperate. Would have been in the Alliance's best interests to achieve much more than that? Obviously, but the Horde itself would have surely liked as well to end the conflict without triggering a civil war within its ranks, getting its main capital invaded and forced to dethrone the Warchief in charge because of his deranged politics.
    Whenever the victory is single-handed or not heavily depends on who runs the raid. If it's the Alliance... yes, they kinda did it all themselves. They kill the Sha of Pride, storm the beach, breach the gates, slaughter the Kor'kron, and incapacitate Garrosh. All the rebels did is send soldiers to be massacred by the Iron Juggernaut then vanish until the final cutscene.

    That's why to me, the Horde being the ones who actually did the raid is the only story path that makes sense for SoO. If the Alliance did 95% of the work but reap basically no additional rewards, then that's just bullshit. But even if the Horde does it, Orgrimmar is still mighty pristine for a city that gets sacked, and the Horde is still highly fortunate that their enemies did not decide to profit from their civil war.

  19. #279
    Titan Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Posts
    13,634
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Whenever the victory is single-handed or not heavily depends on who runs the raid. If it's the Alliance... yes, they kinda did it all themselves. They kill the Sha of Pride, storm the beach, breach the gates, slaughter the Kor'kron, and incapacitate Garrosh. All the rebels did is send soldiers to be massacred by the Iron Juggernaut then vanish until the final cutscene.

    That's why to me, the Horde being the ones who actually did the raid is the only story path that makes sense for SoO. If the Alliance did 95% of the work but reap basically no additional rewards, then that's just bullshit. But even if the Horde does it, Orgrimmar is still mighty pristine for a city that gets sacked, and the Horde is still highly fortunate that their enemies did not decide to profit from their civil war.
    It's a pretty worthless argument though since player's perspective is irrelevant. The event was canonically a cooperation, outright showed in some occasions and other times ignored due a matter of convenience and game mechanics, since both sides are represented in the same spots depending from the faction played. As a consequence, none of the two versions alone matter because if the Horde would have done that 95% of the job than the Alliance shouldn't have even been in Garrosh's underground throne room to begin with, they should have been, by all means, decimated right after Garrosh's forces were and viceversa.

    Nonetheless, the conclusive cinematic and plenty of other lore elements cemented the idea that, in whatever fashion, Alliance and Horde rebellion equally broke through Garrosh's forces and reached the Underhold, leading to the tense confrontation at the end. Failing to acknowledge this is just the vice of certain Alliance players and their snowflak-ish tendencies, unable to apparentely perceive the existence of a story outside of the one played by them.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2019-01-22 at 03:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •