Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    The Unstoppable Force Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    24,815
    And I gotta love how sites always pick pictures of Ocasio-Cortez with her eyes as wide as they can get and her mouth as open to emphasize the size of her teeth.

    Because let's not argue on policy, but instead detract on her looks.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I would come at that from the other direction, actually. Why is she the only new member of the House that anyone seems to be able to name?

    Maybe she'll be effective, maybe not. But for now she's done nothing yet and seems to be the Chosen One for the left. Every breath she takes seems to be newsworthy to them at the moment.
    She's not the "Chosen One" on the left.

    The only reason she's in the spotlight is that the right won't shut up about her.
    They ask me why I'm bringin' - A baby into battle - That's really irresponsible - And getting them rattled
    I say "give me a break - Get off of my back damn, it" - I didn't learn parenting - My daddy was a planet

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    She's not the "Chosen One" on the left.

    The only reason she's in the spotlight is that the right won't shut up about her.
    The spotlight is on her, because people need to justify voting for a guy who claimed he would default on national debt, to renegotiate a better deal. Because he has done it numerous times... it’s easy.
    Entropy won't yield to you.

  3. #23
    Herald of the Titans Thekri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Somewhere that is probably not inside a tank
    Posts
    2,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    And I gotta love how sites always pick pictures of Ocasio-Cortez with her eyes as wide as they can get and her mouth as open to emphasize the size of her teeth.

    Because let's not argue on policy, but instead detract on her looks.

    - - - Updated - - -



    She's not the "Chosen One" on the left.

    The only reason she's in the spotlight is that the right won't shut up about her.
    She is a distraction, lol. She draws GOP outrage every time she does anything, so Fox News loves her for ratings. On the Democrat side, there is a considerably less unanimous opinion on her.

  4. #24
    She is stupid, but this some new level of obsession.
    Your problem is that you’re more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by us italian View Post
    I wonder where people get the idea from that she's going to be a great leader in the future?. She can't even get basic economics correct. She said that Trump lies 24/7 (he does) yet she is doing the same thing.

    People should start doing some research instead of voting for these politicians blindlessly.
    She needs to dance more, say more ambiguous stuff, and keep learning from Bernie for the next 10 years, and she'll be fine. What she needs to stop doing is talk about things that can be verified and fact checked. For a while.

    I personally don't really like her, but it's really dumb to refuse to understand that she's very young and still naive (which is actually good, I prefer idealism over realism when it comes to economy), so she can grow up a lot.

    She has a great future.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    The only reason she's in the spotlight is that the right won't shut up about her.
    Just watch how that will backfire in a few years.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Intersectional Gringo View Post
    She is stupid, but this some new level of obsession.
    It's all the GOP has, really.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    I think it's safe to say the OP is suffering from AOCDS: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Derangement Syndrome
    I prefer Ocasio-Cortez Derangement, or OCD for short
    "As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    -H.L. Mencken, 1920

  8. #28
    Banned Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The land of ports
    Posts
    12,038
    I like her, but shes too idealistic

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The spotlight is on her, because people need to justify voting for a guy who claimed he would default on national debt, to renegotiate a better deal. Because he has done it numerous times... it’s easy.
    I'm sincerely hoping you're joking but extremely fearful that you're not.

  10. #30
    To be fair, Trumpkins believe in only one person to make every decision, and everyone in the admin is nothing more than followers, no matter how badly such decisions are.
    So to them it follows that AOC would do the same.

    I think she fully realizes her weaknesses and knows better...and to learn better.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Why is this the go-to argument whenever anyone criticizes Ocasio-Cortes?

    Perhaps it is because the far left treats her like the second coming of Christ...? And every other political article in the mainstream is about her. For example a few weeks ago with that "dancing controversy"... A couple of right-wingers on Twitter complained about a video of her dancing and that turned into a firestorm of multiple articles on every single mainstream media outlet in existence going on about "Ocasio-Cortez BTFO of those stupid conservatives with even more dancing!"...

    Hell just look at something like https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/... On any given day a good portion of the top articles there are about her... I see three on the front page right now and its like that every single day.

    Ocasio-Cortez's climate genius stroke: Her Green New Ndeal is the most serious response to the crisis yet
    Ocasio-Cortez responds to Joe Lieberman's criticisms: 'New party, who dis?'
    Ocasio-Cortez in line to get post on powerful banking panel that could probe Trump's finances

    Why do you guys act like she is just arbitrarily being targeted with hit-pieces out of nowhere? The hit-pieces are in response to the hype, or they wouldn't even notice her or care like all of the other far left junior congresspeople that got elected alongside her.
    So your evidence is a tabloid newspaper, the hill and reddit...

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I would come at that from the other direction, actually. Why is she the only new member of the House that anyone seems to be able to name?

    Maybe she'll be effective, maybe not. But for now she's done nothing yet and seems to be the Chosen One for the left. Every breath she takes seems to be newsworthy to them at the moment.
    It's the right that chose her. On the issue of AOC, we are mostly along for the ride as it is the right that is driving her as an issue.

    On the one hand, the goal is to make this backfire on the right.
    On the other hand, if not her, than the right will just continue on to someone else. So it might as well be her.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    It's the right that chose her. On the issue of AOC, we are mostly along for the ride as it is the right that is driving her as an issue.

    On the one hand, the goal is to make this backfire on the right.
    On the other hand, if not her, than the right will just continue on to someone else. So it might as well be her.
    Well Pelosi is not as scary anymore they need a new boogeywoman.

  14. #34
    The Magniflorious Kasierith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    17,640
    Do not create duplicate threads just to make your own argument more visible.

    Closed.
    General Off-Topic Forum Moderator

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •