1. #1

    Mage vs Warlock in BFD

    Any predictions who is going to do more dmg and overall would be more usefull in Battle of Dazar'alor [raid only] Dont care about m+ or pvp_

    Or who is going to be more useless with utility they provide - like TW, arcane intelect bull vs summoning protal, healtstones, gates.

    And as a raid leader if you would need to fill a ranged slot who would u choose.

    Im trying to figiure out what to main in 8.1

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephcyte View Post
    Any predictions who is going to do more dmg and overall would be more usefull in Battle of Dazar'alor [raid only] Dont care about m+ or pvp_

    Or who is going to be more useless with utility they provide - like TW, arcane intelect bull vs summoning protal, healtstones, gates.

    And as a raid leader if you would need to fill a ranged slot who would u choose.

    Im trying to figiure out what to main in 8.1
    Which version of the raid?

    Anything short of Mythic you really wouldn't care and in general would want one of each if you didn't have one.

    Mythic progression it'll vary from fight to fight.

    Non-bleeding edge mythic progression you'll probably want one of each, though again it'll change from fight to fight.

    Really just play what you want to play. Whichever one will be more valuable to a raid is really just going to depend on the composition of the raid.

  3. #3
    Why would you care what class to use in a level 20 dungeon?

    When in doubt: Go for Mage. They usually have 2-3 viable specs and more often than not one of them is excellent.

    Edit: If you're doing only up to heroic, it probably won't matter as much. If you go for mythic ask your raid lead what they want.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocdeb2c993df View Post
    Why would you care what class to use in a level 20 dungeon?
    Battle for Dazar'alor.

    Yeah i had to think for a second as well.

  5. #5
    both, cant see a mythic raid without mages or locks.

  6. #6
    You always need one lock and one mage. So just pick what you play better

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocdeb2c993df View Post
    Why would you care what class to use in a level 20 dungeon?
    Yeah, I came in this thread hoping for a story about a mage and warlock in BFD, I was let down.

    - - - Updated - - -

    If you want a high chance of being useful play mage, if there is immunity soaking to be done you'll have your spot
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -updated 12/29/2018

  8. #8
    Single target wise cant tell but lock tend to be much more versatile and have at least 1 spec that can shine in any kind of fight just because of multidoting. Nothing new

  9. #9
    If you are doing serious mythic raiding one mage for int buff is a must and warlock utility is usually huge for at least one fight. They both bring excellent versatile damage and an ideal general comp wants multiple in their repertoire. Mage is a bit more common and for that reason alone Warlock is probably the more sought out.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Raging Fungus View Post
    If you are doing serious mythic raiding one mage for int buff is a must and warlock utility is usually huge for at least one fight. They both bring excellent versatile damage and an ideal general comp wants multiple in their repertoire. Mage is a bit more common and for that reason alone Warlock is probably the more sought out.
    actually mages and warlocks have about equal representation in mythic logs right now, around 55k~ of each. Both are in the 3 most represented classes.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    actually mages and warlocks have about equal representation in mythic logs right now, around 55k~ of each. Both are in the 3 most represented classes.
    I was basing it off of how many 120s there are of both specs from worldofwargraphs. An equal representation in logs does not necessarily mean there are an equal number wanting to raid, those are just the people that got in. For example there is about 1000 more mage parses for Taloc, but the further you go down the boss list it starts to swing the other way. To me that indicates there are more mages, but warlocks are more wanted for Uldir. It isn't a large population difference, but it's the only thing I could think of for wanting to play one over the other when it comes to being wanted in a raid.

    With that said it's mostly irrelevant. If you are an excellent mage or warlock you will be able to get into a guild easily and it's impossible to tell at this point which might be more useful next tier.
    Last edited by Raging Fungus; 2019-01-12 at 03:06 PM.

  12. #12
    Bloodsail Admiral Fayenoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Land of Far Beyond
    Posts
    1,007
    Warlocks have been vastly superior/preferred in Uldir Mythic (except for a couple of fights where mages shine). Affliction has been a pretty dominant ST spec for most of Uldir and now Demo is the most dominant spec. Destro also looks pretty solid for certain fights.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19
    All 3 mage specs are different levels of mediocre.

    In 5-man M+ high keys, Mages are more preferred.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

  13. #13
    The Mage or Rogue. The Lock has not been good for some time...Probably broke still.

  14. #14
    Blackfathom Deep is a very easy dungeon, both classes should be able to solo it fine.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Blackfathom Deep is a very easy dungeon, both classes should be able to solo it fine.
    Given the appropriate level I doubt Mages can solo it.
    Why are you spreading misinformation?..

  16. #16
    Play whichever one you know more about and are 'better' at, damage and utility of a class are directly relative to your personal knowledge and performance as that class.

    Raid leaders will want you to come on the class you are best at, unless you are specifically missing something from the raid, but between mages and warlocks there isn't much there which you shouldn't already have somewhere else.

  17. #17
    The going acronym I've heard for this raid is BDA.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •