Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I've 5 characters at 110 with no desire to gear them all as high as my main that I've managed to get to 369.

So, without any desire to gear up, what is there which I could do? Pet battles are astoundingly dull. I have most mogs I want. I've got the reputations I want. I've no desire to get more gold, as I don't really have any use for it. I haven't the time or inclination to raid, it takes up too much time and requires more investment than I can muster to an end (better gear) that I don't care about.
    So what is there?

369????

You have a lot, yes A LOT LEFT TO DO

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
    The reality is that there's not much that's worth the timing or effort, mainly because the game has had its depth replaced by a sheer overdose of random (and practically universal) reward systems, and class design that's practically impossible to get wrong as a player because of the heavy simplifying it's seen. So much needs to be changed in the next expansion to return the removed depth, and there's just no suggestion that those changes are likely to happen given what we've heard from Ion Hazzikostas and the others.

It's a real shame.
    The whole gear race isn't simply boring, it's that it's meaningless with the catch-up that exists. I've never done higher than +5 on Mythic and I've gotten a vast majority of my good gear from world bosses and random chance. It makes pushing for gear feel really meaningless, because you have to go really high up for your gear to have a bit of permanence.
    I also want to play the game casually, it shouldn't become a chore to play. Which it becomes at higher difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Sounds like you don't want to play WoW any more. What kinds of things do you enjoy? Maybe you should do those things!
    I'm doing those this as well! I've always played many games at once. I've been playing WoW less and less, so I wondered if this really was all there is to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
    The reality is that there's not much that's worth the timing or effort, mainly because the game has had its depth replaced by a sheer overdose of random (and practically universal) reward systems, and class design that's practically impossible to get wrong as a player because of the heavy simplifying it's seen. So much needs to be changed in the next expansion to return the removed depth, and there's just no suggestion that those changes are likely to happen given what we've heard from Ion Hazzikostas and the others.

It's a real shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    369????

You have a lot, yes A LOT LEFT TO DO
    So I get better gear, then what? That gear becomes meaningless eventually. Crafting is meaningless too. There's no alternative, you either like to raid/do high M+ or there's nothing for you to do.
    I suppose that's the essence of an MMO and that I'm getting bored with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blobfish View Post
    Maybe start 1 or 2 more characters either faction at lvl 1 & work up to lvl 110
    I too find doing the same quests with different characters over 110 in BFA "same old" after a while.

Going back to lvl 1 and raising your character/s doing old quests in old content etc is quite fun.

I have 2 mains.. 1 on each faction as the quests are different. They are both lvl 120 in 370 gear.

But when I get bored with BFA, I go back to my lowbies at lvl 25 & lvl 40.. It is refreshing.
    I know all zones inside out. There's no surprises left in it for me. To me it's the opposite of refreshing, it's predictable tedium.

I have characters on both factions. Sadly, the Horde I once loved has become quite villainous, amongst other dumb things.

Might just be bored with MMO's... But there's something with WoW in particular that just doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    The whole gear race isn't simply boring, it's that it's meaningless with the catch-up that exists. I've never done higher than +5 on Mythic and I've gotten a vast majority of my good gear from world bosses and random chance. It makes pushing for gear feel really meaningless, because you have to go really high up for your gear to have a bit of permanence.
    I also want to play the game casually, it shouldn't become a chore to play. Which it becomes at higher difficulties.

I'm doing those this as well! I've always played many games at once. I've been playing WoW less and less, so I wondered if this really was all there is to it.

- - - Updated - - -

So I get better gear, then what? That gear becomes meaningless eventually. Crafting is meaningless too. There's no alternative, you either like to raid/do high M+ or there's nothing for you to do.
    I suppose that's the essence of an MMO and that I'm getting bored with that.

- - - Updated - - -

I know all zones inside out. There's no surprises left in it for me. To me it's the opposite of refreshing, it's predictable tedium.

I have characters on both factions. Sadly, the Horde I once loved has become quite villainous, amongst other dumb things.

Might just be bored with MMO's... But there's something with WoW in particular that just doesn't work.

You're a troll who hasn't completed all the content......

ALL GAMES ARE POINTLESS.....

Once you're 8/8 Mythic or top ranked PVP, and even then its the end of a season/tier, you can kinda complain. Until then, you're a fart in the wind who needed to troll on a Friday night.

I am playing ~2 hours per day, doing some WQs, couple mount runs, and still hanging in there. (not like there is anything else to do here in China tho)
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Farm Honorbound Service Medals and Seafarers Dubloons for mounts.

That's pretty much all I'm doing, beyond leveling my Dark Iron Dwarf to finish my heritage armor collection.

15+ Year Old Account
    Arena is looking good this expansion now that it's actually being looked at as if it's part of the game and not just some side content filler stuff for E-sports.

Other than PVP, I don't think anything right now is worth 15$ a month. Once the new raid comes out, maybe. That's when I'll resub I think.

I love these so called: xy is meaningless because it gets replaced. You can say that about ANYTHING, raising children is meaningless, they will die one day. Earning money is meaningless, buying a new car is meaningless. Everything is meaningless. Our entire existence is meaningless because the universe will not care if we live or die. Once you realize that, you can start enjoying things because they are fun. If your only aim in life is to do meaningful things then you will never be happy.

Farm mounts? I think there's nothing else that can be offered

I recommend unsubbing and waiting to see if the next expansion is better while playing other games.

It's funny to see a thread like this now when there are a bunch of different things you can do. As a PVE:er I think the absolute lowpoint was WotLK and parts of Cata. Dungeons that became obsolete after 2 weeks (and you would only do daily heroic after that for valor, which was neither fun or rewarding) and lackluster raids.