Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's literally a racial that is stronger then a lot of specs own defensive/healing tools.

Yes, it's broken. No Blizzard won't nerf it that hard until they bait the FoTM crowd into race changes.
    They already nerfed it multiple times.

So your logic here is just a fail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Don't worry. We aren't sure why people act like no one takes damage but MT in raids either.
    6 seconds of no damage is do-able on some fights, it's going to be less useful on say mythic than N/H.

I doubt many tanks are going to go zandalari just for it, it's not that great.

The whole interrupt on dmg taken isn't super realistic. For four seconds it was potentially op in some situations, now a 100% self heal over the course of 6 seconds requiring no damage is at the level a racial should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Still 100% of health.

The only thing they nerfed is it's viability as an active tank CD and it's pvp viability but thanks for trying... It's still stupid strong in pve.

- - - Updated - - -

6 seconds of no damage is do-able on some fights, it's going to be less useful on say mythic than N/H.

The whole interrupt on dmg taken isn't super realistic. For four seconds it was potentially op in some situations, now a 100% self heal over the course of 6 seconds requiring no damage is at the level a racial should be.
    Why do you keep bringing up tanks? Tanks only make up 10% of a raid or 20% of a M+. Saying it's not the most viable for them doesn't prove anything.

Also it's more useful on mythic since you know, mythic players will actually pay attention to ability CDs and use it properly or be called to do so properly. Do you even raid mythic? If you think dps and healers won't be taking full advantage of this ability in mythic raids you don't mythic raid at a very high level, no offense.

I think the whole concept is difficult to balance and Blizzard should go nowhere near heals as a racial. They are either OP or useless. At best it should be a passive HoT like 1% every 5 seconds.

To be honest, I think the racial is in a good place right now with the recently healing ramp up change and the 6s duration. Not useless, not blatantly OP. It's also a racial focused on healing (self healing even more so) obviously. So I doubt we'll see massive race changes during World First runs for a racial that increases self healing, unlike say, the Troll racial in the most recent tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Mentauk the Mindtaker View Post
    Iam not a tank but a on demand button that can heal 100 percent health as long as you dont get hit? That is pretty much the best 'oh fuck switch tanks' you can get.

It really will be interesting to see how the pros utilize this ability.
    It really depends. In a raid setting, most fights often have some sort of continuous raid damage going on (the bots on Mekka, dot on Grong, dot on Jaina, half the mechanics on Opulence, etc.) and a decent portion of tank swaps involve a stacking dots as well. So it can be hard or even impossible to find a time where you can not be hit for more than 1 or 2 seconds.

In PvP it's a giant "I'm here, hit me" button, and in M+ there's hardly any situation where a tank doesn't get hit. Albeit for a Pally it should be quite useful if they can BoP beforehand.

I do think it's a situationally very strong racial, but the "situationally" matters. And unlike Gift of the Naaru, it's a channel. Not doing shit for 6 seconds is not optimal in most settings.

100% is ridiculous. should be like 30 or 40% with 10% ticks. this is just another prime example that blizzard doesnt know how to make, fix or develop good games anymore. i havent seen a change in the last 3 expansions that i liked or made sense. their attempt at making everything casual friendly has destroyed all the appeal this game once had.

Anyone tested the % values of each tick yet?

I wonder if that last tick is ever going to be necessary (since you never need to heal 100% hp), and its 6 seconds before haste is applied.

It might be necessary with the rampup.

Stun > Full (Or near enough) heal.

Paladin - Bubble > Full heal, keeps Lay on Hands available.

Original was super OP.

Given that it's 6 seconds and the heal "starts small and builds up", and it's not useable in stealth, it seems considerably more reasonable.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Tested: still a flat heal

https://www.wowhead.com/news=290477/...ri-racial-nerf

Logged on the 29558 PTR just now, and the tooltip does not mention ramping up over time like Wowhead says and I just tested a fresh Zandalari.

This appears to be a bad datamine by Wowhead, and everyone's thinking it was heavily nerfed. Turns out its not and this is a gamechanger.

Curious what led to this bad datamine, or what's really going on here if that's not the case. The build in the corner definitely says 29558.

If anyone else wants to test this in action too, I think it was in the ballpark of a 15GB download, as it now pulls data from live.

- - - Updated - - -

https://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/291944-regeneratin MMOC's own version of database, WoWDB, has the proper tooltip. @Simca You're super smart, any idea on maybe what's going on here?

Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-03-03 at 11:48 PM.

So your logic here is just a fail.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can stand still and take zero damage fotlr 6 seconds, the damage that was taken to need the racial was most likely avoidable anyway.

Realistically, the only class that will get full value from it during a pve fight is a paladin on a fight with no magic damage. And even then, you have to blow a heavy cd just to get any value from it.

----------------------------
    Note (not directed at the person quoted in this response solely): i was basing my *opinion* on whether or not the racial was OP by judging the power and practicality of the current version at the time (6 sec channel, breaks on any damage/movement, 2.5min cd, starts small). It seems that for some reason, there are still people choosing to ignore several of the nerfs the racial has received.

I miss games like EQ that had regen items on them...
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.