Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well, it's a free Lay on Hands with a 1.5 minute cooldown.

It can fully heal you every 1.5 minutes.

It can be used by any class, any spec, at any time.

Even one tick of it is worth more than several other races abilities combined.

It's absolutely pants on head insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahraa View Post
    However........ for PvP, this is literally broken. As so many people have mentioned, numerous classes abilities (vanish, turtle, etc etc.) that can drop you from combat or allow you to prevent damage during a 4 second channel and heal to full puts so many other classes at a severe disadvantage.

Honestly, I'm not sure how you would go about fixing this to make it balanced other than just removing it entirely from the game. Their Loa buffs should be more than enough to make the race viable.
    So nerf it in pvp settings. Warmode, bg's, arenas, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    No, I am not. You can't answer the question because the truth is that you have nothing.
    It has been answered to you, but your only response is “what’s the difference between using it and food?” Well, no food (I know of at least) gives you 25% max health every second.

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    It has been answered to you, but your only response is “what’s the difference between using it and food?” Well, no food (I know of at least) gives you 25% max health every second.
    No, the title would not allow me to change it, so it's not actually the question. A couple of people that appear to be high end mythic raiders did answer my question though. They said they will not be changing out their teams for this racial. That's my actual question. So, since you also want to be nothing more than a snarky smart mouth, feel free to answer the question. What race/classes will you require yout mythic or high end PvP teams be Zandalari- which ones will you require replaced? Example: Tauren/Pally must be a Zanda/Pally, or they are off the team.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Blizzard had no business in making DKs OP at WotLK's launch, there were no race changes, character boosts and faction swaps back then, meaning no money to be gained. They failed at balancing, but same can be said about several other classes/specs, most notably paladins.
    No money to be gained? Do you not remember that the leveling speed was pretty bad back then, before Cata revamped everything and streamlined the leveling process. DKs were OP, and starting a new character was a SIGNIFICANT investment of time, attunements, gold, and gearing. Not to mention bringing back any players who might have quit during TBC or Vanilla, by sparking interest with a thematically interesting "anti-hero" combined with being OP in gameplay terms.

There was PLENTY of subscription money to be made.

It never fails to astound me that people are so willing to give big companies like Blizzard the benefit of the doubt when it comes to these things.

Looking back at how Blizzard has dealt with issues in the past, it wouldn't surprise me too much if people spent a ton of time leveling their Zandalari - just to find out that they got massively nerved by the time they reached level 120.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    No, the title would not allow me to change it, so it's not actually the question. A couple of people that appear to be high end mythic raiders did answer my question though. They said they will not be changing out their teams for this racial. That's my actual question. So, since you also want to be nothing more than a snarky smart mouth, feel free to answer the question. What race/classes will you require yout mythic or high end PvP teams be Zandalari- which ones will you require replaced? Example: Tauren/Pally must be a Zanda/Pally, or they are off the team.
    I played earlier this expansion RBG with 2.6k CR as a holy paladin, and I would call it borderline mandatory for a paladin to go Zandalari. The heal is just insane for both arena and RBG, especially for a paladin that can struggle with lack of instants and quick ways to heal themselves up. Just running behind a pillar in arena, and getting off 1 tick is more value than pretty much every other racial in the game most of the time. It will be the same for most other healers. For pve, especially M+, the heal is also insane, so it not at all be surprising if many of the top teams were all Zandalari.

So to answer your question: Any class that can be Zandalari, Zandalari will be the best, so if your team is truly hardcore, everyone will be required to go Zandalari. But most teams honestly don't give a shit what race people are, and won't make anyone change even if it is better, which is why your question is stupid in itself. It being the best, does not mean that anyone who does not have it will be replaced.

If it gets cancelled by a single dot tick it will be worthless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    If it gets cancelled by a single dot tick it will be worthless.
    You would still effectively get 1 tick of worth of it unless you are unlucky. That's already a free HS there - 25% of your HP. Heck, to get some perspective here - at worst it's still better than something like Gift of the Naaru and at best it's a frikkin' Lay on Hands for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You would still effectively get 1 tick of worth of it unless you are unlucky. That's already a free HS there - 25% of your HP. Heck, to get some perspective here - at worst it's still better than something like Gift of the Naaru and at best it's a frikkin' Lay on Hands for free.
    Damn.. that's true too... Can't wait for games where a rogue goes behind a pillar and just uses regen... going to be so cancer.. Hope it gets nerfed in arena.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taenaeris View Post
    Looking back at how Blizzard has dealt with issues in the past, it wouldn't surprise me too much if people spent a ton of time leveling their Zandalari - just to find out that they got massively nerved by the time they reached level 120.
    Well, people should expect blatantly OP shit to not stay OP for long.

If one thing can be truly said is that Blizz is having this knack for massively overshooting things at times in an obvious manner. Like ok, it's WIP and some stuff ends stronger than it should be - that's life, but I just can't understand how someone thought that 100% heal on 90 seconds CD as a racial was any sort of good idea for testing.

I would understand if it was 40% on 3 min CD, that would still be strong, but at least it's a somewhat reasonable starting point for a racial.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    No money to be gained? Do you not remember that the leveling speed was pretty bad back then, before Cata revamped everything and streamlined the leveling process. DKs were OP, and starting a new character was a SIGNIFICANT investment of time, attunements, gold, and gearing. Not to mention bringing back any players who might have quit during TBC or Vanilla, by sparking interest with a thematically interesting "anti-hero" combined with being OP in gameplay terms.

There was PLENTY of subscription money to be made.

It never fails to astound me that people are so willing to give big companies like Blizzard the benefit of the doubt when it comes to these things.
    I don't think they needed to make DKs OP on purpose to make money off players. Many, many people rerolled to DK simply because they loved the class fantasy. Do you really think people who have stopped playing in Vanilla/TBC could have come back to the game simply because a new class was OP? I definitely am giving Blizzard the benefit of doubt here, I won't say DKs being OP for a good part of the xpac had no effect on subs at all, but to think they made them OP on purpose... Seems completely unfounded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

5+ Year Old Account
    The thought of what Zandalari Paladins can do with this is why I drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I don't think they needed to make DKs OP on purpose to make money off players. Many, many people rerolled to DK simply because they loved the class fantasy. Do you really think people who have stopped playing in Vanilla/TBC could have come back to the game simply because a new class was OP? I definitely am giving Blizzard the benefit of doubt here, I won't say DKs being OP for a good part of the xpac had no effect on subs at all, but to think they made them OP on purpose... Seems completely unfounded.
    Don't try to over-simplify it. Players didn't JUST come back for DK, it was just one of many incentives to get people back in the game. Think about it: You're a player who quit in vanilla or TBC. Then along comes a new class that gets to skip vanilla entirely, giving you a headstart. That's enticing. But then you start hearing about how OP the class is, and the fact that it can tank in any of its three specs as well! A class that can tank AND dps at high performance at the same time?

I'm sorry, but why do you think they made the class like that? Just because they wanted to do something cool?

IT BREAKS ON DAM like just sneeze on the player then its gg lol its only decent after a big fight in pve and maybe raiding but pvp lol useless.

I think it's time for Blizzard to stop this farce from continuing and just admit that the racial is severely OP and will be nerfed before it goes live. It's not good for game balance.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I'm sorry, but why do you think they made the class like that? Just because they wanted to do something cool?
    Yeah, I can believe Blizzard went wild with DK class design mostly because they wanted to do something cool, do the class justice. I mean, lorewise they were supposed to be one-man-armies, and it even shows in quests chains given out by DKs. I do recall Blizzard had a hard-on for the whole hero class thing, and I think this is mostly the reason they were OP for a while. All you're saying here are incentives for players to reroll to DKs, but I can't imagine quitting players coming back to WoW just because a class is OP. Being able to skip vanilla content is also hardly an incentive for quitters, since it's likely they do have max level characters, meaning this content is beyond them anyway - and if they didn't, they'd still need to level one before being able to roll a DK, since you needed a 55+ level character on the server you wanted to make a DK. And then there were other OP classes at the start of WotLK.

WotLK was a high point for WoW and it was steadily growing back then, so IMO Blizzard didn't think of using such twirly moustache villain schemes to get back a couple of players. It's pretty clear we won't agree on this subject, though, I do believe Blizzard still cared about making a good game first and foremost back then, and they haven't messed up the balancing of DKs on purpose, or with profits in mind. If they released them in the same state today, I would, bearing in mind the existence of character boosts and race/class/faction swaps, think they are pulling a cashgrab.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    IT BREAKS ON DAM like just sneeze on the player then its gg lol its only decent after a big fight in pve and maybe raiding but pvp lol useless.
    It is exactly in PvP, not PvE, that it will be ridiculously OP, and if you don't think so, you should probably aquaint yourself with such terms as "LoS", "pillar-hugging" and "CC", and the idea that PvP is usually done in groups that can cover the Zandalari while they go for the heal.
    Last edited by Airlick; 2019-01-13 at 06:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

No offense, but do players that argue that this is useless in PvP because it breaks on damage even do arenas higher than 1800? There's just no strong argument that this is balanced in PvP... we lasted years before the Human racials got nerfed though, we'll see how long this lasts.

Ignoring PvP and the potential for M+ for a moment, isn't it only usable out of combat? I saw some people mentioning "swing timers" in a raids and that made me question how you would use this ability there.

Also the value will obviously be nerfed. Dunno why everyone is flipping out over this.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Ignoring PvP and the potential for M+ for a moment, isn't it only usable out of combat? I saw some people mentioning "swing timers" in a raids and that made me question how you would use this ability there.

Also the value will obviously be nerfed. Dunno why everyone is flipping out over this.
    Wait until the boss had swung, heal for 25%. Or have someone else taunt the boss for a couple seconds and heal to full.

And it'll be nerfed BECAUSE everyone is flipping out. It's on PTR, they're expecting feedback. If everyone thought "Oh, it'll be nerfed, no need to give feedback," it wouldn't get nerfed until it had been on live.