Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    "HAHA YOU CAN'T TELL ME THIS OVERLY SPECIFIC QUESTION SO THEREFORE IT'S NOT ACTUALLY OP HAHAA"

Nah it's OP dude. You know it and people are trying to obfuscate that and act out weird scenarios where it's only NOT OP but by the ridiculously high standards of Horde racials, it's just not better than the other ones for certain roles.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

its a super effective racial. Its a racial that makes people race change into Zandalari and put more money into Blizzards pocket.

No other racial can say that!

Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    No, the title would not allow me to change it, so it's not actually the question. A couple of people that appear to be high end mythic raiders did answer my question though. They said they will not be changing out their teams for this racial. That's my actual question. So, since you also want to be nothing more than a snarky smart mouth, feel free to answer the question. What race/classes will you require yout mythic or high end PvP teams be Zandalari- which ones will you require replaced? Example: Tauren/Pally must be a Zanda/Pally, or they are off the team.
    Racials don’t make a DPS difference anymore, if barely anything. However, being able to save yourself ever 90 sec in PVP is stupidly amazing. I am race changing my rogue if this racial remains as it would be amazing to have a LoH every 90 sec! Since you refuse to see this, the problem is not “my snarky answer”, it’s your desire to be OP destroying your ability to reason.

BTW, I am in a top 20 mythic guild, over 13k RIO and gladiator.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Ignoring PvP and the potential for M+ for a moment, isn't it only usable out of combat? I saw some people mentioning "swing timers" in a raids and that made me question how you would use this ability there.

Also the value will obviously be nerfed. Dunno why everyone is flipping out over this.
    Its usable in combat. It breaks on damage however will not break if you are shielded. I don't know how viable it is for tanks but for Rogues, Mages, Hunters, Shaman there isn't a remotely comparable racial to this one.

It wont make it to live in its current state.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be surprised if it got nerfed to 50% or less because it is too OP. These are all obviously opinion and from my experience but:

PvP:

There are NUMEROUS times in PvP where I am left uninterrupted for anywhere from 2-10 seconds. Does it happen every single arena match? No, however I would say every second or third match I am able to get around a pillar without dots ticking or a pet following me. In BGs and open world it becomes a lot easier unless you are strictly the focus target. Certain classes also have ways to create huge gaps between themselves and the enemy, whether it is through CC or quick movements.

PvE:

In raids it is useful simply because unless there is a pulsating AoE there are usually little windows where you can pop the racial. In mythic+ the same deal, there are usually little windows where you can pop it and it can help a healer tremendously.

Overall the racial as it stands is OP in my eyes, and I honestly think that if you don't see a problem with how this racial is compared to other races racials then either you want it to remain OP since you plan on becoming a Zandalari and want the advantage over other races OR you are simply ignorant @_@ No other racial in-game could compare to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    No offense, but do players that argue that this is useless in PvP because it breaks on damage even do arenas higher than 1800? There's just no strong argument that this is balanced in PvP... we lasted years before the Human racials got nerfed though, we'll see how long this lasts.
    rather 1200 lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Just an update on this matter: several 8.1.5 builds have gone by and the values remain unchanged.

https://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=291944/regeneratin
    Well I certainly hope Blizz wakes up and addresses this, it would be silly to see it go live and then hammered soon after.

5+ Year Old Account
    the thing its simple.

Blizzard just "COPY PASTE" Regenerating skill from already existing mobs using this skill, Zul rebelds warriors and bosses on Voldun use the same skill, thats what happened here, blizzard just copy paste the values of the npc skill to the "playable character" skill. And TADAAAA!!!!! you have a mini Lay of Hands. It can be interrupted with a basic attack YES it can be interrupted YES, poison, bleed, disease, curse, magic dot damage can interrupted..... sorta.

So its not a problem of "bad game design" or "op racial" they didnt tuned up for the player character, so my answer to all the abby criers its ... yes.... "wait for them to go live or the ptr patch that will go live" because right now Racial of Bwomsamdi its trash after the nerf, Kimbul its meh but Kragwa it still good and Akunda its idk more random than before.... AND WE DONT TALK ABOUT GONK HERE that 5% movement speed its op af (Kappa) and yeah Paku.

Healers have to sit and cast a healing spell for 2 seconds that heals for like 15k non-crit and the zandalari racial heals for 90k in that same 2 second period.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    rather 1200 lol
    Lmao, just wanted to be a bit fair

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    It's completely fucking broken in every regard.
    Yeah even if they nerf the values down a lot, it still only has a 90 second cd too

In PVP if they want to kick it, then alright they knocked out my useless Nature school (Mage)

More concerned about the PVE implications personally. If there's ticking dot damage on a fight I can just pop Ice Barrier beforehand, but even getting 1 tick is worth it for me

Update: Regeneratin' has finally seen a change on the PTR

The change was the channel duration was changed from 4 seconds to 6 (pre-haste). The 100% heal and 90 second cooldown remains unchanged, still on the Nature spell school if kicked. So each tick is a little over 16% instead of 25%

This might be the final iteration as 8.1.5 is launching soonish. Was personally expecting the CD to go up to 3 minutes or the heal values halved, but this will stay appealing for those looking to race change for it. Even just one tick is enough to keep you alive in mythic raiding, and on a 90 sec cd. Remains to be seen if it breaks on absorbed damage with this build, as some reported it was doing that before.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-02-16 at 10:51 AM.

Update: Regeneratin' has finally seen a change on the PTR

The change was the channel duration was changed from 4 seconds to 6 (pre-haste). The 100% heal and 90 second cooldown remains unchanged, still on the Nature spell school if kicked. So each tick is a little over 16% instead of 25%

This might be the final iteration as 8.1.5 is launching soonish. Was personally expecting the CD to go up to 3 minutes or the heal values halved, but this will stay appealing for those looking to race change for it. Even just one tick is enough to keep you alive in mythic raiding, and on a 90 sec cd. Remains to be seen if it breaks on absorbed damage with this build, as some reported it was doing that before.
    If they extended the duration to 6 seconds then they should remove it's breaking on damage taken. Regeneratin' is barely usable for majority of classes. You have to be out of combat for it to use.

- - - Updated - - -

More concerned about the PVE implications personally. If there's ticking dot damage on a fight I can just pop Ice Barrier beforehand, but even getting 1 tick is worth it for me
    Absorbing shields aren't working, even with it on, once you take damage the racial stops working.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Just imagine a retribution zandalari paladin bubbling & regen. that's like using Lay on hands + bubble at the same time which is insane imo.
    As I said some time ago, how big of a difference is it, really? If one uses lay on hand, it's instant and they get back to fighting. If they bubble and regeneratin', the affect is the same. They stand there getting wailed on while refilling their health. Even if they get full health before the bubble breaks, now they just stand there an extra second or two and then go back to the fighting. It would be better to just use lay on hands and save your regenerating for a hammer of justice or something.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    As I said some time ago, how big of a difference is it, really? If one uses lay on hand, it's instant and they get back to fighting. If they bubble and regeneratin', the affect is the same. They stand there getting wailed on while refilling their health. Even if they get full health before the bubble breaks, now they just stand there an extra second or two and then go back to the fighting. It would be better to just use lay on hands and save your regenerating for a hammer of justice or something.
    Fairly? LoH can be cast on other people, and also cannot be used in arena. You also mentioned a very good example in your own comment. You're sitting in a HoJ at 20% hp. You can't LoH because you can't do that while stunned. Bubble, regenerate. You're now at full HP and have LoH in your back pocket in 30 seconds when forbearance falls off.

Quote Originally Posted by Laego View Post
    Fairly? LoH can be cast on other people, and also cannot be used in arena. You also mentioned a very good example in your own comment. You're sitting in a HoJ at 20% hp. You can't LoH because you can't do that while stunned. Bubble, regenerate. You're now at full HP and have LoH in your back pocket in 30 seconds when forbearance falls off.
    Oh cool, sounds like it will be a neat niche thing to use in some situations then. I never found it OP and even less now that they changed it.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

Final release candidate version is live:

Regeneratin': Regenerate 100% of your maximum health over 6 sec, interrupted by damage.
    Cooldown changed from 1.5 min to 2.5 min

Final release candidate version is live:

Regeneratin': Regenerate 100% of your maximum health over 6 sec, interrupted by damage.
    Cooldown changed from 1.5 min to 2.5 min
    Perfect maybe the QQing will stop now!

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Perfect maybe the QQing will stop now!
    We can only hope!