Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    You REALLY can't accuse of chaud of not trying to get the point across, how important consent is for a continuation of service. It's people's own fault for blocking every channel of communication for such an important thing. HEck, we have people in this thread complaining about having their info deleted DESPITE declining further use of their data. That's just insane.
    Would've still been nice for there to have been a note on the front page too. Chaud did their best, but even just a news post pinned at the top for the last couple days before the transfer would've stopped most of this.

Hindsight is 20/20 though

Deleted
    Complaining about not getting information blocked deliberately is not smart as well.
    I haven't complained.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like my new name, has a certain ring to it.

why i can not change my username ?

i have used that new mmocxxxxxxx username and logged in. successful.
    i changed my email adress and set it to mine. successful.
    i changed my password. successful.
    so, now i have „overtaken“ my account. i have name, email, password. all fine.

but when i now want to change my name (once 30 days), it says this name is already in use. but thats not true. wether i can log in with my name, nor can this be true, since the mmocxxxxxxx has all my posts etc.

what should i do now ?

as a side note: this transfer was the worst executed in my whole life as technical engineer in software development since 22 years. its pathetic how bad curse, the content of that transfer info email, their behaviour, that fucked up client just there for ads, and mmoc is. this transfer just sign their inaccurrancy. but thats just my oppinion.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2019-01-12 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmoc2bb030b3a5 View Post
    Yeah what gives? The email sent to me (multiple times to which i declined consent every time) didn't explain why or what the deal was and why should i care? Am i going to lose my account? Why???
    Actually yeah it did say it was about transferring your information to the new owner. Your nick and such is part of your information.

I did read the thing, which is why I clicked consent. And lo and behold I have my nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It was executed exactly as well as it could be. It's not their fault you, as a technical engineer, were too lazy to read the emails and posts regarding this stuff.
    look at the other thread and view the multiple reasons there, listed by all the ppl that have problems.

wether ppl trust emails from an unknown subtile email adress, or moved to spam or was on an old mail account, etc.

mmoc ppl argumented that there was a banner too on top of the site, .... that nearly no one saw, bc most of us use a adblocker, since mmoc regulalry is hurted by dns attacks that forwards you to extrenal ad sites, which is extremely annoying.

tldr: all ppl with adblockers and a useful security mind when it comes down to phishing are fucked up now. no, boy, it was not executed as best as possible.

a small advice here for future and stupid ppl: when i drastically change something on my platform, i would use THIS platform as email sender and content to inform ppl, so ppl trust that, instead some nobodyknows fandom shit they confuse with spam or phishing...

Quote Originally Posted by mmoce9f6dccbed View Post
    I was never informed about a data transfer nor did I have any information pertaining to one. And I use these forums daily. This is unacceptable.
    This.

P.s. reading this thread I checked my E-Mail account. The mail was put in my spamfolder where I get about 100 mails per day.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Would've still been nice for there to have been a note on the front page too. Chaud did their best, but even just a news post pinned at the top for the last couple days before the transfer would've stopped most of this.

Hindsight is 20/20 though
    Also this.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2019-01-12 at 12:39 PM.

Ty for all the answeres here guys. I already contacted Chaud and he confirmed that I opted out for my data transfer. Like wtf? I didn't opted out of anything. As others have said here (and I also explained this to Chaud on my reply to his message) I never got a single email about the need to confirm a data transfer, nor did I see a single notice on MMO-Champion about it. And yes I'm also using adblockers but hopefully MMO-C wasn't naive enough to have pop ups to warn us of the transfer, almost everyone uses adblockers nowadays.

This is so fantastic, I lost complete access to my 7 year old account and I'm so curious as to how will they fix this, since I had to use my old email (that I used to create my original account) to create THIS throwaway account to post here, how will they fix this now???

GG MMO-C, I know no one will give 2 craps about this but I'm done with this site, this is literal bullshit what they're doing to us

Quote Originally Posted by vitor2100 View Post
    Ty for all the answeres here guys. I already contacted Chaud and he confirmed that I opted out for my data transfer. Like wtf? I didn't opted out of anything. As others have said here (and I also explained this to Chaud on my reply to his message) I never got a single email about the need to confirm a data transfer, nor did I see a single notice on MMO-Champion about it. And yes I'm also using adblockers but hopefully MMO-C wasn't naive enough to have pop ups to warn us of the transfer, almost everyone uses adblockers nowadays.

This is so fantastic, I lost complete access to my 7 year old account and I'm so curious as to how will they fix this, since I had to use my old email (that I used to create my original account) to create THIS throwaway account to post here, how will they fix this now???

GG MMO-C, I know no one will give 2 craps about this but I'm done with this site, this is literal bullshit what they're doing to us
    Does someone else use your computer?

It's pretty clear that if they confirm that you've denied it someone must've pressed "decline".

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Does someone else use your computer?

It's pretty clear that if they confirm that you've denied it someone must've pressed "decline".
    Mere inaction was enough to "decline". The data transfer was "opt-in", not "opt-out".

That said, I think there should have been a front-page article about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Mere inaction was enough to "decline". The data transfer was "opt-in", not "opt-out".

That said, I think there should have been a front-page article about it.
    Maybe, willing to bet people would ignore it cause it's boring read and then complain regardless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoc2bb030b3a5 View Post
    Yeah what gives? The email sent to me (multiple times to which i declined consent every time) didn't explain why or what the deal was and why should i care? Am i going to lose my account? Why???
    Same. I asked in the thread that Chaud was responding to and was directed to the same info in the email which takes a number of paragraphs to tell you nothing about what data they have, will transfer or what they will do with it.

I figured I'll just let my account lapse and disappear. I come here for information, not to argue, so the forum going read-only eventually for me isn't much of a bad thing to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by mmoce9f6dccbed View Post
    I'm sorry but this is downright unacceptable.

Just scrolling through random threads, hundreds of daily users have gotten screwed over.

- - - Updated - - -

I was never informed about a data transfer nor did I have any information pertaining to one. And I use these forums daily. This is unacceptable.
    Seriously? I was getting a pop-up in the middle of the screen every single time I refreshed a page. There was information on the front page when it was first announced. I received 3-4 emails with the final one stating this is the final notification.

Things must be really screwy if you did not receive/notice every single one of these things.

And then Chaud confirmed the same VVV

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    There was a pop up that appeared every 5 minutes until you consented for weeks. Unfortunately some ad blockers or privacy tools blocked it. We sent an email as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocea1d635c8f View Post
    This.

P.s. reading this thread I checked my E-Mail account. The mail was put in my spamfolder where I get about 100 mails per day.

Also this.
    The one of the many things that MMOC has zero control over and you have 100% control over unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by mmoc280ede1810 View Post
    The one of the many things that MMOC has zero control over and you have 100% control over unfortunately.
    MMOC has 100% perfect control over what it puts on its front page.

Deleted
    I lost complete access to my 7 year old account and I'm so curious as to how will they fix this, since I had to use my old email (that I used to create my original account) to create THIS throwaway account to post here, how will they fix this now???
    Nobody knows who vitor210 is anyway so cool your jets and embrace the mmoc-nick life instead.

You REALLY can't accuse of chaud of not trying to get the point across, how important consent is for a continuation of service. It's people's own fault for blocking every channel of communication for such an important thing. HEck, we have people in this thread complaining about having their info deleted DESPITE declining further use of their data. That's just insane.
    Blocking ads, with which MMO-C has an abysmal track record does by no mean constitute "every channel of communication". Ad blocks don't block MMO-C PMs. Yet that channel of communication wasn't used despite Scrapbot being an automated PM tool. Making the announcement a sticky one on the top of the news announcements on the front page, which has been done in the past for various (much less important) things, wouldn't have been blocked by an ad blocker. Hell, in the place next to "most recent threads" area of the main page, where some of the ads are if you don't block them, for ad block users there's a message about MMO-C premium. It could have been changed to a message about this instead.

The single one channel of communication that would get blocked by ad blocks is also the only one that was used on the site itself.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2019-01-12 at 01:40 PM.

Deleted
    The mail was put in my spamfolder where I get about 100 mails per day.
    ^^ To clarify what you are actually replying to in your misdirection.

MMOC has 100% perfect control over what it puts on its front page.
    Yes it does, as you have 100% control over seeing the popup and emails.

Seems quite natural to blame the other party when you are unable to accept responsibility on this subject so I would conclude that even if there was a banner on the front page in bright flashing colours....... it is incredibly likely that you would still find fault. No matter what MMOC did, because you did not see it, they did something wrong and you did nothing wrong.

The fact is there were multiple occurrences of information supplied via different avenues, and thus far all those who missed them did so because of things THEY did, e.g. addblockers, spam filters; And yet MMOC are responsible for this?

FYI, I received 4 emails in total;

18/12 First announcement
    19/12 Correction of link in first announcement
    24/12 Reminder: Consent required
    08/01 FINAL NOTICE: Consent required

uBlock did not block the pop-up for me and I left it in place as a reminder in case I changed my mind.

I am not defending their decision, only pointing out the fallacy in your argument.

Time to move to Wowhead where people are more reasonable.

It amazes me the lack of good will helping out the users. How freaking hard can it be to add a big fat sign on the FRONT PAGE saying: "Click here to reclaim your username!"

But noo noo.. "We already sent you a email" .. I'm getting spammed every day by useless mails. Chances are, your mail/the one from here already HAS been blacklisted.

What a pathetic approach to solve the problem. Imagine you doing this kind of patching the problem in a big company.. Your solution is flawed man! Jesus christ man!
    Last edited by Xofa; 2019-01-12 at 04:39 PM.

Yes it does, as you have 100% control over seeing the popup and emails.
    And I would have, had I known that I had to look for it. It's the same as a landlord throwing an eviction notice into the tenant's trashbin. This is such a bullshit argument.
    They knew that popups could be blocked and mails could be sorted out as spam so people wouldn't even be aware that there was anything to look out for. Yet they chose these ways as the only means to transmit the information instead of using something that would be visible to everyone, like a short post on the front page which would have been an incredibly easy solution.

You probably just clicked it off. Everyone received a notice about it.