Suggestion: Make previous user names publicly visible

The majority of name changes on here are innocent, but some people unfortunately use them to role play a new identity for the purposes of trolling/trying to stir up drama.

I propose that all of an account's previous user names be listed on their profile (or at least user names within the past year). I know that with a bit of digging through post history, you can usually figure out who someone used to be, but this would make it much easier and more accessible.

I agree, people should be proud of themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    The majority of name changes on here are innocent, but some people unfortunately use them to role play a new identity for the purposes of trolling/trying to stir up drama.

I propose that all of an account's previous user names be listed on their profile (or at least user names within the past year). I know that with a bit of digging through post history, you can usually figure out who someone used to be, but this would make it much easier and more accessible.
    They still have a posting history, it's not hard to find out who they are and if they are on your ignore list they stay ignored.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you put them on your ignore list it doesn't matter what new name they use and their thread history can't be changed. I am personally find with any of my old names showing up under my profile, but honestly it's kind of pointless as I said if you don't like a certain person put them on ignore, name change or no you never see them again.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm almost certain this used to be a feature too.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Other than ignore, you might be able to discern this from this link https://www.mmo-champion.com/members...6-breadisfunny <- Provided the 959096 doesn't change

And you could then put it into the wayback machine here https://web.archive.org/web/20130301...6-breadisfunny

And change breadisfunny to whatever user you think they might be. Weird workarounds I know, but just a thought. There's also Reg Dates/post counts/post history

With that said, I think Steam has something like this because people change names a lot? Maybe not.

We won't be doing this.