Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    1. https://curseweb.zendesk.com/hc/en-u...oining-forces-

2. Not allowed, as it is PII.

3. You'll be able to reclaim your username with the account recovery tool once it's finished.
    It looks like there was a recovery/backup plan in place, then. There's far less of an issue because of this. Good to know.

It certainly doesn't make me any more comfortable with Fandom running the show, but at least this particular issue can be remedied for those it is impacting.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Your profile says you are from Canada, so you would not have been notified as that only happened for users within the Extended European Area (EEA) where the European Union's GDPR is enforced.
    Small note, but the EEA is the European Economic Area, not Extended European Area.

Got everything back with the recovery tool, thanks Chaud!

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Some go a bit too far but they actually didn't do that good of a job with the information. Having the info removed with an adblocker is kinda silly. Why not just add some actual posts when they KNOW that many people use adblockers?
    For the fun of it, I checked what other emails I may have missed from MMO-C in the past. The most important one was about getting friend requests. A friend request issues a notification in the top right corner under your name. That won't get blocked by an ad block. So here we have another piece of information that gets relayed to users via both mail and on-site means. And somehow the friend request, despite being infinitely less important, is something that's showed on the site itself in a much better, more reliable way. Which is just fascinating to me.

And yet there are people defending MMO-C's choice of pop-up as the means of communicating the consent thing. Which is even more fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    For the fun of it, I checked what other emails I may have missed from MMO-C in the past. The most important one was about getting friend requests. A friend request issues a notification in the top right corner under your name. That won't get blocked by an ad block. So here we have another piece of information that gets relayed to users via both mail and on-site means. And somehow the friend request, despite being infinitely less important, is something that's showed on the site itself in a much better, more reliable way. Which is just fascinating to me.

And yet there are people defending MMO-C's choice of pop-up as the means of communicating the consent thing. Which is even more fascinating.
    Well, they fixed it now. The tool works and shit happens.