Deleted

Most underrated things about your home country?

i am from the united kingdom

the most underrated things about the UK

the weather
    the politicians
    Reality TV shows

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocb5b8198d21 View Post

the weather
    the politicians
    Reality TV shows
    Hmm this is easy America is a wonderful country, we have done everything we can to try to export freedom and relieve suffering all over the world, granted we have done it through misguided means and have invited some of the worst of us to do so, But America has always been the strongest nation aside from out delusions, because of our diversity, our willingness to be bold and thumb our nose at tradition and do our own thing.

I am biracial, but regardless people have the chance to LOVE all different kinds of cultures, to pick and choose from a buffet of everything from Yoga, Japanese Anime, Martial Arts, Fashion, Music from all backgrounds, Rock, Metal, Rap, R&B, Country, not to mention Technology and Art from the greatest minds around the fucking world.

I won the lottery being born American. We fight each other, just like we fight for our ideas regardless to borders or labels, and I think that is fucking awesome. I truly think the fact we confront some of the most sensitive and taboo ideas against one another, we have made out combined culture stronger, even if at times it seems to rock the very foundation.

It's true that as a by product all the things I have said will take us apart at the seems, but if it doesn't if we actually to find a way America can be every bit as good as it's promise and unstoppable, and I think that scared and scares the hell out of everyone. Because we power comes great responsibility, but the fear that comes with that, lends to breed mistrust, the longer we make that work and find a way, and progress, almost destroying us, it always makes us stronger in the end. We are the United States even if we aren't so united anymore.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Poutine !

Oh god now I want some

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocb5b8198d21 View Post

the weather
    the politicians
    Reality TV shows
    Was gonna say our food aint all bad as people say it is but as I was typing that I laughed, so I take that back :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Hmm this is easy America is a wonderful country, we have done everything we can to try to export freedom and relieve suffering all over the world, granted we have done it through misguided means and have invited some of the worst of us to do so, But America has always been the strongest nation aside from out delusions, because of our diversity, our willingness to be bold and thumb our nose at tradition and do our own thing.

I am biracial, but regardless people have the chance to LOVE all different kinds of cultures, to pick and choose from a buffet of everything from Yoga, Japanese Anime, Martial Arts, Fashion, Music from all backgrounds, Rock, Metal, Rap, R&B, Country, not to mention Technology and Art from the greatest minds around the fucking world.

I won the lottery being born American. We fight each other, just like we fight for our ideas regardless to borders or labels, and I think that is fucking awesome. I truly think the fact we confront some of the most sensitive and taboo ideas against one another, we have made out combined culture stronger, even if at times it seems to rock the very foundation.

It's true that as a by product all the things I have said will take us apart at the seems, but if it doesn't if we actually to find a way America can be every bit as good as it's promise and unstoppable, and I think that scared and scares the hell out of everyone. Because we power comes great responsibility, but the fear that comes with that, lends to breed mistrust, the longer we make that work and find a way, and progress, almost destroying us, it always makes us stronger in the end. We are the United States even if we aren't so united anymore.
    This was beautiful.

The secret of immortality is in America.

10+ Year Old Account
    When it comes to the second world war, often Americans talk about their part in it, some even acting like they made all the difference, and for their part, they did. But its often seen as if there roll was the most important part, despite it being the UK who actually stood against the Nazi invasion to begin with. America came in later.

Ireland;

... nothing exceptional about it really. Bangers and Mash?

Also our politicians. Never underestimate how more corrupt they can get... Oh! And how the citizens just accept it and do absolutely nothing about it but complain!

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    When it comes to the second world war, often Americans talk about their part in it, some even acting like they made all the difference, and for their part, they did. But its often seen as if there roll was the most important part, despite it being the UK who actually stood against the Nazi invasion to begin with. America came in later.
    Pft, they came in last minute and hog all the glory.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    My home country? It's language and history as well as the countryside, the physical geography of it. Though it is a shame too much of the land is marred by a history of industrialization and coal mining. And the language is marred by the onslaught of English. The Welsh language is its greatest feature, and deeply tied to it. The smallness of it is its best feature, the ruralness as well as its hills and rocky cliffside coasts. My childhood and early teens/tween years think back to here, and it has a warm nostalgic place for me. There is for me nothing truly negative about it except that it isn't entirely as I likely now come to remember it. The crashing waves of the Irish sea will sing to me forever.

For my country of current habitation, the landscapes are perhaps its most defining and striking feature. There are forests, that which still stand, that can be thought of as endless. The great Redwoods and Sequioas are perhaps Gods onto themselves, and the stones of the Sierra are far taller and more powerful than the humble hills of Wales, though alas the history is silent, unknown and the stones don't spill their secrets. The central valley is choked with smog, though near Butte you can see brief glimpses of the wetlands that once covered the central valley, and in the east there is Mono Lake and the many geothermal vents that produce some enchanting rocks and stones as well as wonderful hotsprings. The coastline is also jagged and rocky in many places, the roar of the pacific ocean is also dominating as the mountains in the east, that life giving ocean is rich, and the beaches are essentially paradise on earth.

The whole northwest is similar, with rich temperate rainforests spreading from Salem to Bellingham and beyond. Indeed you might seek shelter there from the near chronic apocalyptic fires that grip California now. But the Northwest has its own enchanting charm and beauty, particularly along the coast and right up along the Salish Sea near Vancuvor. Portland is a fun town with a good music scene, or it had a good music scene a few years ago. Though extended stays can drive you mad.

Nevada is interesting with a kind of harsh brutal desolate beauty and its own quirky history, particularly the stuff about UFO's, Area 51 and its atomic testing ranges leaving the land scarred and even more brutalized. It is kind of beautiful in a horrific way. Arizona is a forsaken place, humans should not live there, ever.

There are allegedly other parts that don't touch the Pacific Ocean, I've even seen them briefly. But I cannot say much about them as I've not known them as well or as intimately.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2019-01-12 at 05:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm from the US.

Hotdogs.

I mean, cooked-over-the-fire hot dogs. Roast them right, and they're heavenly.

Don't get the ones from a gas station or a vender on the street. No. By a pack of good quality hot dogs, start a goddamn fire, stick them on a stick and roast the fuckers.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by nymphetsss View Post
    Poutine !

Oh god now I want some
    It's not underrated, in fact i want to travel across the Atlantic just to taste some Poutine haha.

Eat well.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    New Zealand -

Pretty easy to have a decent standard of living.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    New Zealand -

Pretty easy to have a decent standard of living.
    New Zealand is so nice.

Bolivia

the food

specifically Cochabamba

its literally the only reason i go visit home

Quote Originally Posted by Hekazi View Post
    It's not underrated, in fact i want to travel across the Atlantic just to taste some Poutine haha.

Eat well.
    A pub close to my house, serves it with cut up breaded chicken and bacon on top, its a heart attack waiting to happen !

Coming from Poland, beers, I would say. We have a really massive selection of breweries both small and big, but even those from big breweries absolutely trump the brands from worldwide-known foreign companies. And then those from small breweries are just delicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

I am in Australia..

Easy going relaxed lifestyle (no worries mate).

Lots of Sunshine.

Nice food from different cultures.

Nice Wine.

Being able to experience all 4 seasons in 1 day.